IGNORED

Beware...Completesave

I notice i had £15 come out of my account yesterday for an organisation called completesave which i know absolutely nothing about, when i rang them this morning it appears that i "joined up" when i purchased my season ticket !!!!  Has anyone else had this ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I notice i had £15 come out of my account yesterday for an organisation called completesave which i know absolutely nothing about, when i rang them this morning it appears that i "joined up" when i purchased my season ticket !!!!  Has anyone else had this ?

Here some more detail about them. I think it mentions the £15 fee after the free trial period ends.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/bristol-sport-partner-with-shopping-cashback-programme/

Did you sign up to this at some point?

Edited by Loco Rojo

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Here some more detail about them. I think it mentions the £15 fee after the free trial period ends.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/bristol-sport-partner-with-shopping-cashback-programme/

Did you sign up to this at some point?

I certainly didn't sign up nor did i get any "introductory email" i just bought my season ticket in the same way as i purchased all my away tickets this season, it's a good job i keep an eye on my bank account !!!

I think whenever you buy tickets on the website then a pop up appears asking if you’d like to save x amount. I’d guess you’ve clicked that by mistake and the club autofill your details? I’d say the popup itself doesn’t give sufficient details to allow a commitment to be made so if that’s all you have clicked then setting up a DD and subscription doesn’t seem in line with standard practice….

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think whenever you buy tickets on the website then a pop up appears asking if you’d like to save x amount. I’d guess you’ve clicked that by mistake and the club autofill your details? I’d say the popup itself doesn’t give sufficient details to allow a commitment to be made so if that’s all you have clicked then setting up a DD and subscription doesn’t seem in line with standard practice….

It wasn't a DD payment it came off the card i used for the season ticket, anyway apparently they will put it back within 3-5 days, still a bit concerning though because i'm normally quite careful with this sort of thing which is how i noted the payment as soon as it came out yesterday also i've never received any sort of email from them about the set-up, 30 day cooling or the cancellation i made this morning ! 

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I thought that as well as that's the only related prompt i can remember seeing when i renewed mine (i didn't click it as there's always a hidden catch).

Interesting though given the site suggests its free for a trial period and then charges are applied.  I wonder how long it was between Tom renewing and then seeing it appear as a debit on his account.

I wonder if as you say, that's what catches people out.  Certainly not clear in the pop up message as you say.

Hopefully he can get it refunded.

Edited by Loco Rojo

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

I certainly didn't sign up nor did i get any "introductory email" i just bought my season ticket in the same way as i purchased all my away tickets this season, it's a good job i keep an eye on my bank account !!!

Out of interest what was the length of time between renewing/paying for your ST and seeing this charge on your card? (Just interested to see if that would align to their 'free trial period before being charged' claim). 

Looking on the link to the article i shared above, the FAQ link doesn't work either so isn't very helpful.

Edited by Loco Rojo

14 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It wasn't a DD payment it came off the card i used for the season ticket, anyway apparently they will put it back within 3-5 days, still a bit concerning though because i'm normally quite careful with this sort of thing which is how i noted the payment as soon as it came out yesterday also i've never received any sort of email from them about the set-up, 30 day cooling or the cancellation i made this morning ! 

Even worse then if it’s not a DD - it’s an EPA (Enduring Payment Authority). At least with a DD people could see it being set up but on an EPA you don’t know it’s there until it’s taken so fair play for checking the account.

28 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Out of interest what was the length of time between renewing/paying for your ST and seeing this charge on your card? (Just interested to see if that would align to their 'free trial period before being charged' claim). 

Looking on the link to the article i shared above, the FAQ link doesn't work either so isn't very helpful.

I bought the Season ticket on the very last day possible, other than that it it could of been when i purchased a ticket for Plymouth away which was early March

35 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Payment came off my card yesterday

They wouldn’t have just signed you up, it’s against the law, nobody else has it. You accidentally signed up yourself when receiving the call to action post Season Ticket purchase, it’s the only logical answer.

19 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I bought the Season ticket on the very last day possible, other than that it it could of been when i purchased a ticket for Plymouth away which was early March

I wonder if something happened to trigger 'signing up' when buying the ticket in March?  I only say that becuase if you bought the ST on the last day possible (near end of April?) and that's when it triggered the sign up, then that doesn't feel like a lot of time for their advertised 'free trial' period before the fee appeared on your card.

Regardless though, you'd think it would have been really obvious to you when you were buying either ticket so you could stop it.  Good news you're getting the refund.

That whole scheme feels like bit poor value for money though doesn't it.

Edited by Loco Rojo

25 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Those little pops-ups appear after purchasing tickets on Bristol sport, a pretty shady practice really. This isn’t  the first thread on here regarding this.

Really is isn't it. Any scheme that prints the fees in small print or hidden away at the bottom, is only designed to try to hide it from people in the hope they don't see it and pay.  

Edited by Loco Rojo

53 minutes ago, Nomad said:

IIRC the pop up was a 'cash back' offer with the subscription details in small writing. That's what I saw.

Very poor that BCFC allow this.

Yep! Money at costs (commission for the club)  - at the expense of the fan base (or those unfortunate enough to be duped). Great PR.

1 hour ago, luke_bristol said:

Those little pops-ups appear after purchasing tickets on Bristol sport, a pretty shady practice really. This isn’t  the first thread on here regarding this.

It's set up to catch you out - a horrible practice and not one a 'customer focused' organisation would employ. I've mentioned my dislike for this practice several times already & I'm sure I usually put it on my SC&T annual survey.

I tried to set up ublockOrigin on my browser to stop the pop up, but have only been partially successful.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

IIRC the pop up was a 'cash back' offer with the subscription details in small writing. That's what I saw.

Very poor that BCFC allow this.

I think uncle Steve earns a tenner referral fee for every sign up. He needs 1.5 million City fans to sign up annually to cover our annual shortfall. #DoItForSteve

Edited by Sleepy1968

Is it an oxymoron that completesave costs you money that you wouldn't have spent if you didn't have completesave?

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It says you receive 5 emails within the 30 day trial period, that's rubbish, i didn't receive one and i certainly didn't fill out an application form, something fishy here 🤨

Yep, otherwise it wouldn't have been featured by Which! It's an onerous process just to get your cashback as well.

In the last few minutes I've earned £2.58 from a free cashback site on a £10 spend, and I can withdraw the money now if I want.

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep, otherwise it wouldn't have been featured by Which! It's an onerous process just to get your cashback as well.

In the last few minutes I've earned £2.58 from a free cashback site on a £10 spend, and I can withdraw the money now if I want.

Seems strange that i purchased tickets eight times for away games and renewed a season ticket and this "problem" only cropped up the once, oh how i wish i could just go down to AG and purchase what i want with good old cash. 

It comes up every time I purchase from BCFC.

The first time I saw it I thought it was part of the club’s rewards scheme, but realised it wasn’t.  I think it’s 💩 that it comes up.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Seems strange that i purchased tickets eight times for away games and renewed a season ticket and this "problem" only cropped up the once, oh how i wish i could just go down to AG and purchase what i want with good old cash. 

Sign of things to come I fear.

I imagine when we’re eventually forced to go completely cashless, the internet con merchants will have a field day and we’ll be like sitting ducks.