IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bird has some experience of the level tbh and is of a good age.

You do need a blend but as it stands..

O'Leary, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson

Pring, Roberts

Knight, TGH, Bird, Naismith

Sykes, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti

Benarous

Conway, Wells

Some due to age v experience already gained have undoubted room for growth too. I appreciate there are some caveats too, some are more towards the other end of their career ie Naismith and especially Wells.

It's not a back 3 type squad, the shape is fundamentally mismatched.

You’ve left Stokes, Palmer-Houlden and Murphy off the list 

4 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

I would disagree we are going down if that’s the plan. It will be mid table ish, maybe a bit lower. But if we sign a good striker and 10 then it won’t be much different to this season really. 

It's the loss of nous and experience.  The championship is a hard league.  We've seen with likes of Mehmeti that players don't just step up.  They need a few heads around and we seem intent on ridding ourselves of them.  Could work but could go wrong..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Be interested in the name of a striker that you think we could have got for £300k to replace one sold for £9m.

Wasn’t much unhappiness on here when we signed Mehmeti, he just hasn’t made the step up. Not sure anyone (Tinnion or Pearson) could have known that.

Well they should of known it, that's part of their job.

• Facepalm 5

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

It's the loss of nous and experience.  The championship is a hard league.  We've seen with likes of Mehmeti that players don't just step up.  They need a few heads around and we seem intent on ridding ourselves of them.  Could work but could go wrong..

Max, McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Pring, Knight, Bird, Sykes all have good experience at this level.  We are going to make two signings a 9 and a 10 who sound like they will be more on the experienced side.  It’s not too bad on that front.  That’s 11 players and then TGH has decent experience as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Well they should of known it, that's part of their job.

Do you think they should know the lottery numbers too?

No one gets every signing right.

I notice you don’t have a name for the £300k striker, thought it was a piece of piss this recruitment lark?

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As it stands one of those hasn’t played in nearly two years now (he only made 7 starts ever when he did), another in Naismith is rarely available.

I would start by seeing anything I got from Benarous now as a bonus & tell Naismith (& Mehmeti) they can leave if anyone is interested.

As previously discussed, there’s a decision to be made on Bajic too. Only those seeing him in training know the answer there though, as not his fault he’s second choice & Max is someone with a great availability record.

There is an element of optimism bias in my post, real shame for Benarous typically he was rather promising this time 2 years ago. Not Scott levels of course.

The Naismith thing is odd, has age caught up? Seemed to have had a reasonable availability at prior clubs.

Haven't fully given up on Mehmeti albeit some of his defensive support leaves a lot to be desired but also the current set-up Idk how well him and it suit each other.

Agreed. Bajic would probably be a 3rd choice all told, beyond that only those who see him in training will know for sure..there was the Lincoln game of course, any others?

My concern is if we do lose 8 or 9 players this season. I have zero trust this board to sign players that will actually push us on.

We’ve moaned and been frustrated a lot this season. Next season has the potential for the fanbase to explode.

Concerning times.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If that is the plan then we are going down next season.  We need proper experienced players to play next to the promising ones.  That's why we bought James and King and gave the likes of Weimann and Wells new contracts.  It's pretty flipping obvious

Its also flipping obvious that most of those were short term options and they would be gone at the end of this season regardless of who is manager. Grooming King as a coach was a bit sentimental on NPs part imo.

Players can be young and have played 200+ times at a commensurate level, they are experienced players in their own right.

Quite obvious that King (moving home to Leicester according to his Mrs.), Weimann (home to Solihull), and unfortunately James, will be gone at the end of the season. Tinnion bigged up Williams so he maybe stays if the contract is right for him.

New era.

Again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do you think they should know the lottery numbers too?

No one gets every signing right.

I notice you don’t have a name for the £300k striker, thought it was a piece of piss this recruitment lark?

What a stupid comment, how do i know who was around for £300K, what i do know is that i wouldn't of given you 30 bob never mind 300K and what i do know is that 1.3 million was wasted in last year's January window by our then manager (who apparently wasn't given any money to spend)

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

18 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

I would disagree we are going down if that’s the plan. It will be mid table ish, maybe a bit lower. But if we sign a good striker and 10 then it won’t be much different to this season really. 

And that's the plan is it?

Mid table ish.

Not much different to this season.

What's the point of Manning then?

What happened to top 6?

What happened to promotion?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bird has some experience of the level tbh and is of a good age.

You do need a blend but as it stands..

O'Leary, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson

Pring, Roberts

Knight, TGH, Bird, Naismith

Sykes, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti

Benarous

Conway, Wells

Some due to age v experience already gained have undoubted room for growth too. I appreciate there are some caveats too, some are more towards the other end of their career ie Naismith and especially Wells.

It's not a back 3 type squad, the shape is fundamentally mismatched.

Youth who may make their mark:

Murphy, Stokes

Palmer-Houlden

Seriously, Naismith is a centre half. He’s played, what, 3/4 games in midfield for us? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is an element of optimism bias in my post, real shame for Benarous typically he was rather promising this time 2 years ago. Not Scott levels of course.

The Naismith thing is odd, has age caught up? Seemed to have had a reasonable availability at prior clubs.

Haven't fully given up on Mehmeti albeit some of his defensive support leaves a lot to be desired but also the current set-up Idk how well him and it suit each other.

Agreed. Bajic would probably be a 3rd choice all told, beyond that only those who see him in training will know for sure..there was the Lincoln game of course, any others?

Re Naismith I don’t know but he only had just over 50% availability in his first season, this one has been woeful & at 32 in a fortnight it won’t get better.

Benarous has had a horrible time, I just don’t think we can work on the basis he’ll be back.

Bajic has only played U21 games otherwise so however well he’s done it is difficult to tell. He’s 23 before the year is out, he can’t be seen as anything other than a no2 keeper or he needs to move on.

Disagree on Mehmeti, seen enough & would get rid.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And that's the plan is it?

Mid table ish.

Not much different to this season.

What happened to top 6?

I said where I think we will finish not what the aim will be. The plan will be play offs. 

Just now, James54De said:

Seriously, Naismith is a centre half. He’s played, what, 3/4 games in midfield for us? 

I still maintain he could be a good option in midfield. CM anyway or deepest between back 4 and the bulk of the midfield.

He played in a back 3 at Luton and indeed here giving us an extra dimension.

25 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Personally think this has been a decent window certainly compared to a year ago, who had the bright idea of brining Cornick in and wasting a million on Memheti last January?

Your reply seems to be a response to somebody else since it has no bearing on what I actually posted.

For the record I have no problem with the latest window but that is not what I wrote about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’m glad I scrolled through the thread before just posting this exact point !

Don’t get me wrong in that one game his dead ball quality was better than we’ve seen all season and he looked suited to dropping into pockets to pick up the ball and try to make this system work.

But if there’s no option to buy and is unlikely to be here next season then all we’re doing is increasing his value for Burnley or keeping him sharp for them next season if they come down and choose to use him.

I get if he drove us to the play offs it may be worth it but have the club shown that desire do we think ?

We’ve supposedly built for the future this window which the nature of the deal means Twine won’t be around for.

I reckon loans like Twine only make sense by accepting we are being set up to just maintain Championship status, no more.

I suspect the Lansdowns are more than happy at this level, as they can afford to keep bringing on young players to get some experience and exposure at a level that will attract Prem clubs to come and buy.

They probably think that they just have to chuck out the odd bs comment that we’re focused on getting to the Premier League and we’ll all swallow it hook, line and sinker.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Personally think this has been a decent window certainly compared to a year ago, who had the bright idea of brining Cornick in and wasting a million on Memheti last January?

The recruitment team including Tins I would guess.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Completely @GrahamC

"So in the summer we're looking for a big strong, quick forward to play as a number 9" ie not Tommy

"But we would still love Tommy to sign a new contract"

"We need to improve our forward options". Read everyone is going from our current forwards (Conway, Cornick and dare I say it Wells?)

"There are funds available from Alex, Antoine deals and..." BT was gagging to say the money we'll get for Conway.

Funds available from the Alex and Antoine deals! Remind me who was in charge when those players were sold and was told there was no money to spend???

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I still maintain he could be a good option in midfield. CM anyway or deepest between back 4 and the bulk of the midfield.

He played in a back 3 at Luton and indeed here giving us an extra dimension.

So because you think he could be an option in midfield, he is classed as a midfielder? In spite of the fact that he is actually a centre half? 

46 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Pearson was the unfortunate patsy who was sacrificed by the angry Lansdown, after he dared to reveal that he was being hamstrung in his attempts to develop and transform the team, as per his remit.

Same will happen to Manning or anyone thereafter, if the same or similar scenario deem it necessary.

Brutal.

But, beware Messrs Lansdown, what goes around, comes around.

I agree, but nothing will come around for the lansdowns,,, SL is a billionaire who didnt want our dirty laundry on public display by a football manager, and couldn’t be bothered to deal with someone who can be prickly,,, if i had more money than god id probably do it too!

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

I said where I think we will finish not what the aim will be. The plan will be play offs. 

Ok.

Finishing mid table ish would be acceptable?

Finishing not much different to this season would be acceptable?

What happened to top 6?

Unless Manning has us consistently top end and knocking on the door next season (no chance imo) whats the point of all this upheaval?

Petty score settling??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As it stands one of those hasn’t played in nearly two years now (he only made 7 starts ever when he did), another in Naismith is rarely available.

I would start by seeing anything I got from Benarous now as a bonus & tell Naismith (& Mehmeti) they can leave if anyone is interested.

As previously discussed, there’s a decision to be made on Bajic too. Only those seeing him in training know the answer there though, as not his fault he’s second choice & Max is someone with a great availability record.

Re Bajic - the lack of interest in signing another keeper does suggest that they're seeing enough from him to think that he can step in if anything happens to Max, for a short while at least.