IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

Mentality and leadership. Plus the fact he’s very good with the ball. 

You talk some nonsense. Without knowing any context of who practices penalties, who put themselves forward ect. You'd choose Dickie because he's good with the ball as a centre back. I'm sure he can put away a pen but that logic is brainless.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Yeah I agree. We have hardworking players, who seem to all be pulling in the same direction, but we don't have clinical players, besides Conway who isn't good enough yet to carry us.

Think TC will be gone before we’re in that position :(

4 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Better players than Sam miss penalties.. Harry Kane anyone? It happens..

But couldn’t see it obviously, but sounded so much better than Friday.. We can handle a loss against a good side if we put in a performance like that. Where were these performances against, Millwall, Blackburn, Huddersfield etc.. we’d be in the play offs..

4 games and 390 minutes of raised performance levels is not a one off crack at better opposition in the cup. The championship is relentless and doesn't often work in straight lines, I know, but it's still frustrating. Under Manning we've certainly had some games where there's been a questionable drop in levels. It makes the 'it's just where we are' argument lose a little bit of credibility when we've shown what we are truly capable of now, even with a depleted squad. I'm sure LM feels the same. Not expecting top 6, but neither am I happy to accept 14th and a dead end to the season in February either. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

From the beeb...

"Sam Bell, who missed the penalty for Bristol City, was a top performer for them throughout and he is very unfortunate to be on the losing side."

Leave him alone eh.

add to this, it was Bell made the late saving tackle when Forest broke away, without that we may not have got to penalties

Also it has been said a lot in the past that Bell is one of the best finishers at the club

• Like 1

Just now, nickolas said:

Noone has to concur with anyone. Its a forum for opinion and discussion, not agreement. 

Ok, I have the same opinion as the OP. I’m not sure the view he has needs a huge amount of discussion or even argument to align my thinking to his.

You’re free to express whatever you want, but forums are not echo chambers.

5 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Poster renamed. Nicolarse

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And also pointing out that Sam Bell:

- Set up our goal

- Set up the chance for Wells

- Made a goal saving tackle in extra-time 

"Weak mentality" tho apparently... 

One criticises the poster ❌and one the post✅

31 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m not being OTT in saying that Wells miss might be the worst I’ve ever seen in a city game. 

Almost a bit relieved it happened to him and not Cornick. 

Not wanting to kick a man whilst he's down, but surely that accolade had to go to Sam Bell for this season.

Recall Bell had a near identical miss to Wells' at QPR this season (1 min 33 secs in 1st video), as well as missing an open goal with all the time in the world (2nd video)

Edited by Supersonic Robin

1 minute ago, BUTOR said:

4 games and 390 minutes of raised performance levels is not a one off crack at better opposition in the cup. The championship is relentless and doesn't often work in straight lines, I know, but it's still frustrating. Under Manning we've certainly had some games where there's been a questionable drop in levels. It makes the 'it's just where we are' argument lose a little bit of credibility when we've shown what we are truly capable of now, even with a depleted squad. I'm sure LM feels the same. Not expecting top 6, but neither am I happy to accept 14th and a dead end to the season in February either. 

We've also had some solid league performances along the lines of tonight, such as Watford and Coventry away, but we obviously would like to see consistency. It's not bloody easy though!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I'm tired of our seasons being over 5-6 months in.

I'm aware that's dramatic, but it's how it's felt for so long. 

Well we haven’t won a league game since Boxing Day. Keep that up for another month and the season might just get interesting… in a bad way.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Maybe James was down as the 5th penalty taker. Which more often than not is the real pressure one

We had Cornick, Bell, Wells & Mehmeti take pens. 
We don’t know who the 5th was. 
But only James & Williams were likely, as I doubt Tanner, Vyner, Dickie or Lebel were up for it? 

That’s all we had. If James had taken it and missed I’d imagine you’d be saying “why didn’t Bell take one - he’s a striker” 

Would prefer to put the pressure taker at 4 usually, you don't want to gamble on 5 not taking a penalty, it happened to Salah before being stuck at 5. a 3-0 rarely happens so you don't need to worry about number 3 as much. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Not wanting to kick a man whilst he's down, but surely that accolade had to go to Sam Bell for this season.

Recall Bell had a near identical miss to Wells' at QPR this season (1 min 33 secs in 1st video), before missing an open goal with all the time in the world (2nd video)

Near identical 🤣

One a bouncing ball eight yards out with the keeper to beat

The other a smooth square ball 2 yards out, open goal

Yeah 

Edit: Sorry I'm wrong to be fair, I was watching the wrong part of the highlights

Edited by cidercity1987

9 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

I would think that most fans expectations at the start of the season would be that our season would be pretty much over by now. Not that as a player or a coach you’d see it that way. It’s all about the next game and improving performances week on week and striving for the consistency that you need to have a chance of getting out of this very tough league.

i say tough, unless you’ve just come down from the prem that is.

As fans we need to do the same. Dust ourselves down and go again for the next game.

Edited by Show Me The Money!

6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

I'm just stunned Mehmeti scored his pen tbh

But why are you stunned for, you've never seen him take a penalty in training 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is a back 4 or some variation of now the way forward?

We seem, right now anyway more comfortable and confident with it. In a word, cohesive.

We are ******* miles better with a back 4. The 3 at the back only worked vs West Ham at home.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 1

No one can argue that our FA Cup run has produced some very impressive displays.

We now need points. That's our bread and butter. The league run since Boxing Day has been very poor, if not relegation form. 

Fingers crossed...

• Like 3
  • Flames 1