IGNORED

Worse loan signing???

I mean hes not sh1te, but i’d be very disappointed if we spent north of £3m on Twine. 
Lightweight at its finest. 
Yes he crosses a nice ball and weve seen a nice free kick but not for me at that price thank you. 

• Like 8

Simple answer for me is none of them.

Loans are always a gamble and there is always a risk they won’t work. I think the logic behind Diony and Kent was sound, although they did not work out and I doubt we spent a fortune finding out that Mebude wasn’t the player we hoped. I have no issue with the club taking a punt on a former Man City youth player at a low cost on a short term basis.

For me, the “worst” is someone like Geifer or Marinovic where even the logic doesn’t feel too sound. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Tried tried to do this as a poll but wouldn’t let me.

Three obvious ones for me are Ryan Kent, Louis Diony and Mebude.

Strangest sign has given circumstances, pedigree etc has to be Mebude. At least with Kent and Diony they can with a bit of a reputation.

I’d say harsh as he had very few minutes, thought he did ok against Cardiff. Kent and Diony came with a reputation and were given plenty of chances, but were a complete waste of space 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t regard Mebude as being a footballer. He’s in the same class as Ali Dia 

yep. beyond shite. dire indeed. at least Kent has gone on to do something (albeit in a **** league), would eat my own dick if this one goes on to have half the career Kent has. on the tills in Tesco by 25/26 season. Garbage. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Jason Cundy was pretty s*ite but Medube makes him look world class.

To be fair to him, he got 1 more goal for us than Mebude, Diony and Kent combined…

But what does it tell us about our recruitment team? We have wasted money on someone who very rarely played. It doesn’t fill me with optimism for the upcoming window. If we are to get an upgrade in the form of a striker the continent is where the best value will be found, but do we have any scouting there at all?

I be happy to be proved wrong, but they need to do better than Medube. With the football season over bring on the rumours of silly season.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Marinovic

He played one game, we didn’t lose & he wasn’t at fault for the goal.

It’s such a myth that he was that bad.

Mebude on loan was as baffling as signing Haikin, who arrived, was on the bench for a couple of months & left without ever getting on the pitch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Rodri?  No, not that one, the one we had in 2019-20.

Nice bit of hold up play before that Kasey Palmer pass for Brownhills goal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, numbeast said:

But what does it tell us about our recruitment team? We have wasted money on someone who very rarely played. It doesn’t fill me with optimism for the upcoming window. If we are to get an upgrade in the form of a striker the continent is where the best value will be found, but do we have any scouting there at all?

I be happy to be proved wrong, but they need to do better than Medube. With the football season over bring on the rumours of silly season.

It shows our recruitment team took a gamble on a loan signing, which would have been very cheap, on a Scottish under 21 International that came through the Man City ranks. "skilful forward with blistering pace", Mebude is renowned for his goalscoring ability, and was named (Man City) academy player's player of the year for the 2021–22 season".

I think that would be enough to be interested to see if he's any good. He's obviously not showed enough in training to warranty many/any appearances so we'll send him back to Belgium now.

They are doing better than Medube - Knight & Dickie for starters, probably our 2 best/most consistent player this year.

If you expect every signing to be perfect, you are going to be very disappointed.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, grifty said:

It shows our recruitment team took a gamble on a loan signing, which would have been very cheap, on a Scottish under 21 International that came through the Man City ranks. "skilful forward with blistering pace", Mebude is renowned for his goalscoring ability, and was named (Man City) academy player's player of the year for the 2021–22 season".

I think that would be enough to be interested to see if he's any good. He's obviously not showed enough in training to warranty many/any appearances so we'll send him back to Belgium now.

They are doing better than Medube - Knight & Dickie for starters, probably our 2 best/most consistent player this year.

If you expect every signing to be perfect, you are going to be very disappointed.

How do you know he was very cheap.

I doubt the loan of a £1.5 million recruit was VERY cheap.

17 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

How do you know he was very cheap.

I doubt the loan of a £1.5 million recruit was VERY cheap.

We don’t, but he’s ended up at a Belgian side none of us had heard of when he joined.

They probably pay League One wages & at least we can send him back next week rather than having committed to signing him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Mate, after 50 years of going down the gate I've seen my fair share of turkeys. Did we really need a wide player? I get the cheap option worth looking at, so why not give him decent minutes in a match environment so he could show his traits against Championship quality players? We've been safe for a few weeks the ideal time to assess him. I know hindsight has 20/20 vision but he hasn't achieved anything other than cost us money. I would like to know whether it was a Manning decision or a club management choice.

I don’t suppose it make a difference now the season is history, time to look forward.

Edited by numbeast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nickolas said:

I mean hes not sh1te, but i’d be very disappointed if we spent north of £3m on Twine. 
Lightweight at its finest. 
Yes he crosses a nice ball and weve seen a nice free kick but not for me at that price thank you. 

Bang on the money mate,shows glimpses but it’s a no 

• Like 1