IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

1 minute ago, RollsRoyce said:

The issue is not losing against Prem squads with PP, Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. The issue was not beating Preston. Brum, Milwall, Watford. 

Leeds were just better than us. No shame in that. 

Yes, but we were really poor today. Clearly they are better than us, but when we have the ball, a bad pass is a bad pass and a poor cross is a poor cross. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Cidre Monita said:

You’ve just contradicted yourself mate. Manning needs to go after tonight. We have just been battered by a very average Leeds team. 

Oh come on 😂. That is never going to happen. Manning isn’t the problem. I mean he’s not helping either but I wouldn’t trust the clowns to employ a tea lady let alone a manager so we need to stick with him and hope it clicks. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Outclassed totally. Having been our strong point most of  Manning's tenure so far, the back 3 tonight were shambolic. How Leeds only scored once is unbelievable.

Don't think that Summerville would be good enough for us, he couldn't hit a barn door! 😂

4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

The issue is not losing against Prem squads with PP, Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. The issue was not beating Preston. Brum, Milwall, Watford. 

Leeds were just better than us. No shame in that. 

Completely agree - I've been banging this drum for a while.

It's great getting good results against Middlesbrough, Watford, etc. But it's wasted when you drop so many points against QPR, Birmingham, Huddersfield, etc.

Last time I checked, our record against bottom half sides under Manning was - P7 W0 D3 L4

Edited by Supersonic Robin
5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Did very well to keep it to one

Totally and utterly outclassed

By a very good side may I add , the top 3 or 4 sides in this league are miles better than the rest funnily 3 of them all ex prem with all there £££££££££ hand downs , never right , could we have the three that went up come down and the 3 that come down go up 

Gotta be honest I was happy with a point on Tuesday and didn’t expect much tonight BUT that was absolutely ******* shite. There was no performance apart from the keeper. No plan, no fight, no excitement, **** all. That wasn’t good enough notwithstanding how good Leeds were tbf to them.

Manning has got a huge job in his hands to get this team anywhere near what we played against tonight. We’re 17 games in now and I’m not making excuses for that bollocks we served up tonight.

• Flames 3

Never really expected anything from the game, however the amount of unforced errors especially from the back 3 was extremely poor. 

Best team I’ve seen at the gate since Man City to be fair to leeds and should’ve scored 2 or 3 more. 

Was always going to be a game where we had 1 or 2 chances to take points and mehmeti couldn’t bury it. Move on to the next game but these next few games don’t inspire me with much hope. 

Outclassed.

I'm by no means pessimistic about us putting together a side that might hold down a top half position, but tonight shows how far we are off really challenging at this level. I can't see how that will change if we sell every player we bring on who has the quality to get us there...and then fail to replace. One step forward two steps back.

I don't have anything against Manning, needs time...anyone would. Daft time to make the change though.

So mid-table it will be for the foreseeable future - with another promise of jam tomorrow. Pity.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ryan said:

We are terrible and going backwards. To everyone that wanted Nige out for a young 'dynamic' coach.You've got what you wanted, and I hope you are enjoying it more than me. 3 points from 18 is relegation form.  

At least we won’t go down I guess! 

Just now, Ryan said:

We are terrible and going backwards. To everyone that wanted Nige out for a young 'dynamic' coach.You've got what you wanted, and I hope you are enjoying it more than me. 3 points from 18 is relegation form.  

Pearson was shit. Manning is also shit in a different way 

• Facepalm 5

Lost 1 -0 to a prem side no real disgrace.

None of the Top teams had scored that many against us.

Clearly better side.

Their forward line is £60m+

Difficult for us to compete against that.

Played West Ham, Forest and Leeds at home and only conceded 1 goal.

I actually think that is progress. Won’t get seen by many on hear but a few years back we have conceded at least 7 or 8.

Over 3 games a win a draw and a loss - that actually is improvement.

Ling way to go I will except but we are slowly moving in the right direction.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Well not quite sure what's happened here ,that was bad make no mistake but I wouldn't blame individuals ,it was collectively poor . What were we set up to Do tonight ?  If things aren't going your way you just put all you can into it but some just weren't and it rubbed off. Really odd and atmosphere as well. 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Sky interviewer to Liam Manning - a massive task tonight- etc , .. ..so disrespectful we're at home against another championship club, a league where anyone can beat anyone , to listen to Sky it's like we're L2 v Man City in the cup.

TBH after listening to Sky if we can keep the score below 6-0 I'm going to bed happy!

Think they were on to something perhaps. Could’ve been 5. 

Half a dozen immediate post-match thoughts…..all of which pain me to say.

1 I don’t think I can remember us being outplayed for 90 minutes this season, as we were tonight

2 I lost count of how many times we passed to a Leeds player and how often we had no out-ball

3 We were very, very fortunate to only lose by one

4 If (and it is a big if) anybody ever thought we are a top six team that performance will certainly put them straight

5 A very disappointing performance, only Max came out of that with any credit

6 We were given a footballing lesson tonight

• Like 10
  • Flames 4

Leeds pressed our back 5 as well as i've seen any team do. Sadly Tanner, and to an extent Vyner, looked like rabbits in the headlights when the ball came to them.

We were completely dominated all over the pitch and whilst our performance was disappointing, we have to realise that Leeds front 4 are worth the best part of 100 million on their own.

• Like 2