IGNORED

Fair play to Wrexham

Tinmans Love Child

34 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Was it actually just a £5 raise, or do Accrington do what most other clubs do, including ourselves and have Gold fixtures? These are derermined when the fixture list comes out so not technically a raise in prices. 

I think it’s rather splitting hairs to distinguish between a “gold price band” and a price increase.

Seems to me that a “gold price band” is simply a way of telling everyone in advance that the club is going to raise prices for any big game that comes along. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think it’s rather splitting hairs to distinguish between a “gold price band” and a price increase.

Seems to me that a “gold price band” is simply a way of telling everyone in advance that the club is going to raise prices for any big game that comes along. 

Which is what every club does, the Accrington owner said the increase in price was partly due to the increase in policing costs for the game 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Which is what every club does, the Accrington owner said the increase in price was partly due to the increase in policing costs for the game 

Yep, a good job they did as well, seeing as Wrexham fans threw objects at the Accrington goalkeeper because they were losing.

Accrington operate hand to mouth, Wrexham are bankrolled by Hollywood actors & Disney plus, not difficult to see the difference.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It looked as though there was about 2k Wrexham there .

That’s the point though, isn’t it? It’s part of a business model that’s been quite prevalent in football for a while now. Which is to get most reasonably regular home fans signed up on a (reasonably priced) season ticket and then exploit away fans with your match-day pricing structure.

And whilst I take the point that @GrahamC makes, at the end of the day it’s individual Wrexham fans who end up paying the price for that. 

• Like 2

• Admin
14 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Wrexham have tweeted that following Accrington raising match day prices by £5 for their game v Wrexham they have decided to lower prices by £5 for the returning fixture!

Great marketing obviously, but also great for fans that not all clubs are just out to screw each other playing tit for tat on prices.

You did see the date on the tweet?