IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

Came into tonight thinking we were going to get battered 3/4-0 tbh, forest are much better at home. When they scored their first I thought that was going to happen. 

Brilliant fight back and we seemed to have edged it overall, shouldn’t complain about losing a penalty shootout. Need these performances to transfer to the league now! Hope to see us in a back 4 on the weekend.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

Give your head a wobble mate - winning a cup tie in a competition we were never going to win or staying in the Prem worth 10’s millions?

And that’s why I hate the money league, and personally have no desire to get there. All clubs like yours, and mine, would/do……care about is not getting relegated. What a miserable way to watch football. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah this - it’s kind of the worst of all worlds. 120 minutes played, a heartbreaking exit and a long away trip on Saturday. No blame to anyone involved but if you’d offered a 2-0 normal time loss to the management vs a penalty shoot out exit, they’d have no doubt taken it! Just have to hope not too drained and the at least 3 reinforcements add some legs against Boro

What I would say is there was some smart management of players time tonight.

James & Knight got an hour, Conway 75 & Wells the balance plus McCrorie 80 odd minutes, Tanner had an hour.

Pring & TGH got the night off & the new lad is available for the bench on Saturday.

I get your point but although it’s a shit way to lose it is far better than the pasting some were predicting after we named a side with Andy King in it.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wouldn’t say scapegoating Bell. Reality is he missed his pen which cost us. Not like a World Cup final though so hopefully doesn’t beat himself up over it.

More important as far as I'm concerned it's  City , and no, I'm not going to apologize, so save your breath !

With the players left on, Bell should have been 7/8 on the list.

Hindsight maybe but always felt he was likely to miss and we were chasing it from there.

Irritates me so much that the best penalty takers dont go first and some never end up taking them in shoot-outs because of that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m not being OTT in saying that Wells miss might be the worst I’ve ever seen in a city game. 

Almost a bit relieved it happened to him and not Cornick. 

It is really poor from an experienced player. How can a pro footballer miss from there!  

• Facepalm 1