IGNORED

So, Where are we with Liam

Silvio Dante

Where Do You Stand With Liam?  

381 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would give him a call today and tell him that he should clear his desk !

I would give Andy King temporary control of first team affairs until the end of the season tasked with keeping us up. 

However what will happen is we will keep showing up to watch this shite and be as compliant as we always are, while junior sits on his hands. 

This thread is bonkers as are football supporters. Remember words of Mick McCarthy who said ‘As a manager you are either a champ or a chump, and it fluctuates between the two’ 

It was only a month or so ago he was the best thing since hovis sliced bread, now LM is the son of satan. This after two abject crap performances,  that followed some cracking good performances. I have seen it all before, as most of us here have.  
it is a fact things are in place for next season with  new signings  and more planned so accept it for what is it. We are not going up, not going down. Support him to get it right and build for next season. Certain players will move on and cycle regeneration continues.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As said earlier, probably fair. Although I say end of season as the break point we will know before then if it’s likely to work and should then act earlier.

I in no way want it to happen but in a lot of ways losing the next 5/6/7 games playing badly may be the best thing long term if it forces the issue to a quicker head. Equally I’d be delighted if we won the next 5/6/7 while playing well as that should settle the issue in a positive way.

I guess ultimately the question should be - do you think we will get promoted with Manning? Is he the best manager we could realistically have right now to do that in the next year or two?

We've somehow got ourselves into a pretty damn good position here - significant FFP headroom and a small squad ready to be added to. We've got a bit of a chance here.

When will we next be in a position like that? I can't see many more Semenyo's and Scott's in the next year or two. Then we're back to operating in a tighter budget.

This should be a chance to go for it a bit, which is a big part of why I want us to be ruthless.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Except they won't, and I think you know that really. People used to say it about LJ, it was wrong then as well.

People like Steve Lansdown used to say it about LJ.

He went on 20mans show - possibly on a Friday night - and during a long interview confirmed LJs job was safe if we got relegated. That was during the season that relegation was a distinct posibility.

I stood in Costco dumbfounded while my mate was picking up his Yorkshire tea.