IGNORED

Special Thanks To Cheese & Gillies - That Shirt!

Tomo

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I first went to Ashton Gate with my father during the 77/78 season and was a proud owner of the legendary home kit worn by my heroes.

It must be going back about 15 years ago that the club had 'those replica shirts for sale' in the club shop. Admittedly, they didn't have the Umbro Badge and the Stripes down the arms, but it was my first ever City top, so I had to purchase the home and away replica. I've not really worn them at all since purchasing, but, once my mancave was completed, I had an idea...

Let's ignore the Anglo Scottish Cup, that was the pre-season before the 76/77 season kicked off. The league is always the most important thing and we were back in the top flight again, waiting for Arsenal away (I'm not exactly sure what kit we wore in pre-season but that doesn't matter anyway).

It was Paul Cheesley who scored the very 1st 'league goal' at Arsenal in that away shirt and 3 days later at home to Stoke, Donnie Gillies replaced Cheese (famous injury) as the 'only sub', to score the very 1st 'league goal' in the home shirt.

Whilst, I was not attending games that season, I still thought it would be a brilliant idea to get them signed by these 2 great men. That I did, and both Donnie and Cheese were absolutely amazing. I spent over an hour with Donnie having a beer and talking about the good old days.

The Canvas Style shirts are now perfectly displayed in my mancave. If anyone is interested in getting their old shirts looking amazing for a display, just PM me. I have a contact. 

Donnie and myself spoke about my very 1st game sat in the Dolman on my 8th Birthday (30.12.1978) when we hosted Manchester City. During all my previous visits to Ashton Gate (77/78), I was literally 'hanging on for dear life' holding onto the railings at the back of the open end. 

The Dolman Birthday Experience was so memorable, I decided to revisit the Matchday Programme and get confirmation of the 12 players in the squad that day. Ping, using a chalkboard and 13 old panini stickers, another display was born...

Thanks to Donnie and Paul - Legends!

bcfc_gardenroom.jpg

Wonderful memories that will never leave you. It's why most of us get hooked on the club and why it's almost impossible to change clubs at any time of your life.

Keep the faith.

• Like 1

My son may not agree with you Graham.

Here are some more upto date shirts that have been made, which were worn by my son. I collected them these evening and they are now ready to display in his room.

He will be buzzing in the morning...

Making Memories...that he will remember, just like I did back in the day.

COYR

Tomo

Screenshot_20240131_223448_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

My son may not agree with you Graham.

Here are some more upto date shirts that have been made, which were worn by my son. I collected them these evening and they are now ready to display in his room.

He will be buzzing in the morning...

Making Memories...that he will remember, just like I did back in the day.

COYR

Tomo

Screenshot_20240131_223448_Gallery.jpg

That’s gold 🌟  parenting for me 👍🏻
Father / son shared football memories #PRICELESS

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Thanks 1