IGNORED

Feedback from the latest SC&T meeting with BCFC

phantom

18 hours ago, phantom said:

FAO: @Tim Monaghan

Yes we do have plans to do this.

The commemorative game for supporters who have passed away over the season is likely to be on 29th March for our game against Leicester

Amazing. Thanks for asking the question and giving feedback @phantom. I appreciate that this could be a bit of a thankless task for you at times but you're doing a great job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting about the potential standing being expanded in the south stand, it will be a couple of issues thought, I am guessing it will be the whole lower half of the stand as originally proposed when it was built but what happens if there are quite a few in there who have got used to sitting and don't want it, will the club think on the greater good or not do it because of a few,

Also for it to work it really needs to be unreserved or there will be on end of issues but would the club be prepared to give up 10% of the stands capacity to make this happen ,

Think a lot of things need thinking about before they actually do it,

14 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Personally, I would do names on the score board and a minute applause to stop that from happening and have the best impact. 

I imagine the club will have an idea what sort of numbers we're talking about. I was certainly surprised at how many Birmingham had on their list. It left one a bit surprised that there were so many people left in the ground that evening!

• Admin
12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

A further point on this. I use the AG1 service and although it's normally a convenient option for me, the recent large crowds have highlighted how difficult it would be if more fans use them.

After the Forest game it took 30 minutes or so for me to get a bus back from outside the Robins, this was despite a "bus wrangler" being on hand to try and organise queues etc. 

I know the pick up has always been from outside the Robins, but the queues for the bus and the passing supporters who aren't using the bus often collide in a bit of a mess. 

Would it be possible to consider using the industrial park area or somewhere similar, away from the crowds, this is how it's done in Sunderland for example.

Hi @Port Said Red This is valuable feedback that I can take to the club the next time that we speak with them

7 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Yes…. But, as a club apparantly the main priority now is diversity equality inclusivity blah blah …. (without any fan consulation)
Fwiw i see alot of “diverse” people around AG, matchday staff & fans. Is Bristol sport is just ticking another box on this issue while not addressing what the fans want? 

@Lewisdabaron You have misinterpreted what I wrote, we are there to offer assistance to the club and advise them how best to liaise with our fanbase going forward, there 100% will be fan consultation

This is not a box ticking exercise but more to get new supporters attending games, and certainly not a "main priority" but working alongside many other things.

27 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Interesting about the potential standing being expanded in the south stand, it will be a couple of issues thought, I am guessing it will be the whole lower half of the stand as originally proposed when it was built but what happens if there are quite a few in there who have got used to sitting and don't want it, will the club think on the greater good or not do it because of a few,

Also for it to work it really needs to be unreserved or there will be on end of issues but would the club be prepared to give up 10% of the stands capacity to make this happen ,

Think a lot of things need thinking about before they actually do it,

@winsaw This is not meant to be a negative comment, but you have jumped the gun here. At this moment in time there has been no decision about where (if at all) it would be installed.

My personal opinion is that it won't be the lower South Stand as one of the comments made was standing should be behind those sat down to prevent any eye lines being restricted

I can assure you that supporters will be contacted for their personal feedback before anything is implemented. The club are very clear that if there is not the demand or that it will cause too much disruption it won't happen. But on the flip side, if the demand is there and a workable solution can be found it will happen.

The SC&T are purely involved to ensure the club go about this in the best way and offer our assistance for liaising with supporters and the Football Club

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I thought they did the tribute to those that sadly passed during COVID really really well. 

Everyone sent pics in of people we knew had died during this time and they did a sort of collage 

I agree, I thought it was tastefully and respectfully done and would hope it is done the same way

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Thanks for raising this issue.  Strange response from the club.  

The majority of clubs across the country have their name and crest on the outside of the stadium including us before the redevelopment.

@The Wild Bunch For what it's worth I would really like to see a massive City badge, we have amazing facilities so let's shout loud and proud about them

12 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Any reason why its not even open for consideration?

This is Bristol, This is Ashton Gate. Promote it

Hi @StGeorge I hate to say because this was asked in written format I was unable to follow up the answer

I can only assume any cost it entails could be spent on something of more use?

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I thought they did the tribute to those that sadly passed during COVID really really well. 

Everyone sent pics in of people we knew had died during this time and they did a sort of collage 

I was about to mention something similar. When we went to Brighton for the last game of the season they played a montage of all the people who had passed that year. No names called out, just the faces. It was very poignant and done with class. Even as an away fan, I acknowledged the tribute (you'll always get some who don't). It doesn't need to be dragged out just tastefully done. I think Downsey reading out names wouldn't hit the mark, plus the Tannoy system doesn't work in the Dolman.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phantom said:

FAO @Bobby girl

I know you provided me more details via a personal message, but have shared your post on the open forum - can you contact @JerrySLO either via PM on here on on X please and he will assist you

If we are able to be provided with evidence of this occurring then we will look to get this addressed swiftly.

Jerry will co-ordinate if there is anything forthcoming.

Sorry if this is a daft question but when should booking fees be charged? I am a season ticket holder and bought tickets for the Notts Forest game at Ashton gate and got charged fees (also charged fees for reverse fixture…).

• Admin
51 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Sorry if this is a daft question but when should booking fees be charged? I am a season ticket holder and bought tickets for the Notts Forest game at Ashton gate and got charged fees (also charged fees for reverse fixture…).

All purchases 

The error was people not being charged 

• Admin
13 hours ago, chowie said:

I was told this is happening April 13th v Huddersfield ?

I've had an email from Tom Rawcliffe, he confirmed the date as being the Leicester game. 

It was originally mentioned for the above date but this has been updated 

• Like 1