IGNORED

Hornets & Black Cats

Cole Not Gas

Little between Watford's league position/form and ours. They reckon beating Rotherham put them in the perfect position to be in the mix for Top 6. Do you agree with them or think that their one win in five is such poor form they are just joking? If anyone from City's management took that positive, cheerful, optimistic view today, some other posters on here would choose to mock them forever if we dont make it; Why do people still quote opinions expressed by Tinman in 2023? 

IMO it is very unlikely this season but as we are clearly building for next season, a strong finish would do us no harm

Sunderland are a much bigger club than us and probably have higher expectations of a fan base double our size but they sack Beale today for only being on 47 points

Its a strange old league, this one but many advantages over being in the VAR-ridden Premier League

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 2

12 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Little between Watford's league position/form and ours. They reckon beating Rotherham put them in the perfect position to be in the mix for Top 6. Do you agree with them or think that their one win in five is such poor form they are just joking? If anyone from City's management took that positive, cheerful, optimistic view today, some other posters on here would choose to mock them forever if we dont make it; Why do people still quote opinions expressed by Tinman in 2023? 

IMO it is very unlikely this season but as we are clearly building for next season, a strong finish would do us no harm

Sunderland are a much bigger club than us and probably have higher expectations of a fan base double our size but they sack Beale today for only being on 47 points

Its a strange old league, this one but many advantages over being in the VAR-ridden Premier League

Why are we building for next season? What happened to this season? Why did we write this season off to build for next season? 

Yea Sunderland are a bigger club but our expectations are exactly the same. Get promoted. What's with the small club mentality? 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

30 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Hard agree. Why do people quote Brian on things he said in 2023. However that was two months ago. Two months! My God, can’t we let the man rest? It’s not like he’s bullshitted recently like lying about Medubes work permit - oh he has - sorry, scratch that. We need to give the guy a break. He kicked a ball for us once and was well paid for it so we need to not question anything he does in his current role despite not showing aptitude. For me, he can be as shit as he likes because he had a good song and I liked him as a player. Cant see why people are getting heated up.

And Sunderland - what are they like? Appointing a manager to get them to the playoffs this season then reacting quickly when it seemed he wouldnt meet the target and would need to do a rebuild despite a solid base so realising it might be better to take decisive action. Bloody idiots.

And don’t get me started on Watford. Bloody Hornets with some fans claiming they’re going to make playoffs despite indifferent form and having other teams ahead of them, needing an unlikely set of results to succeed. What are they like as well, you’d never see that here?

Top post. It’s this kind of thinking that this place has been lacking.

My meds? Over there I think.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

The decision to sack Pearson was made to give us the “best chance of being at the top end of the table THIS season”. So it is highly relevant to quote Tinnion and JL, especially after a return of 9 points in the last 9 league games. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Your obsession with clubs that our bigger than us is rather odd 

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Your obsession with clubs that our bigger than us is rather odd 

I dont believe i'm obsessed and hope you can find interest in comparison to clubs who are doing better than us? I dont dwell on lower league clubs if that is also what you mean but rather try to work out how traditionally (say last 20 years) smaller clubs than us manage to do so well. I also like to consider how clubs like Brighton, Bournemouth & Brentford turn what most of us expected to be short-lived tenures in the top flight into sustained ones. They have good owners too but seem able to recruit much better. I do not 'blame' Ashton, Alexander, Tins nor their coaches at the time but it is frustrating to witness. Many clubs do much worse & I'd rather be where we are than lots of clubs who have not been able to sustain a (relatively) comfortable place in our league

11 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I dont believe i'm obsessed and hope you can find interest in comparison to clubs who are doing better than us? I dont dwell on lower league clubs if that is also what you mean but rather try to work out how traditionally (say last 20 years) smaller clubs than us manage to do so well. I also like to consider how clubs like Brighton, Bournemouth & Brentford turn what most of us expected to be short-lived tenures in the top flight into sustained ones. They have good owners too but seem able to recruit much better. I do not 'blame' Ashton, Alexander, Tins nor their coaches at the time but it is frustrating to witness. Many clubs do much worse & I'd rather be where we are than lots of clubs who have not been able to sustain a (relatively) comfortable place in our league

Bournemouth cheated their way up for one but still had to maintain it and return albeit once up there, in recjeor of Parachure Payments and with an owner who spends to the max alllowed they had a huge advantage.

Brighton got their shit together off pitch well before us, and have been excellently run ever since they went up. Part of this was the fault of the failure of the Ashton Vale project.

Can't agree with your last point, relatively comfortable in the League is fine up to a point, but we made a change and built the infrastructure for better in a sense.

If it is relatively comfortable we are happy with, give NP a new deal and some more backing and he may just exceed expectations but he certainly wouldn't fall below.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

We know how Bournemouth done it,s hit or bust but the other 2 you are correct,you may not blame certain people but if they were in the clubs you mentioned they would not be where they are trust me,all about hiring the right people and al the clubs you mention do not have a so called club legend running things 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We know how Bournemouth done it,s hit or bust but the other 2 you are correct,you may not blame certain people but if they were in the clubs you mentioned they would not be where they are trust me,all about hiring the right people and al the clubs you mention do not have a so called club legend running things 

Brighton got their off field infrastructure in place by 2011, that helps.

Bloom and his analytics, the stadium..both attendances and turnover went up by a factor of 2.5-3 from the Withdean in League One to the Amex in the Championship. That very much helps.

I assume but I don't know for sure, that they invested heavily in the Training Ground and or Academy. Earlier than we did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brighton got their off field infrastructure in place by 2011, that helps.

Bloom and his analytics, the stadium..both attendances and turnover went up by a factor of 2.5-3 from the Withdean in League some to the Amex in the Championship.

I assume but I don't know for sure , they invested heavily in the Training Ground and or Academy.

Exactly my point,you have Tony Bloom and his team working hard non stop and getting the right people in,we have the Lansdowns feeding their ego with Bristol sport and getting Brian tinnion to oversee the football side 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly my point,you have Tony Bloom and his team working hard non stop and getting the right people in,we have the Lansdowns feeding their ego with Bristol sport and getting Brian tinnion to oversee the football side 

A timing thing too, this predated Bristol Sport by some way.

Bloom and his team pushed them on incredibly. The Ashton Vale debacle did perhaps stall our development.

23 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hard agree. Why do people quote Brian on things he said in 2023. However that was two months ago. Two months! My God, can’t we let the man rest? It’s not like he’s bullshitted recently like lying about Medubes work permit - oh he has - sorry, scratch that. We need to give the guy a break. He kicked a ball for us once and was well paid for it so we need to not question anything he does in his current role despite not showing aptitude. For me, he can be as shit as he likes because he had a good song and I liked him as a player. Cant see why people are getting heated up.

And Sunderland - what are they like? Appointing a manager to get them to the playoffs this season then reacting quickly when it seemed he wouldnt meet the target and would need to do a rebuild despite a solid base so realising it might be better to take decisive action. Bloody idiots.

And don’t get me started on Watford. Bloody Hornets with some fans claiming they’re going to make playoffs despite indifferent form and having other teams ahead of them, needing an unlikely set of results to succeed. What are they like as well, you’d never see that here?

Top post. It’s this kind of thinking that this place has been lacking.

My meds? Over there I think.

I don’t think many of our fans  think we will reach the play offs at all.

Most are expecting not much more than a mid table finish at best .

2 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

I don’t think many of our fans  think we will reach the play offs at all.

Most are expecting not much more than a mid table finish at best .

My good man,

As a fan of another club you understandably missed the sarcasm in my post, directed at the frankly ridiculous original posting.

👍

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1