IGNORED

Fanbase

redkev

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

It's difficult to see where to next capacity increase would fit in.

Fill in the Atyeo corners? Lose segregation, gain a few hundred.

Two tier Atyeo? Not a huge increase in numbers, right to light protests from Ashton Road residents. 

Two tier South Stand? Possible, but hugely expensive.

Complete rebuild of the Dolman?          Is there room? 

Don't think right to lights applies any more, so a two tiered option would be the best on the existing footprint ie. Without buying the houses up.

Filling in the corners between the Lansdown and Dolman stands would help also, if only for atmosphere rather than masses of additional seats.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Don't think right to lights applies any more, so a two tiered option would be the best on the existing footprint ie. Without buying the houses up.

Filling in the corners between the Lansdown and Dolman stands would help also, if only for atmosphere rather than masses of additional seats.

A quick explainer on Right to Light. It's hard to say really.

https://www.marshcommercial.co.uk/articles/rights-to-light#:~:text=What is right to light,their neighbours' rights to light.

Devil probably in the details, isn't it always with this stuff.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 hours ago, mattjb said:

Look at the amount of kids,women and families at games nowadays.These days the stadium and its facilities make it much more of an option for people that probably won’t have come to games years ago. It’s one of the main reasons the gas lag so far behind us with their aging fan base and portaloos 

Agree. Talking of our facilities, I know it’s smaller, but, for me, our concourse is far more inviting than what we experienced at the London Stadium on Sunday (of course, I’m assuming that the West Hams fans have the same environment as us away fans). 

10 hours ago, redkev said:

Going on our attendances over the last year or so and our away support especially this season at most ( not all games ) I have to admit I personally think it’s been pretty impressive

When you take into consideration how poor our form has been over the last 2-4 years with the club in the same division and pretty much treading water our attendances have held up very well . Any big game now be it cup , localish Derby ( as we ain’t had a proper Derby against the other lot for ages now ) the tickets seemed to be snapped up pretty much before getting to general sale every time ( take note if we ever get to prem ) why has our support held up and if not held up improved without taking steps forward on the pitch. Is Ashton gate a more pleasant match day experience for the average fan ( not the hardcore we want our east end back fan Ashton gate will never be the same for them me included ) or are we gaining more fans that would have gone to the blue few as we deffo seem higher profile than them now and obviously get better teams come to Ashton gate with better players and quality players . I’m pretty sure the way things are with our current fan base IF we did ever get to the prem in the near future all games would be a sellout and full allocation would be taken for every away game.
Your thoughts fellow reds 

I think your spot on as jon lansdown put in his Christmas letter our average support is over 22000 and we still have some big games at home , we would definitely hit the 27000 mark if in the prem week in week out and I’m sure if we beat West Ham and get forest home this too will be sold out so as things stand this season must be seen as an improvement but where do we go from here ie ground development size 

27 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree. Talking of our facilities, I know it’s smaller, but, for me, our concourse is far more inviting than what we experienced at the London Stadium on Sunday (of course, I’m assuming that the West Hams fans have the same environment as us away fans). 

Our concourse seemed bigger and a lot more food drink outlets than West Ham had to me 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

One thing I have noticed is the amount of foreign nationals watching us and coming to games. I have spoken to Ukrainians, Pols, Romanians who love there football and enjoy watching City as their local team. There are also quite a few others from the far east and Asia 

Quite a cosmopolitan crowd at AG now, not sure they have quite got a grip of the Wurzels just yet and drink up thee cider 😂

My season ticket is in the middle of a punch of POTD tickets in the Dolman and there’s a group of (what I’d guess is!) Polish guys who’ve started rocking up in full city hats and scarves combos, and seem to enjoy the games more than everyone else around them. Had some Americans and Chinese groups for the odd game too. Think it’s a good sign if non-Bristolians fancy a game down the gate (as long as it doesn’t go to Man Utd levels)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

My season ticket is in the middle of a punch of POTD tickets in the Dolman and there’s a group of (what I’d guess is!) Polish guys who’ve started rocking up in full city hats and scarves combos, and seem to enjoy the games more than everyone else around them. Had some Americans and Chinese groups for the odd game too. Think it’s a good sign if non-Bristolians fancy a game down the gate (as long as it doesn’t go to Man Utd levels)

I met a chap in pub last home game he’s a season ticket holder from Cambridge doesn’t miss a game 

with home games to come including Cardiff Swansea Leicester Leeds and Southampton and cup full house our average this season should push 24000 and that’s fantastic 

• Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

The polish groups are getting bigger as they have fallen in love with the red and white maybe we should try to sign a polish striker again :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Topper 123 said:

I met a chap in pub last home game he’s a season ticket holder from Cambridge doesn’t miss a game 

with home games to come including Cardiff Swansea Leicester Leeds and Southampton and cup full house our average this season should push 24000 and that’s fantastic 

Fair play- bet he has to drive past a couple of more successful clubs than city on his way down!

Mate of mines dad used to drive up from Cornwall for every home game, good bit of dedication, especially seeing as I live by the Luckwell pub and I have to convince myself to go down if it’s pissing down. 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

This is a great example of why the moaning about cheap kids’ season tickets (allegedly) causing empty seats in the South Stand is so short sighted. You can’t expect a child to attend every match; but there’s a good chance that this introduction hooks them for life.

No one is on about getting rid of cheap season tickets though are they?

11 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

No one is on about getting rid of cheap season tickets though are they?

You're definitely on the right track and this thread is a clear example why we don't need to sell so many cheap season tickets that aren't going to be used regularly, those seats should go to groups to POTD.

I agree the Family Area should be cheap kids tickets and nowhere else. It's the last part of the ground to sell out as you need to have a kid to go in there.

So South Stand is full of empty kids seats. And Lansdown isn't full as you need a kid in there.

Absolutely screwed up in my opinion, adds barely anything to turnover (probably reduces it), creates a worse atmosphere and excludes groups from the Gate.

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

You're definitely on the right track and this thread is a clear example why we don't need to sell so many cheap season tickets that aren't going to be used regularly, those seats should go to groups to POTD.

I agree the Family Area should be cheap kids tickets and nowhere else. It's the last part of the ground to sell out as you need to have a kid to go in there.

So South Stand is full of empty kids seats. And Lansdown isn't full as you need a kid in there.

Absolutely screwed up in my opinion, adds barely anything to turnover (probably reduces it), creates a worse atmosphere and excludes groups from the Gate.

Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. 

There may be a few playing the system, which will always be the case but how do we know that every unoccupied seat is owned by someone who isn’t attendinng. I know for sure the area from section 82 attracts kids from other parts of the South Stand.

Then as always with juvenile tickets you will have some non-attended, kids who only see the parent who takes them to games seeing them every other weekend, kids parties, illness.

If someone is taking the piss by buying an under-12’s season ticket purely for reserving a seat next to them then something should be looked into so it could be made easier to police but having a blanket ban on cheap under 12’s tickets on every part of the ground bar the Upper Lansdown seems ridiculous when one of the great successes of the past few years has been increasing season ticket & membership numbers. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks

10 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

I sat next to Polish family in the Dolman a few years back, all decked out in city kit and scarves, mum and dad and kid, great to see!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1