IGNORED

worth watching Bournemouth v Leicester? former City players

5 minutes ago, mason said:

Lets add to these 2 with the divs top scorer banging them in at Blackburn, some guy at Coventry now who is running the show, prem goalie at Wolves, other ex players at prem Fulham/Brighton and promo chasing pompey did us some real good selling them otherwise we wouldnt have got to where we are today......no-where

We also seem to bung millions at fav managers and then employ cash starved exp managers to get us out of the sh1te; NP, SC would have the backing of many fans but cash starved and would face an impossible task.

So we have a ex player who has failed as a manager,  and a inexp manager chosen by someone who would rather be anywhere but here....future looks bright SHITE

If we hadn’t sold Scott and Semenyo there is a good chance we’d be in serious financial trouble right now.

Szmodics was a serious mistake from Ashton, especially in the same summer as Palmer.

Palmer is ‘running the show’ with 1 goal and 2 assists in just over 1000 minutes of championship football.

The ‘prem goalie’ at wolves who people were very nonplussed about seeing leave and has played 4 games in 2 seasons there. 

The likes of Reid and Webster were sold for huge figures and have helped the club stay financially viable, we can’t keep everyone.

Marlon Pack’s legs had gone at this level, whatever he’s doing at league one is irrelevant.

It’s easy to bash the club for player sales, when in reality only one of the 8 you mention was a poor sale. The others either weren’t good enough, we’re OOC or we made huge profits off of

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, mason said:

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE IS DOWN TO ONE MANS MISTAKES, the trouble and financial pain is also down to him and where is he exactly......empire building from afar.

This is not our clubs problem we didnt employ shite managers and co...his club,his debt, his fault....zero progress

Don’t disagree.

However claiming that having Marlon Pack in our midfield would see us in a better place than we are today is just not true

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don’t disagree.

However claiming that having Marlon Pack in our midfield would see us in a better place than we are today is just not true

Keeping him for at least 6 months longer (maybe the season) to allow a smoother transition of Nagy and Massengo might’ve?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Keeping him for at least 6 months longer (maybe the season) to allow a smoother transition of Nagy and Massengo might’ve?

Perhaps, but then it’s all one big ‘if’.

Main point is, the likes of Pack and Palmer wouldn’t improve us right now imo

35 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If we hadn’t sold Scott and Semenyo there is a good chance we’d be in serious financial trouble right now.

Szmodics was a serious mistake from Ashton, especially in the same summer as Palmer.

Palmer is ‘running the show’ with 1 goal and 2 assists in just over 1000 minutes of championship football.

The ‘prem goalie’ at wolves who people were very nonplussed about seeing leave and has played 4 games in 2 seasons there. 

The likes of Reid and Webster were sold for huge figures and have helped the club stay financially viable, we can’t keep everyone.

Marlon Pack’s legs had gone at this level, whatever he’s doing at league one is irrelevant.

It’s easy to bash the club for player sales, when in reality only one of the 8 you mention was a poor sale. The others either weren’t good enough, we’re OOC or we made huge profits off of

Don’t agree one bit about Pack - his legs hadn’t gone, he was fine. It was a weird decision to sell him when we did and was a mistake 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Don’t agree one bit about Pack - his legs hadn’t gone, he was fine. It was a weird decision to sell him when we did and was a mistake 

Fair enough, would disagree.

Didn't feel at the time that he was good enough to be a regular at this level anymore, never mind now, and I think his time at Cardiff highlighted that. But very good servant for us and superb player at his peak. The price tag was disappointing at the time but losing him wasn't a huge loss for me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Didn't feel at the time that he was good enough to be a regular at this level anymore, never mind now, and I think his time at Cardiff highlighted that. But very good servant for us and superb player at his peak. The price tag was disappointing at the time but losing him wasn't a huge loss for me

To my mind, the major problem was the fact we spent an entire preseason setting up a particular way and then - having lost Webster, missed out on Nketiah and performed badly in our first game against Leeds - abandoned the formation, sold Pack, signed two new and quite different midfielders, flailed around for a striker and never found a consistent way of playing.

I don’t necessarily think losing Pack was the wrong decision but felt like one of several rushed decisions that didn’t reflect a consistent strategy. And I don’t think there was a clear understanding of what Pack offered the team so we didn’t effectively replace his role.

I think that, with more of a plan, we could have moved Pack on and developed a stronger team but instead we had an unbalanced midfield which didn’t complement each other and missed Pack’s contribution as nobody else was doing what he had been.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Wasn’t there talk of 4 million quid for Pack? 
Most people thought it was an unbelievable offer that was much too good to turn down added to the diminishing returns on the player’s effectiveness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Most people thought it was an unbelievable offer that was much too good to turn down added to the diminishing returns on the player’s effectiveness. 

And more money for the pot, to buy more players, that we wouldn't play , then sell on, and hope to make back the money we wasted on them in the first place. aaannndd repeat.

At least , that seemed to be the plan.

Lying Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Edited by 1960maaan

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There was indeed, but it wasn’t, it was circa £800k, of which Cheltenham got a cut.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I seem to remember 750k being quoted at the time on here, not sure where either fee came from

(Looks like I'm 2 hours behind the @Davefevsfont of knowledge!)

Edited by JBFC II
Missed above post

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I seem to remember 750k being quoted at the time on here, not sure where either fee came from

(Looks like I'm 2 hours behind the @Davefevsfont of knowledge!)

John Palmer probably.  £750k is what I have in my spreadsheets with John’s name against it.

At the time I think some people saw the fee above (or £800k), and that John has written that Cheltenham were due 20% of £800k, but had read it (myself included) that Cheltenham were getting £800k, there if that’s 20%, then the fee must be £4m.

• Like 1