IGNORED

Leeds Vs Ipswich

Silvio Dante

Could this be the beginning of a spectacular implode for Ipswich?

If so, I hope Ashton spends recklessly/wastefully as they attempt to buy their way out of trouble/freefrall and gets them into the same sh*t that he got us into.

Never had a real problem with Ipswich before, but I do now, and will until Ashton goes elsewhere.

• Like 1

Don't dislike us because of one individual.    I never asked Mark Ashton to come on board with us, all right he's now part of a (mostly) successful club side and fans at ITFC have more or less now welcomed or accepted his position but i've rather talk or discuss what occurs on the pitch.

Today was disappointing, don't like noon kick-offs particularly in such pivotal games of this nature but they were value for the win.     Leeds beat us and scored 4 at Portman Road earlier in the season, they've beaten us again at their own ground and scored another 4 times.    That's a promotion team in every sense of the word but we can only concentrate on our own objectives and try to keep in with the automatic promotion places.  

we have Leicester coming up soon and another performance and result like today just won't be acceptable.  Very few teams stop us from scoring over an entire game of 90 minutes but we hardly registered a shot on goal up there today.    Concede too many goals although that's compensated by an attack and forward options that many others in the league simply can't match.     Still in a very good position to challenge though.     So many other teams would jump at the chance to be where we are and the opportunity that goes with it.  

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Don't dislike us because of one individual.    I never asked Mark Ashton to come on board with us, all right he's now part of a (mostly) successful club side and fans at ITFC have more or less now welcomed or accepted his position but i've rather talk or discuss what occurs on the pitch.

Today was disappointing, don't like noon kick-offs particularly in such pivotal games of this nature but they were value for the win.     Leeds beat us and scored 4 at Portman Road earlier in the season, they've beaten us again at their own ground and scored another 4 times.    That's a promotion team in every sense of the word but we can only concentrate on our own objectives and try to keep in with the automatic promotion places.  

we have Leicester coming up soon and another performance and result like today just won't be acceptable.  Very few teams stop us from scoring over an entire game of 90 minutes but we hardly registered a shot on goal up there today.    Concede too many goals although that's compensated by an attack and forward options that many others in the league simply can't match.     Still in a very good position to challenge though.     So many other teams would jump at the chance to be where we are and the opportunity that goes with it.  

Its all down to that *** ashton.

People perhaps forget or dont know that top flight Ipswich came down to AG to play a fundraiser when we were in deep financial shit

Personally always liked Ipswich.

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

As a club you are completely irrelevant to me. I just hate Mark Ashton and therefore currently your club. Once he leaves I’ll go back to having no interest in you once again. 

58 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

There was a certain club 5-6 years ago who we’re competing for top spot in this division with Wolves and played a few days before Xmas against them and lost, it all went pear shaped and ended up finishing 8th 

I wonder if Mr Ashton has learnt any lessons from then and his disastrous transfer dealings???

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

People perhaps forget or dont know that top flight Ipswich came down to AG to play a fundraiser when we were in deep financial shit

Yep, Ipswich are a good club, a club a neutral likes.

But we still “hate” Ashton…not Ipswich!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Totally agree. I've a lot of time for Ipswich but the slippery car salesman, I can't stand him!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

There was a certain club 5-6 years ago who we’re competing for top spot in this division with Wolves and played a few days before Xmas against them and lost, it all went pear shaped and ended up finishing 8th 

I wonder if Mr Ashton has learnt any lessons from then and his disastrous transfer dealings???

Time for a diony-kent promotion saving double swoop in Jan?

Edited by Sleepy1968

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Totally agree. I've a lot of time for Ipswich but the slippery car salesman, I can't stand him!

To have accumulated 52 points on there first season back so far is pretty good going but like some previous poster have said got some big games coming up 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

off topic, you had one of the best shirt designs ever in 84-86ish....

On 23/12/2023 at 17:03, Sleepy1968 said:

Time for a diony-kent promotion saving double swoop in Jan?

I didn't mind ipswich until Ashton went there: However combine that with some of their smug fans (remember them thinking they could get alex scott for £7m?) and now I hope the wheels fall off in spectacular fashion starting with permanent 3.5 year multi million pound deals for both of the useless t*sspots above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cityal said:

I didn't mind ipswich until Ashton went there: However combine that with some of their smug fans (remember them thinking they could get alex scott for £7m?) and now I hope the wheels fall off in spectacular fashion starting with permanent 3.5 year multi million pound deals for both of the useless t*sspots above.

I thought the whole Scott transfer sum you are refering to was part of a windup that included several top football league players that were obviously undervalued.