IGNORED

Tonight’s Game

Davefevs

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There will be twists and turns aplenty. The top 4 are the top 4 more or less but 10 sides and maybe more will think they have a chance of the playoffs to some level, 6th certainly and maybe 5th.

Are Hull at any risk of FFP in the not to distant future? Seems like all they've done since they've been back in the Championship is spend.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I wonder what sort of team they will put out on Wednesday?

It was about 7 changes in the first game i think, but I'm guessing the league is the priority over the cup.

An away tie to Liverpool doesn't carry the same glamour when you've done it in the league a number of times recently.

The 'club' might have played Liverpool recently, but have the current squad of player or even the manager come up against them?

Add to that the potential financial windfall it would generate, 3rd round winner prize money a probable television appearance and gate receipts, the bean-counters will be desperate for progression, add to that a January transfer window which if more revenue is nailed on might allow them to strengthen, then I would expect them to go full strength.

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Are Hull at any risk of FFP in the not to distant future? Seems like all they've done since they've been back in the Championship is spend.

I would say likely summer 2025 if they're still down here.

Short answer, Allams post 2016 say ran not just a tight ship but austerity, made Mike Ashley look like Abramovich.

Hull owner inherited a very low cost base, artificially low revenue as fans were keeping away and attendances as low as 12k average.

Income streams with buoyancy have risen and KLP £15-20m pure profit in 2022-23..I'd say if they don't go up within the next 18 months, end of next season at the latest.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Random question, how far away from the ground have you heard City score, either late arriving or early leaving?

A couple of years ago, I had to leave early for some family reason, I was crossing Princes St bridge (by Arnolfini) when I heard our injury time winner, it sort of rumbled along the river, quite strange !

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would say likely summer 2025 if they're still down here.

Short answer, Allams post 2016 say ran not just a tight ship but austerity, made Mike Ashley look like Abramovich.

Hull owner inherited a very low cost base, artificially low revenue as fans were keeping away and attendances as low as 12k average.

Income streams with buoyancy have risen and KLP £15-20m pure profit in 2022-23..I'd say if they don't go up within the next 18 months, end of next season at the latest.

So basically shit or bust for them within the next 18 months? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Random question, how far away from the ground have you heard City score, either late arriving or early leaving?

Early leaving I'm afraid. Me and a mate decided to leave to go to the pub, missed 2 goals in one night!! The first was at the far end of the park, the second on the old train track heading to the Nova.

Vs Leeds. Silly boys!!

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Self-preservation I guess.  Think he’s a good coach.  Still don’t get why he’s after so many attacking players.  His defence is sub-optimal for a playoff chasing team.

Absolutely right. As good as they were going forward against us their defence and particularly goalkeeper Alsop aren't going to get them into the playoffs.