IGNORED

Boxpark Bristol

• Admin

Having been at Boxpark at Wembley recently it got me thinking about what happened with the plans to open one in Bristol

I am sure if was going in the empty building on Welsh Back (waters edge towards the Hole in the Wall end), does anyone know what happened with it?

Just found this story from 2022 saying it would open in 2023, and another saying 2024

Boxpark To Launch Debut BoxHall Concept In Bristol - BOXPARK

BOXHALL BRISTOL: THE SEARCH FOR INDEPENDENT FOOD TRADERS BEGINS - BOXPARK

Boxhall 'disappointed' after Bristol development hits further delays - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

BoxHall: A Huge Food Hall Is Coming To Bristol Harbour - Secret Bristol

Update on Bristol's BoxHall development as site pictured following delays - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

I had an email from the company this morning about Euro fixtures and Bristol isn't listed so assume this summer could be too soon?

• Admin
42 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I've wondered that as well, no idea what it is

Essentially a large bar / venue that shows sport on giant screens 

They normally have multiple bars and food outlets selling different products 

Other venues also have other live events too 

If you ever go to Wembley for sport it's a great place to visit 

• Like 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I've wondered that as well, no idea what it is

This photo doesn't do the place justice, but I took this before the England vs Brazil game. 

At this point a band were playing on the stage in the distance 

The external walls on both levels are the bars and food outlets, with seating in the main area and balcony standing upstairs 

The nearest thing I can compare it to is the old sports bar (I forgot the name) that used to be in Baldwin Street 

FB_IMG_1714891703050.jpg

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

This photo doesn't do the place justice, but I took this before the England vs Brazil game. 

The external walls on both levels are the bars and food outlets, with seating in the main area and balcony standing upstairs 

The nearest thing I can compare it to is the old sports bar (I forgot the name) that used to be in Baldwin Street 

FB_IMG_1714891703050.jpg

A bit like St Nicks market but with just food and drink😄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, redkev said:

Bristol city council said the Bristol box park is due to open the same day as Bristols new tram system and the opening of the Portishead to Bristol rail line . 👀

Ah. So the day we get promoted to the Premier League then.

I`ll put it in my diary now.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, phantom said:

FB_IMG_1714891703050.jpg

So they're not actually made out of shipping containers like the old original one in Shoreditch?

Are there still shops or us it just for boozing and watching sport?

• Admin
12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

So they're not actually made out of shipping containers like the old original one in Shoreditch?

Are there still shops or us it just for boozing and watching sport?

No, moved on since those days 

I didn’t notice any shops but to be honest I was only looking for the bar 

Would say its a bit incorrect to suggest boxpark at Wembley is a sports bar. Of course it does act as a fanpark for the events at Wembley but there is far more to it than that.

There are only 46 events a year allowed at Wembley so it obviously needs to sustain itself the other 300 days a year.

It hosts a whole variety of things such as live music, quizes, comedy. It's probably used more for these other events than it is for sporting events. 

It also has an impressive line up of street food traders which you can have delivered to your table. Outside of events you can pop in there for lunch etc. If you live in the local area you can order food to be delivered or you can collect it yourself. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull