IGNORED

Who Gives A **** about an Oxford Comment?

Silvio Dante

(Been looking for a reason to use that title for a while).

Was looking at the Oxford forum this morning - interestingly enough they’re having the same debate as seems to be on here, but also have the added piece of a Des Buckingham stay/go poll (and he’s been in place shorter than Liam!). Mentally, he hasn’t even had an assistant to date.

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/des-buckingham.10056/page-98

Its quite interesting to read through - it wasn’t totally helpful (although was in part) not long after Liam left Oxford as it was a bit raw for them but now there are a few cooler heads on his reign and there is a lot of comparative between him and Buckingham style wise, circumstance wise. 

Just a bit to read from the angle of having lost Manning and see what you’ve lost as opposed to what you’ve gained in the appointment

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Was looking at the Oxford forum this morning - interestingly enough they’re having the same debate as seems to be on here, but also have the added piece of a Des Buckingham stay/go poll (and he’s been in place shorter than Liam!). Mentally, he hasn’t even had an assistant to date.

Its quite interesting to read through - it wasn’t totally helpful (although was in part) not long after Liam left Oxford as it was a bit raw for them but now there are a few cooler heads on his reign and there is a lot of comparative between him and Buckingham style wise, circumstance wise. 

Just a bit interesting to read from the angle of having lost Manning and see what you’ve lost as opposed to what you’ve gained in the appointment

Wonderful.

No doubt lost on many here, but very amusing nonetheless.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Poor old DES!   It's almost a mirror reflection of our own wonderful forum?   Some want Des to succeed, and others believe he is tactically inept?    It's the same old, same old, which is a mixture of intelligent insight, and knee jerk stupidity.  I would imagine Fan forums are pretty much  similar everywhere,    (apart from the club name),  where ever you choose to delve into?

Edited by maxjak

36 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Poor old DES!   It's almost a mirror reflection of our own wonderful forum?   Some want Des to succeed, and others believe he is tactically inept?    It's the same old, same old, which is a mixture of intelligent insight, and knee jerk stupidity.  I would imagine Fan forums are pretty much  similar everywhere,    (apart from the club name),  where ever you choose to delve into?

Was thinking exactly the same.  Change the individual names and the background colour to red and it could easily be here.

Interesting it was mentioned that they felt 2nd place was a falsely high position at the point when LM left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just a bit to read from the angle of having lost Manning and see what you’ve lost as opposed to what you’ve gained in the appointment

Well, you're proposing that - Little Jon always tells the truth. Not sure that everyone would agree currently.

• Like 1

Apt that you've used a Vampire Weekend song about Mannings reign. Our weekends suck too.

• Like 4

Hopefully the unbelievers will soon be convinced 😗😗😗

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wonderful.

No doubt lost on many here, but very amusing nonetheless.

I thank you for giving me at least one person that appreciated it 😂😂😂

I don't know how many Vampire Weekend fans there are in here. I would say 3, but if I am wrong I Stand Corrected. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Was thinking exactly the same.  Change the individual names and the background colour to red and it could easily be here.

Interesting it was mentioned that they felt 2nd place was a falsely high position at the point when LM left.

I think that’s true actually and representative of most football fans.

Thinking about fans of other clubs I know I think we’re relatively patient with our managers actually. 

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

Thinking about fans of other clubs I know I think we’re relatively patient with our managers actually. 

We are. No matter what the odd person on here thinks. 

So that’s a poll on Oxford forum and Sunderland twitter asking about a possible sacking. I’ve seen one comment on here calling for Manning to go. That’s it. Yes some debate whether he will succeed but more realise we need to stick with him and hope he can get something out of this team. 

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

I did pick up on that - wondering whether there was some “dumping bias” but it was made amongst what looked like reasonably considered posts.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Oh, we’re certainly patient here, but that comes after years of practice of constantly lowering our expectations.

2 hours ago, One Team said:

As a club and even fanbase sure but I do think Manning may be afforded less patience than many were, owing to the circs surrounding the change.

Which isn't fair on him really and I wish it wasn't so.

• Like 1

I'm not moaning, as like the Lansdown's I don't want to see City promoted either.

A) I'd probably be priced out of watching us

B) The Prem can stick that f@cking VAR where the sun don't shine

C) Don't want to see us getting battered every week ( though I'm kind of getting used to that one at the moment)

D) Never get to KO at 3pm on a Saturday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I did pick up on that - wondering whether there was some “dumping bias” but it was made amongst what looked like reasonably considered posts.

I agree SD and don’t think it was dump biase and they seemed to be pretty balanced to be fair.

What I find interesting is that in spite of them having their HC nicked and us doing the nicking, both sets of fans seem similarly meh about their new appointments though and pretty scathing of their club’s ownership.

Reading that made me feel like we haven’t actually come out any better than they have, as it currently stands.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yes that’s what jumped out at me 😮 and it didn’t sound like sour grapes  

As said, it’s like holding a mirror up. 

Edited by JP Hampton

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have never heard of them, so you can rule me out of your list.

You might not know them by name, but A Punk was probably the most used promo music around for ages, on TV and radio.

Very "percussive" band, I have always liked how every instrument and even the vocals at times seem to have a beat to them.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Frankie_Red said:

Need to shoehorn “Mansard Roof” in to a thread title next 😉

I see the Dolman roof through the trees.

I'll neck a can of Thatcher's, walking down West street.

The ground beneath me feet.

The hot pasties and concrete.

And now the South Stand turnstiles, I can see them too.

• Like 1