IGNORED

Red Card…?

Never seen this before. Post match of 1985 FA Cup Final, Man Utd manager Ron Atkinson and Everton player (who was fouled) Peter Reid discussing a Kevin Morans red card - the first in an FA cup final at that point.

Imagine anyone in todays game making those statements after that tackle!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Be about 3 red cards for that now !

Mind you the VAR would probably take 5 minutes to check it .

Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't *that* bad ?

Just seems mistimed to me (forceful but not particularly malicious?), it's not high or two footed and point of contact is foot on foot from the second angle.

It's no Roy Keane, or even say Mason Holgate's this season and that was a yellow if VAR didn't intervene.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

I did prefer how the game was played in the past. Is so bloody soft nowadays.

Rarely see a proper tackle now.

There were four in quick succession by us on Saturday.

I don't really want to go back where reckless challenges seemed to be the norm. It would be interesting to see how career ending injuries have been impacted over the decades by the perceived changes in attitude/application of the laws of the game. My perception is that far more pros make it through their natural career now. There's also the hidden post career physical trauma to consider.

17 hours ago, Mendip City said:

How did we get from that to measuring offsides by millimetres and the endless bleating about it? 

There’s too much money in it for starters. Too much at stake financially. 

hence you get clubs ‘considering their options ‘ when they feel they cop a bad decision. Threatening legal recourse basically. It will get worse as time goes on.

Football in 10 years time will be more about sports lawyers than players IMO.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

There’s too much money in it for starters. Too much at stake financially. 

hence you get clubs ‘considering their options ‘ when they feel they cop a bad decision. Threatening legal recourse basically. It will get worse as time goes on.

Football in 10 years time will be more about sports lawyers than players IMO.

Agree…..

you never know though, in ten years time it might not exist in any way similar to today. Maybe all the celebrity teams will be playing in a global super league and we’ll have something resembling “our” game back. 

5 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Agree…..

you never know though, in ten years time it might not exist in any way similar to today. Maybe all the celebrity teams will be playing in a global super league and we’ll have something resembling “our” game back. 

I’d love it if it happened. I actually wanted the European super league for that reason. So sick of the way things are at present with the illusion of sporting integrity. 

and apparently now the prem clubs are trying to rewrite the ffp rules so anyone can now spend £500m a season on wages and fees. What the actual ****

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I’d love it if it happened. I actually wanted the European super league for that reason. So sick of the way things are at present with the illusion of sporting integrity. 

and apparently now the prem clubs are trying to rewrite the ffp rules so anyone can now spend £500m a season on wages and fees. What the actual ****

Think that cap is in addition to the other stuff.

22 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Seems like clubs will have a certain percentage of their revenue?

13 hours ago, milo1111 said:

It’s all designed to ensure everyone is stuck in their place… as you say the concept of sporting integrity has disappeared over the horizon. Welcome to mid-table championship…. forever! 

• Like 1