IGNORED

My idea of a sporting Sunday

1960maaan

Dire ITV from Anfield. Relentlessly disrespectful to Norwich. Just replayed both Liverpool goals while referring to a Norwich goal ‘sandwiched between’ ( ie an equaliser). While telling us all that the only ball we’re interested in during the draw is Maidstone’s. Frankly sick of this tabloid style- look for the story and plug nothing else style of coverage. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Dire ITV from Anfield. Relentlessly disrespectful to Norwich. Just replayed both Liverpool goals while referring to a Norwich goal ‘sandwiched between’ ( ie an equaliser). While telling us all that the only ball we’re interested in during the draw is Maidstone’s. Frankly sick of this tabloid style- look for the story and plug nothing else style of coverage. 

Well they are shite!

1 minute ago, Super said:

All the ITV commentators are pretty bad much prefer BBC

Tyldesley is pretty good but they barely ever use him. Cant stand this geezer at the moment. He also does Sky games too. He's bloody terrible.

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Didn’t think West Brom fans had that sort of fight in them tbh , I know there was trouble with city many years ago where the 2nd half was delayed but I thought that was city fans being being the aggressor that day . Every time I been there ( quite a few ) basically drank where want walk about no real signs of hostility,

wolves far more feisty imo 

These clubs absolutely hate each other.

City Rovers, Blackburn Burnley, as someone who spent two years living that way, it’s a really intense one on a par with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Didn’t think West Brom fans had that sort of fight in them tbh , I know there was trouble with city many years ago where the 2nd half was delayed but I thought that was city fans being being the aggressor that day . Every time I been there ( quite a few ) basically drank where want walk about no real signs of hostility,

wolves far more feisty imo 

West Brom and Wolves hate each other.

In general terms agree, but exception to the rule etc.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

These clubs absolutely hate each other.

City Rovers, Blackburn Burnley, as someone who spent two years living that way, it’s a really intense one on a par with that.

It's a bit odd because West Brom are actually closer mileage-wise to Villa, Birmingham and Walsall than Wolves, but it's fierce and has been for decades.

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Yep, just thinking the same. It’s a Liverpool/Klopp love in as well, Norwich barely mentioned. 

Well if we play them in the next round we’d probably lose 5-0 as usual .

Almost wouldn’t bother with the replay at Saints .

Good game today - we had chances but they definitely dominated after brining their big guns in attack on.

Today's game between Wolves and WBA was only the second game at the Hawthorns between the clubs since 2011.

It demonstrated to me, the absolute carnage that would occur the next competitive game between us and Rovers.

We haven't played them in the league in 23 years and in the cup for 11.

The scenes before, during and after would be reminiscent of Apocalypse now in my eyes, absolute chaos.

That's why I say to both my ST sons that haven't ever seen a Derby that there is nothing to be gained by ever playing them again.

Every year that goes by just enflames the cauldron just that little bit more.

When we played them twice pretty much every year in the 80s and 90s, you could deal with the build up, atmosphere and game itself. Not now I'm afraid, it's gone too long. A whole generation of fans waiting for an opportunity to let loose all the pent up misdirected angst.

Shame, it was a game I always used to look forward to. Now I just dread every cup draw when we could possibly draw them.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Today's game between Wolves and WBA was only the second game at the Hawthorns between the clubs since 2011.

It demonstrated to me, the absolute carnage that would occur the next competitive game between us and Rovers.

The scenes before, during and after would be reminiscent of Apocalypse now in my eyes, absolute chaos.

That's why I say to both my ST sons that haven't ever seen a Derby that there is nothing to be gained by ever playing them again.

When we played them twice pretty much every year in the 80s and 90s, you could deal with the build up, atmosphere and game itself. Not now I'm afraid, it's gone too long. A whole generation of fans waiting for an opportunity to let loose all the pent up misdirected angst.

Shame, it was a game I always used to look forward to. Now I just dread every cup draw when we could possibly draw them.

Think you’re right.  Those clubs that had friendly rivalries in the past (not saying we necessarily did), those days are long gone.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Absolutely this. The longer it goes on, the more insane the game will be when we finally play each other.

Can you imagine the scenes at AG if a few Gashead's celebrated a goal in the Lansdown? It would go off big time. 

If you are daft enough to buy tickets in the home end, keep your head down FFS.