IGNORED

The One-Game League Table

Davefevs

24 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Guess who Blackburn’s last win was against? 

We were so bad against Leeds though it’s actually seriously scary… If we play anywhere near like that at Forest and Elanga and Awonyi are playing we will get smashed… or Southampton, or Boro.

Dont suppose we’ll be seeing the boys for another forum at the Hen and Chicken anytime soon either..

Thank God we had Nige for the first 14 games or so, the points earned then will keep us up. Cheers again Nige 👍

It’s ok, Campbell-Slowey should come in for the dropped Dickie.  Yes, that’s what the best manager Bristol City never had, said!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Guess who Blackburn’s last win was against? 

We were so bad against Leeds though it’s actually seriously scary… If we play anywhere near like that at Forest and Elanga and Awonyi are playing we will get smashed… or Southampton, or Boro.

Dont suppose we’ll be seeing the boys for another forum at the Hen and Chicken anytime soon either..

Thank God we had Nige for the first 14 games or so, the points earned then will keep us up. Cheers again Nige 👍

Don't forget Fleming's final gift, a win that took us up to a 40% win ratio and 1.4 PPG.

That game was the final Hurrah of the NP era in a sense and lovely for Fleming that he signed off with a win.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Feels like we’ve been 14th in the Championship for about 20 years.

Short memory, we had the go for it phase of 2-3 seasons before we had to slash the costs and scramble back into FFP compliance.

Deep into LJ's first full year we had a relegation scrap ..anyway for good few years before we were 3rd tier.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just a simple look at who we can catch, who can catch us.

image.jpeg.a07a8b7418a5192b6829f7e36c7c5ee6.jpeg

Bit depressing in it?

Not really, the fact that Argyle can pass us comes as no surprise to me. This season is finished , unless some set of crazy results sees us relegated.

I like the look of all the new signings different approach. Moving up 2 or 3 places from last season and calling that progress is not for me.

We can hang around in this league for a few more years but sooner or later we will leave it in some direction.

I can't judge Manning yet and for me none of us should,

If after the summer signings and this far into the next season and were still playing shite football and  looking like pants then we all just as well give up.

And people on here thinking lansdown  is happy to hang around in this division is off the mark, i know he's ****** it up for 20 years but he;s not happy with that. he needs Promotion.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Short memory, we had the go for it phase of 2-3 seasons before we had to slash the costs and scramble back into FFP compliance.

Deep into LJ's first full year we had a relegation scrap ..anyway for good few years before we were 3rd tier.

I wasn’t being literal. I was kidding, Mr Pop.

It just feels like we’re perennially mid-table at the moment.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I wasn’t being literal. I was kidding, Mr Pop.

It just feels like we’re perennially mid-table at the moment.

Ah yes with you now.. The last 2-3 years have been a bit of a challenging period, perhaps a bit longer.

I think the NP and especially NP-Gould team was our best route upwards but now we just have to hope.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Not really, the fact that Argyle can pass us comes as no surprise to me. This season is finished , unless some set of crazy results sees us relegated.

I like the look of all the new signings different approach. Moving up 2 or 3 places from last season and calling that progress is not for me.

We can hang around in this league for a few more years but sooner or later we will leave it in some direction.

I can't judge Manning yet and for me none of us should,

If after the summer signings and this far into the next season and were still playing shite football and  looking like pants then we all just as well give up.

And people on here thinking lansdown  is happy to hang around in this division is off the mark, i know he's ****** it up for 20 years but he;s not happy with that. he needs Promotion.

I think giving Manning a free pass this season, on the basis that he came in a third of the way through the season, is far too lenient. We were told that he was brought in to improve our results this season, but so far in that regard he has clearly failed. Even worse, he’s made a limited but competitive team look like a limited and ineffective team. That is not progress. It suggests a fixed way of thinking about how to play that doesn’t suit the players he has, which is very worrying. Effective football is one that means the team scores more than it concedes rather than playing a particular way. Many fans will forego entertainment if their teams win (Arsenal have been doing that for about a century!) but the problem of late is that much of our football has been poor, boring and losing. At the rate we are going our first league win of 2024 might not appear until March. That definitely brings back memories of SO’D and that 7 month winless league run from March to October 2013, which of course also included a relegation…

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, spudski said:

What's more depressing, is only us and Blackburn haven't won a game in the last 6. We both sit bottom of the form league, and we have scored the least amount of goals in the last six. Rock bottom. 

Relegation form. 

Equally worrying is that of those last 6 league games, 3 of them we’ve had 0 or 1 shots on target!

Edited by Aipearcey
  • Like 1

The most annoying thing is that we have been in touch with the top 6 pretty much all the way through a poor period.
Birmingham away , 1 point from 6th
Before the Watford home game , 4 points off of 6th. 1-1
Coventry away , still only 7 points.
Leeds, amazingly still only 6 off 6th pre game. 

A run of 3 points and no wins , ending with a poor performance has me looking down nervously. Defensively we are still reasonable, but if we concede one it feels massive as we don't look like scoring regularly .

On the reverse side, if we could find some form we are still only 7 points from 6th. Only 7 but at the top end everyone around you are picking up points so it's harder to drag back...... but not impossible.

It feels like a very important stage in the season. The team needs tweaking to get us better further forward. 
Sykes and Twine could help that (when fit) but some change in formation feels necessary .