IGNORED

Embarrassing.

pillred

Need I say more? look I did not bother posting for a couple of hours to let the blood pressure subside, but what can I say? I, unfortunately, watched the game in front of about 6 Gasheads in the Duke who had come to watch us hopefully lose and well we certainly didn't disappoint them, we did not have a meaningful attack or attempt on goal, as the post says embarrassing, seldom in my 56 years of watching City have I EVER seen us so comprehensively outplayed in every department from the first kick to the final whistle, how the hell did we go from being deserved winners against West Ham to being outplayed by a team in the same division? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

Need I say more? look I did not bother posting for a couple of hours to let the blood pressure subside, but what can I say? I, unfortunately, watched the game in front of about 6 Gasheads in the Duke who had come to watch us hopefully lose and well we certainly didn't disappoint them, we did not have a meaningful attack or attempt on goal, as the post says embarrassing, seldom in my 56 years of watching City have I EVER seen us so comprehensively outplayed in every department from the first kick to the final whistle, how the hell did we go from being deserved winners against West Ham to being outplayed by a team in the same division? 

So you watched the game in a pub with gas rather than being here,couldn’t care less if you have supported city for 1 year or a 100 years because you clearly don’t know how football works,Were West Ham motivated to beat us or are Leeds better than us,you know the answer and while you mull it over your pint with the scummers ask how big the gap is 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So you watched the game in a pub with gas rather than being here,couldn’t care less if you have supported city for 1 year or a 100 years because you clearly don’t know how football works,Were West Ham motivated to beat us or are Leeds better than us,you know the answer and while you mull it over your pint with the scummers ask how big the gap is 

You Know nothing about me at all, well let me say one thing, I was not at the ground tonight because my wife has had a stroke and needs me to be at her side, I rarely go out and leave her but she insisted I go out to meet some friends to watch the game, the fact some people were there (Gas) wanting us to lose is irrelevant, and two teams in the same division should have meant we should have been at least competitive, were we? I was embarrassed and I'm not afraid to say it. 

Edited by pillred
  • Like 5

In other times a performance like that would have raised comments of the manager losing the dressing room. Manning seems to have got a team in his own image, rabbits in headlights comes to mind. He and they seemed scared and out of their depth tonight.
As someone else said it was the most comfortable 1-0 that you will ever see. There was clearly a massive gulf between the teams but we could have at least tried to put up some kind of fight. 

I don’t doubt, as others have said that the likes of James, King, Williams and probably Wells will not be with us next season but where will be the experienced players to lead the team ? Tonight we were like a rudderless ship without any direction on the field or off it. It was though only 1-0 so there was always the chance that we could have sneaked an undeserved leveller. Unfortunately it seems our players failed to realise that you have to get the ball in to the opposition’s box to score. Our free-kick that almost led to a Leeds goal summed up the night. Any team can turn up for a cup match but anyone that thinks a a few signings for the future will bring us a team that can be consistent and challenge for the top six next season is sadly deluded.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

You Know nothing about me at all, well let me say one thing, I am pretty sure I have seen more City games than you having been a season ticket holder since 1983, I was not at the ground tonight because my wife has had a stroke and needs me to be at her side, I rarely go out and leave her but she insisted I go out to meet some friends to watch the game, the fact some people were there (Gas) wanting us to lose is irrelevant, and two teams in the same division should have meant we should have been at least competitive, were we? I was embarrassed and I'm not afraid to say it. 

Hope your wife makes a full recovery, PR. I'm looking after my mother post-stroke. It's a long old road.

I've seen worse performances by us, lots worse. However Leeds are without doubt the best side we've hosted this year, are in a rich vein of form, and I don't think - unwarranted luck not withstanding - we would ever be able to beat such sides with the resources we have. They are second tonight in the Championship and deservedly so. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

You Know nothing about me at all, well let me say one thing, I am pretty sure I have seen more City games than you having been a season ticket holder since 1983, I was not at the ground tonight because my wife has had a stroke and needs me to be at her side, I rarely go out and leave her but she insisted I go out to meet some friends to watch the game, the fact some people were there (Gas) wanting us to lose is irrelevant, and two teams in the same division should have meant we should have been at least competitive, were we? I was embarrassed and I'm not afraid to say it. 

Sending good wishes to your wife and you mate.

As a City fan, the day you need to worry about being embarrassed by any sort of comparison from those ***** chirping on is a very distant one from here.

All the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pillred said:

Obviously I’m sorry to hear about your wife but no you can’t expect teams in the same division to be competitive,do you expect Burnley to compete with Man City,it’s pretty much the same with the parachute payments and the players they have 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

In other times a performance like that would have raised comments of the manager losing the dressing room. Manning seems to have got a team in his own image, rabbits in headlights comes to mind. He and they seemed scared and out of their depth tonight.
As someone else said it was the most comfortable 1-0 that you will ever see. There was clearly a massive gulf between the teams but we could have at least tried to put up some kind of fight. 

I don’t doubt, as others have said that the likes of James, King, Williams and probably Wells will not be with us next season but where will be the experienced players to lead the team ? Tonight we were like a rudderless ship without any direction on the field or off it. It was though only 1-0 so there was always the chance that we could have sneaked an undeserved leveller. Unfortunately it seems our players failed to realise that you have to get the ball in to the opposition’s box to score. Our free-kick that almost led to a Leeds goal summed up the night. Any team can turn up for a cup match but anyone that thinks a a few signings for the future will bring us a team that can be consistent and challenge for the top six next season is sadly deluded.

Well said I tried to say the same thing in my earlier post, but a certain poster who names himself after a Leeds player with no front teeth took it upon himself to criticise me for having the audacity to agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Sending good wishes to your wife and you mate.

As a City fan, the day you need to worry about being embarrassed by any sort of comparison from those ***** chirping on is a very distant one from here.

All the best.

Thank you for your good wishes, I'm sorry if I came on a bit strong in my post but that's just how I felt at the time, of course, I gave them back as good as I got.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

Thank you for your good wishes, I'm sorry if I came on a bit strong in my post but that's just how I felt at the time, of course, I gave them back as good as I got.

I can confirm after many years of JJT's interjections on the boxing thread that although he might be blunt, he's definitely a ****, so fair play.

Love you really @joe jordans teeth x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

What did they think of the stadium?

5 hours ago, pillred said:

It has been happening for about the last five seasons, whenever we play the best three or four teams in the division we barely wave a glove to them and just meekly surrender, particularly away from AG, be ready for the upcoming home games against Southampton and Leicester for much of the same

• Like 1

With our current squad / team like many other teams in mid - lower table the same sort of performance will be evident against saints & Leicester the gap between the top few teams and the rest this season is huge . I know there is this saying anybody can beat anyone in the championship , not really evident this year . Not surprising 3 of the top 4 are last years relegated sides , personally I see Ipswich dropping off and the top 3 being the 3 that come down and could easily be the 3 that went up coming down . Not good for football really 

• Like 1

Woke up , saw the title and was convinced this was gonna be a thread about the BRISTOL LEEDS banner.

Now THAT'S embarrassing.

P.S. and even if the people concerned are from Leeds and living here, (which I very much doubt)

you don't take the piss out of a club from your own city.

For me, these are the real scummers.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Woke up , saw the title and was convinced this was gonna be a thread about the BRISTOL LEEDS banner.

Now THAT'S embarrassing.

Who ever had that flag should be rounded up and had the shit beaten out of him, and i'm not a violent man 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another thread descends into personal abuse! 

A symptom of the current **** wittery at this club. 

For the record. We were shit with no attacking threat and an inability to pass it successfully to each other LET ALONE forward. 

This has nothing to do with who they are or payments from the premier league we were just awful

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Another thread descends into personal abuse! 

A symptom of the current **** wittery at this club. 

For the record. We were shit with no attacking threat and an inability to pass it successfully to each other LET ALONE forward. 

This has nothing to do with who they are or payments from the premier league we were just awful

I've said it in past postings there are clubs we seem to already have lost to before we have even kicked off, Wolves are another club like Leeds where we seem to run up the white flag of surrender, no matter what their form is at the time we play them you just know they will beat us, we gave Leeds way too much respect last night hence the title of my posting.

27 minutes ago, pillred said:

I've said it in past postings there are clubs we seem to already have lost to before we have even kicked off, Wolves are another club like Leeds where we seem to run up the white flag of surrender, no matter what their form is at the time we play them you just know they will beat us, we gave Leeds way too much respect last night hence the title of my posting.

As a rule you can throw Norwich in with that as well

• Like 1

I thought we'd got over the rabbits in the headlights syndrome - but maybe I was deluding myself on that. Last night though, I think we were just completely outplayed by a team that moved the ball quickly and accurately. It just wasn't a case of let's get into them more, the ball had been shifted long before Williams could attempt one of his kamikaze tackles. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pillred said:

Another coded allegation concerning the Duke of York?

Cue the Pizza Express alibi.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pillred said:

watched the game in front of about 6 Gasheads in the Duke who had come to watch us hopefully lose and well we certainly didn't disappoint them 

Bet they insisted on the TV being turned over to Babestation at half time so they could have a quick tommy tank. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bet they insisted on the TV being turned over to Babestation at half time so they could have a quick tommy tank. 

So their sister's weren't there then.  Shame for them.

• Haha 1