IGNORED

The Championship

Bs4Red

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

image.thumb.png.fea0033cf3bdaea59d32ceb9082d543d.pngZero energy to debate LM v NP

Thought this was very interesting from today though. 

Interesting in the sense that Stoke look like joining Rotherham in League 1 or that 7 of the teams in the lower half of the division won today?

This is the one that ought to worry everyone. Only 3 teams worse than us in the last 10 games and 2 of those are Stoke and Rotherham. 

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2&tab=tab-last10

Makes for very grim reading!

24 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Interesting in the sense that Stoke look like joining Rotherham in League 1 or that 7 of the teams in the lower half of the division won today?

This is the one that ought to worry everyone. Only 3 teams worse than us in the last 10 games and 2 of those are Stoke and Rotherham. 

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2&tab=tab-last10

Makes for very grim reading!

I genuinely wouldn't worry too much about the drop (IMO).

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh sorry yes I meant this season.

Nest season who knows? In theory and on paper no, but a badly run club can go South sharply.

Define “badly run club”. If by that you mean amateurish and poor decision-making then there’s certainly an argument you could make for City under the Lansdowns being a “badly run club”.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Define “badly run club”. If by that you mean amateurish and poor decision-making then there’s certainly an argument you could make for City under the Lansdowns being a “badly run club”.

Oh I agree, especially with Tinnion and Jon Lansdown stepping up.

Rawcliffe and Marshall maybe maybe not then a relatively untried and untested manager and coaching team, isn't a route to prosperity.

I feel disillusioned atm, sure I'm far from the only one.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh I agree, espcislly with Tinnion and Jon Lansdown stepping up.

Rawcliffe and Marshall maybe maybe not then a relatively untried and untested manager and coaching team, isn't a route to prosperity.

I would also give as evidence the way the women’s team has been set up to fail this season as another really poor decision, both on a sporting level and commercially. Finally make it back to the WSL, bring in the 4th biggest crowds in the league, but waste it all by not investing more heavily and getting immediately relegated. No wonder no one wants to pay the asking price for Bristol Sport - it’s a depreciating asset!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I would also give as evidence the way the women’s team has been set up to fail this season as another really poor decision, both on a sporting level and commercially. Finally make it back to the WSL, bring in the 4th biggest crowds in the league, but waste it all by not investing more heavily and getting immediately relegated. No wonder no one wants to pay the asking price for Bristol Sport - it’s a depreciating asset!

On the other hand it's a great achievement for a club outside the Prem to even be in the WSL.