IGNORED

Tonight's tickets?

Slack

I should have been in S26. 
The stewards wouldn’t let me in - they said it was ‘too full’. They were right - there was no way I could have forced my way through without causing a fight, so I went back down and found a ‘club’ steward (wearing black) - he was brilliant and said he would find me a seat - or if he couldn’t then he’d let me into the Heineken Lounge. 
After a few conversations on his radio with colleagues, he led me to the middle of S23 where there were 2 spare seats. Met up with the Mrs at half time for a (free) beer (she was in the Dolman) and then we watched the second half together from S23. 
It got sorted in the end, but it should t have happened in the first place and I’m annoyed that I missed the goal. 

E34 was basically two to a seat at the front. We need an expanded standing area in the South Stand and probably a standing area in E34 too. These occurrences are getting more and more common. Growing fanbase means more wanting to get involved vocally too. E34 is in fairness only like this for the big games, but it's mad that the club continue to stifle S82 in the corner when demand is totally outweighing supply. Safety will inevitably come into it at some point.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the Bears have the record attendance at the "new" Ashton Gate 26,399.

Published yes, actual bums on seats (or safe standing!) no.

Dave Storr, the safety officer, did a talk at a Senior Reds lunch and said due to the number of no shows at the rugby, the Manchester City game holds the rebuilt stadium’s highest actual attendance!

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Published yes, actual bums on seats (or safe standing!) no.

Dave Storr, the safety officer, did a talk at a Senior Reds lunch and said due to the number of no shows at the rugby, the Manchester City game holds the rebuilt stadium’s highest actual attendance!

I think thats a subjective view from Dave.

You could say that for any game, the only objective measurement is the number of tickets sold, rightly or wrongly.

To put it another way, the record number of tickets sold at AG (other than concerts) is held by the Bears.

17 hours ago, TV Tom said:

I can't imagine many bought their tickets and then decided they "couldn't attend" 

Most of the available seats were splashed all over the Lansdown and Dolman, literally 100s popping up over the last few days, they put the  capacity in the Atyeo down by a 1000 as well which was the main reason for not being a "sell out"

I did just that bought my ticket and sold it back to the club,but then again i had a good reason to do so as my wife has just passed away!!

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I saved my ticket onto my phone, so didn’t need to try and download. Surely this is the sensible thing to do, especially if you’ve got multiple tickets to scan? 🤔

Yes I saved my ticket to the Apple Books app on my iPhone and just opened it from there - worked fine. 

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think thats a subjective view from Dave.

You could say that for any game, the only objective measurement is the number of tickets sold, rightly or wrongly.

To put it another way, the record number of tickets sold at AG (other than concerts) is held by the Bears.

Well no, the number of people that actually come through the turnstile is recorded for each game, so it's very much an objective view based on data. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

A surprise to hear of the ticket issues last night after myself and two others rocked up to the SS turnstiles at 7.35pm and got in within 5 mins.  Clearly not as smooth elsewhere and coms to advise on easier points of access at fault.  Generally everything takes longer since season cards went digital but I haven't found it too bad.

oh the irony in that comment 😆