IGNORED

Conway and Wells must start together!

BCFCOFSWEDEN

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That could work Dave. Twine and Conway could interchange to offer up a bit of unpredictability which we lack. 

How does this new stacking signing we are after fit into this tho? 

Could also go for example

Sykes TGH Knight

Twine

Conway Wells

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got no idea.  Preparing to be surprised, hopefully in a good way.

Our recruitment has generally been spot on. That’s one thing I cant complain about. Even with the younger guys we've recently brought in, if just one of them turns out to be a player that goes and plays in the Prem then bingo. 

Obviously we don't know who this player is right now. The attacking description is a bit vague. Could be anyone that plays in an attacking position. Could be a 10, a winger, who knows. 

But personally it's not really an area of the field I think we need another body. Unless the Twine and Sykes injuries are more serious than is being let on.

It is a bit of LJ clubs in the bag sort of thing. But then I could see sense in bringing in a player if say for example we know we're going to sell Tommy in the summer so it would make sense to bring forward our recruitment of his replacement if we could. 

Personally if it was up to me I'd be looking at doing some work on the midfield. I'd love to see a Paul Hartley type of player in our team.

Also id be taking a look at the GK position, I've been saying that since the summer. Max is OK and has moments of brilliance. However I'm of the belief that ok isn't good enough. We should always be looking to improve upon what we have got if we can. 

But we shall hopefully see what the club has lined up soon. 

Sykes is the key IMO. He’s the only one who does things at pace. Without attacking pace, our forwards are always going to get flogged.

Bell has shown in the past that he can play this role, but he’s been struggling with the basics these past few months.

Other keys are Atkinson and Naismith, with their ability to drive the ball forward without going out to the wings.

In short, we’re slow and predictable at the moment which gives our forwards no chance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could also go for example

Sykes TGH Knight

Twine

Conway Wells

Fevs a cheeky question for you if you can be bothered... How many times have Sykes and Conway both started this season and did it produce goals?

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Fevs a cheeky question for you if you can be bothered... How many times have Sykes and Conway both started this season and did it produce goals?

IMG_9696.thumb.jpeg.1e052009b4a2f5f6466718551df95b50.jpeg

started together: 12

wins: 6

draws: 2:

losses: 4

gf: 16 ga: 14

Tommy has come off the bench 5 times / Sykes 1

(I filtered out FA Cup because Sykes has been injured all 3)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_9696.thumb.jpeg.1e052009b4a2f5f6466718551df95b50.jpeg

started together: 12

wins: 6

draws: 2:

losses: 4

gf: 16 ga: 14

Tommy has come off the bench 5 times / Sykes 1

(I filtered out FA Cup because Sykes has been injured all 3)

Thank you kind sir  :worship2:

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah Twine out for a fortnight apparently, there likely will be another week or 2 until we see Sykes again.

Oh is that a fortnight like me and you know it or a city injury fortnight ( 6 months ) 

• Like 2

One of the things I think we really miss, especially playing Manning-ball, is having a striker who drops back into the hole and in doing so giving defenders a difficult decision to either let them go or follow them. In choosing to follow them this creates gaps in behind that the other striker has the chance to exploit. 

Personality if like to see try this more often (Tuesday night being the only time I think we've done it this season?). 

Appreciate that this means sacrificing someone somewhere else but I think this is preferable to a tucked in or roaming Mehmeti who teams are quickly working out can't shoot from distance and can't get behind players to be effective either as a winger or inside left forward. 

• Flames 1