IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

I thought Conway was behaving quite petulantly last night, lots of arm waving and pointing.

Probably understandable when living off crumbs for service, I for one will be sorry to see him go, but like you and others I think it inevitable, he will be a success elsewhere.

I can’t bring myself to listen to listen to be honest, the hypocrisy and bull from previous interviews still rankles.

He had a right old go at TGH. Never a good sign of harmony, players arguing amongst themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I said on another thread after Scott had been sold that SL was probably keeping the funds back for the next manager. 

More fool the hierarchy then albeit the January window has been encouraging but I don't think, well he deserved better for one but not to back NP then or retain and back in January ie to the level of Mannng seems a strategic error. 

The wisdom of the current path, time will tell of course.

7 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

So we’ve scrapped the Top 6 finish now? The main reason we supposedly sacked Pearson for has been shelved?! Now they’ve realised Pearson was actually doing a decent job with the players available and Manning is struggling with an even stronger squad! 🤦🏻‍♂️😡

How is it a stronger squad? it was a stronger squad a year ago when we still had the two wonder kids before they shot off to Bournemouth and we were still crap and dismal to watch

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

So we’ve scrapped the Top 6 finish now? The main reason we supposedly sacked Pearson for has been shelved?! Now they’ve realised Pearson was actually doing a decent job with the players available and Manning is struggling with an even stronger squad! 🤦🏻‍♂️😡

And now they’ll piss money up the wall to cover for their laughable decision.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Hull and Coventry are going to do it this season

Coventry were 5th anyway. So just had to overhaul and stay as good. We have to overhaul and massively improve. Hull have done that but spent a lot more than we are.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RedReg said:

Makes me laugh how we all of a sudden have a "budget" now Nige has gone after not being able to bring anyone in when Scott was sold in the summer 

Pearson was the unfortunate patsy who was sacrificed by the angry Lansdown, after he dared to reveal that he was being hamstrung in his attempts to develop and transform the team, as per his remit.

Same will happen to Manning or anyone thereafter, if the same or similar scenario deem it necessary.

Brutal.

But, beware Messrs Lansdown, what goes around, comes around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I said on another thread after Scott had been sold that SL was probably keeping the funds back for the next manager. 

Yes it was so obvious at the time that we were lied to when we were told there was no money and we had reached the limit of our wage budget.

It's bad enough that they are liars but worse that they think we are so dumb that we will believe their lies.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So far not, the January business seems to have been sensible.

Tins was talking about summer transfer business on RB last night, when 3 months ago the squad apparently was fine. This season is already written off, I’m sure ST holders are delighted.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

So we will lose 6/7/8 players but then already have Stokes, Murphy, Palmer-Houlden, Bird and maybe Medube in. Two strikers as well. So that’s pretty much all the outgoings covered already.  Two strikers and maybe a left back if Pring goes as the only actual signings from here 

If that is the plan then we are going down next season.  We need proper experienced players to play next to the promising ones.  That's why we bought James and King and gave the likes of Weimann and Wells new contracts.  It's pretty flipping obvious

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Williams as well would be my guess, heard Preston are interested in him .

Would make sense in lots of ways.

Tinnion wouldn’t make a great poker player (wouldn’t mind negotiating with him) though & certainly praised Joe in a way he didn’t with Matty James.

11 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Haven’t listened to it, as we all know Tinnion is a bullshitter, but seems as though judging by the earlier posts that Twine isn’t likely to stay - then what the hell did we bother getting him on loan for then? What a waste of money.

He said we don't have a deal in place but they know he will be available in the summer.

Doesn't mean he will sign of course but having him on loan first might give us a better chance...might not!

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Would make sense in lots of ways.

Tinnion wouldn’t make a great poker player (wouldn’t mind negotiating with him) though & certainly praised Joe in a way he didn’t with Matty James.

James is Pearson's man so more chance of me getting a contract than him.  You can sense the pettiness already.  Totally different feel to before.  

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Thought Gary Owers was absolutely right to blow a gasket after the match, saying we’re six points off the playoffs and haven’t gone for it in the January window. Two transfer windows the fans have known exactly what’s needed up front, and now Tins says we need a big striker and we have the money ready and waiting. Jeezzzz. Would imagine Manning wants to punch his lights out, having said from about week three that we need a striker. 
Nice one Gary. Next time you interview Tins and rip him a new one. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Without getting into the politics/summer budgets stuff, if Manning is going to have a decent shot here he needs a big clear out of the squad. At least it seems like that's going to happen with the not too subtle acknowledgement a chunk of the squad will be off and there's money to spend.

Bird has some experience of the level tbh and is of a good age.

You do need a blend but as it stands..

O'Leary, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson

Pring, Roberts

Knight, TGH, Bird, Naismith

Sykes, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti

Benarous

Conway, Wells

Some due to age v experience already gained have undoubted room for growth too. I appreciate there are some caveats too, some are more towards the other end of their career ie Naismith and especially Wells.

It's not a back 3 type squad, the shape is fundamentally mismatched.

Youth who may make their mark:

Murphy, Stokes

Palmer-Houlden

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

26 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I thought Conway was behaving quite petulantly last night, lots of arm waving and pointing.

Probably understandable when living off crumbs for service, I for one will be sorry to see him go, but like you and others I think it inevitable, he will be a success elsewhere.

I can’t bring myself to listen to listen to be honest, the hypocrisy and bull from previous interviews still rankles.

I saw what you meant last night but the one time that stands out for me the most was when he’d chased the keeper down who was able to play out to a defender easily and nobody else had pressed forward with Conway so his work was pointless.

i saw that as frustration and not petulance on that occasion 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes it was so obvious at the time that we were lied to when we were told there was no money and we had reached the limit of our wage budget.

It's bad enough that they are liars but worse that they think we are so dumb that we will believe their lies.

Personally think this has been a decent window certainly compared to a year ago, who had the bright idea of brining Cornick in and wasting a million on Memheti last January?

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bird has some experience of the level tbh and is of a good age.

You do need a blend but as it stands..

O'Leary, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson

Pring, Roberts

Knight, TGH, Bird, Naismith

Sykes, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti

Benarous

Conway, Wells

Some due to age v experience already gained have undoubted room for growth too. I appreciate there are some caveats too, some are more towards the other end of their career ie Naismith and especially Wells.

As it stands one of those hasn’t played in nearly two years now (he only made 7 starts ever when he did), another in Naismith is rarely available.

I would start by seeing anything I got from Benarous now as a bonus & tell Naismith (& Mehmeti) they can leave if anyone is interested.

As previously discussed, there’s a decision to be made on Bajic too. Only those seeing him in training know the answer there though, as not his fault he’s second choice & Max is someone with a great availability record.

19 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Haven’t listened to it, as we all know Tinnion is a bullshitter, but seems as though judging by the earlier posts that Twine isn’t likely to stay - then what the hell did we bother getting him on loan for then? What a waste of money.

I’m glad I scrolled through the thread before just posting this exact point !

Don’t get me wrong in that one game his dead ball quality was better than we’ve seen all season and he looked suited to dropping into pockets to pick up the ball and try to make this system work.

But if there’s no option to buy and is unlikely to be here next season then all we’re doing is increasing his value for Burnley or keeping him sharp for them next season if they come down and choose to use him.

I get if he drove us to the play offs it may be worth it but have the club shown that desire do we think ?

We’ve supposedly built for the future this window which the nature of the deal means Twine won’t be around for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Personally think this has been a decent window certainly compared to a year ago, who had the bright idea of brining Cornick in and wasting a million on Memheti last January?

Be interested in the name of a striker that you think we could have got for £300k to replace one sold for £9m.

Wasn’t much unhappiness on here when we signed Mehmeti, he just hasn’t made the step up. Not sure anyone (Tinnion or Pearson) could have known that.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Maybe you should have listened to it.

They want Twine and will try to get him in the summer.

As for BTs interview, it was a very interview and a good insight into what they are thinking.

BT is very open and enthusiastic, maybe a bit too open as @GrahamC alluded earlier in the thread, but at least he answers the questions. He made it extremely clear that a number 9 is the primary target (could be from abroad) with a 10 as well if Twine doesn't sign - not sure how that is meant to encourage Conway to sign a contract. The money is available with percentages from the Scott and Semenyo transfers.

Maybe he should be a bit more circumspect in what he says, but its welcome info all the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If that is the plan then we are going down next season.  We need proper experienced players to play next to the promising ones.  That's why we bought James and King and gave the likes of Weimann and Wells new contracts.  It's pretty flipping obvious

I would disagree we are going down if that’s the plan. It will be mid table ish, maybe a bit lower. But if we sign a good striker and 10 then it won’t be much different to this season really. 

8 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

You're comparing apples and oranges, we still had to cut costs in January to put to bed the risk of FFP sanctions. We didn't actually spend a fee across January 2022, summer 2022 and until Semenyo went in late January 2023.

Something we avoided thanks in no small part to the excellent work by Gould and NP.

Not only was Semenyo sold but the squad thinned out beyond that, both out of necessity really.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Maybe you should have listened to it.

They want Twine and will try to get him in the summer.

As for BTs interview, it was a very interview and a good insight into what they are thinking.

BT is very open and enthusiastic, maybe a bit too open as @GrahamC alluded earlier in the thread, but at least he answers the questions. He made it extremely clear that a number 9 is the primary target (could be from abroad) with a 10 as well if Twine doesn't sign - not sure how that is meant to encourage Conway to sign a contract. The money is available with percentages from the Scott and Semenyo transfers.

Maybe he should be a bit more circumspect in what he says, but its welcome info all the same.

Conway isn’t signing.  Why would he? Can leave for more money and play for a better side and he knows we want a big strong striker in the summer 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’m glad I scrolled through the thread before just posting this exact point !

Don’t get me wrong in that one game his dead ball quality was better than we’ve seen all season and he looked suited to dropping into pockets to pick up the ball and try to make this system work.

But if there’s no option to buy and is unlikely to be here next season then all we’re doing is increasing his value for Burnley or keeping him sharp for them next season if they come down and choose to use him.

I get if he drove us to the play offs it may be worth it but have the club shown that desire do we think ?

We’ve supposedly built for the future this window which the nature of the deal means Twine won’t be around for.

If having Twine in the team can get the team used to playing with his type of player (nominally a 10), if not him, then all well and good for next season.

So we're  demolishing a top 6 ready squad and rebuilding again in the summer. Next we will have the three window scenario blah blah blah. 

Once I heard Tinnion say these are exciting times I lost  interest. Heard it so many times before. We are recruiting from lower league still and the occasional gem doesn't make this a successful policy, otherwise we wouldn't be rebuilding again!!

Manningball is not getting me off my seat,, unless it's to leave the ground!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1