IGNORED

Now Coventry supporters are up to it....

phantom

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not a great OP to talk about the game but….

Some questionable refereeing decisions in this one.

Agree, couldn't see any other thread, apart from the Nige one, in former players etc, but don't think anyone looks ther (I don't)

Got the red card right. No idea what Lee Hendrie is on about, red all day long.

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Cracking game, just spoiled by Darren England. Never a pen.

I actually thought it was a penalty and a probably a red card (not yellow) under the current laws. He’s not in control of his body. He follows through high onto the right thigh area of the Leicester player. Doesn’t matter that he got the ball first. Fans don’t know the laws. They just decide their view on what they want the laws to be. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not a great OP to talk about the game but….

Some questionable refereeing decisions in this one.

I thought ref got both decisions just about right. (Could have been red for Cov defender.) Lee Hendrie’s analysis shows he doesn’t understand the laws as they are. Amateurish summariser.

Even Nige thought ref was right on both - and he doesn’t tolerate refs easily.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I thought ref got both decisions just about right. (Could have been red for Cov defender.) Lee Hendrie’s analysis shows he doesn’t understand the laws as they are. Amateurish summariser.

Yep. It can still be dangerous even if you win the ball first.

25 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

When did any summarise know the laws of the game? Of for that matter half of our referees. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. It can still be dangerous even if you win the ball first.

Yet in the game last night the Norwich keeper came flying out of the box to head the ball and completely flattened the Hull CF who had to go off with multiple injuries. Result? Free kick to Norwich!

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

Yet in the game last night the Norwich keeper came flying out of the box to head the ball and completely flattened the Hull CF who had to go off with multiple injuries. Result? Free kick to Norwich!

It was Connolly so it doesn’t count. 😉

Seriously though, I think that one last night was a bit more grey, because Connolly isn’t caring around whether he hits keeper either.

Play-on!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was Connolly so it doesn’t count. 😉

Seriously though, I think that one last night was a bit more grey, because Connolly isn’t caring around whether he hits keeper either.

Play-on!!

I don't think Connolly could see him as he was facing the other way

Often when people get in trouble for chanting about Hillsborough, the Munich Air Disaster or any other tragedy, their excuse is they got drunk and made a misjudgement in the heat of the moment. It's very, very difficult to pass getting a banner designed, printed and hung from a bridge as a misjudgement in the heat of the moment.

I just don't get the mentality at all. There's obviously teams where I want them to lose football matches but I just can't imagine taking joy or amusement in any tragedy that happened to a rival club and I can't understand at all why anyone who does so feels the need to announce it publicly.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

A player for sure…….Cov looking good. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the top 6th come May.

I said that yesterday , deffo wouldn’t want them at the moment got to be the form team , o hare bit of a cock but quality player , nailed on top 6 for me 

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

As long as we finish fifth !

I hate to say it as we seem to say it every year even though we have a decent squad ( honest & hard working ) I think we lack the quality to challenge top 6 , however ( here we go again ) a couple of quality signings and think we could challenge - 🙈. Rinse & repeat 

• Like 1