IGNORED

Cornick I do not get it

Redminer

58 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Swansea quite enjoyed playing against him yesterday - particularly as he gave them the ball so frequently. 

Yesterday was HC at his very worst. But of course playing wide and behind a front two is not his strength.

I can’t really comment on yesterday. Despite it being a relatively early kick-off over here, I fell asleep about 15 minutes into the first half.

Does anyone know how much we spent on those two signings? I dont, but heard it was just £300k for Cornick and £1.5m for Mehmeti. Obviously wages are a key element but i doubt either are as high as James, Williams, Dickie

Would be good to know but whatever it was, they didnt really improve much on what Pearson already had in Bell, TC, Sykes and Wells. We know forwards tend to cost a disproportionate amount so it will be interesting to see what Stokes turns out to be like

1 minute ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Does anyone know how much we spent on those two signings? I dont, but heard it was just £300k for Cornick and £1.5m for Mehmeti. Obviously wages are a key element but i doubt either are as high as James, Williams, Dickie

Would be good to know but whatever it was, they didnt really improve much on what Pearson already had in Bell, TC, Sykes and Wells. We know forwards tend to cost a disproportionate amount so it will be interesting to see what Stokes turns out to be like

You’ve sort of answered your own question.

It was £300k for Cornick & £1m for Mehmeti.

For what it is worth, Pearson saw Cornick as playing centrally, something he's hardly ever done previously nor here. His most effective role is left of a front three. Either way, we have MUCH, MUCH bigger problems than Cornick, who I do not see as a problem. For the money spent (buttons today), a valuable squad player for me. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

For what it is worth, Pearson saw Cornick as playing centrally, something he's hardly ever done previously nor here. His most effective role is left of a front three. Either way, we have MUCH, MUCH bigger problems than Cornick, who I do not see as a problem. For the money spent (buttons today), a valuable squad player for me. 

Why didn’t Pearson play Cornick centrally then?  He appeared to also have had little use for Mehmeti once he signed him.

18 hours ago, Redminer said:

I cannot see how he plays for BCFC. Unless I'm missing something he offers nothing. If he has time to think he never delivers, cannot head, cannot win a ball and passing in general is woeful. Today I watch in disbelief and the guys on the bench must think what have I done wrong to be behind him. I never like to single people out but I'm sorry I cannot see how he's stealing a living from us.......

I'm feeling a name change to "Harry's Scorned Girlfriend".  That being said he's been very hit and miss, no pun intended.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why didn’t Pearson play Cornick centrally then?  He appeared to also have had little use for Mehmeti once he signed him.

In fairness NP and DR worked hard with Anis over the summer, to try to improve a specific element of his game, but sometimes it takes time.  I’m not making excuses, but a golfer doesn’t sort his swing issues out on the courses they do it on the range.

He’s had some decent performances under LM though.  Of course he can be a bit frustrating, sometimes non-existent, but at 23 I still think he can come good.  I don’t have the despair of others when his name is on the teamsheet.

Re Cornick, I dunno.  One of my criticisms of Nige was how he used the front-three.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

You're possibly ignoring context.

With a thin squad, not a million miles from albeit improving in respect of our chances of escaping the relegation picture we needed one or two in up against the clock.

Imagine a Janaury window in whixh we can finally breathe a but easier with FFP..but wait.

Out:

Bentley

Klose

Martin, Semenyo

Bajic and Massengo (Loan)

Haikin on a free in and that's your lot.

If not Cornick and Mehemti then who..

That stage in the window, those financial issues.

O'Leary, Haikin

Tanner, Wilson

Vyner, Atkinson, Kalas

Pring, DaSilva

Scott, James, Williams, Naismith, King, Taylor-Clarke

Benarous

Sykes, Bell

Weimann, Wells, Conway

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

From laat season to this and maybe before, he squad has thinned out, perhaps badly but certainly to the end of NP's days...

IN:

Thomas (GK)

McCrorie (RB)

Dickie (CB)

Roberts (LB)

Knight, TGH (Midfield)

Cornick, Mehmeti (Forward types)

OUT:

Bentley (GK)

Wilson (RB)

Kalas, Klose (CB)

DaSilva (LB)

Scott, Massengo (Midfield)

Martin, Semenyo (Forward types).

Haikin was In then Out.

Am I missing any?

Having read many of the posts that pick individual players out for comment, there seems to be a common thread running through all of them. ie. People suggesting that many are not being played in their favoured positions.  

I think pretty much every player particularly the midfield and wings are not necessarily being played to their strengths. I doubt that will change unless the system changes. 

• Like 1