IGNORED

Glad to see the back of that season.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The bonkers thing is that the people inside the club thought differently!  Maybe it’s not the fans playing Football Manager. 😉

They do rather tie themselves in knots. 11th under Nigel would be under achieving and a sackable offence. The same under Manning is only just below expectations.

They are so inept they can't even lie consistently.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They do rather tie themselves in knots. 11th under Nigel would be under achieving and a sackable offence. The same under Manning is only just below expectations.

They are so inept they can't even lie consistently.

Had Nigel stayed and achieved his 64 points...we'd be 10th (I don't think +1 points reels in Cov's +11 GD).

Then he could have left gracefully at the end of his contract, with everyone hugging and happy, and a managed handover to someone new (possibly Manning, possibly someone else). Fanbase kept onside, players part of the process, smooth, planned, efficient. Maybe that's a naïve utopian idea of mine, but it's what I hoped would happen when I looked forward to 23/24 this time last year.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

14 hours ago, Kingston_Red said:

Wow so miserable, it must be hard when you are so negative to the club you “support”. Thankfully I’m a glass half full, try it sometime, you will be happier for it.

You seem very full of yourself, seeing as you’ve only been on here 5 mins.  

Been on here before under another name by any chance???

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Had Nigel stayed and achieved his 64 points...we'd be 10th (I don't think +1 points reels in Cov's +11 GD).

Then he could have left gracefully at the end of his contract, with everyone hugging and happy, and a managed handover to someone new (possibly Manning, possibly someone else). Fanbase kept onside, players part of the process, smooth, planned, efficient. Maybe that's a naïve utopian idea of mine, but it's what I hoped would happen when I looked forward to 23/24 this time last year.

You say utopian, I say it's how a well run club would be managed.

Smooth, planned, efficient doesn't immediately bring Bristol City to mind does it?😉

• Like 2

On 04/05/2024 at 16:28, Mr Popodopolous said:

I had some cautious optimism had certain provisos been met. I would perhaps have been alright with 11th although was hoping for a top 10 finish/push.

*A happy NP.

*Scott retained, with a better squad and better structured squad around him or..

*..A reasonable chunk of Scott money reinvested.

*A tactical framework, we had settled on 4-3-3 or some variation of and were steadily building on the counter attacking base in the  last chunk of 2022-23.

Yes

On 04/05/2024 at 17:23, ENOUGH said:

Dont worry there will be another one just like it, starting in a few months. Full of words of hope and little else, we need the engine driver to drive us on and not be content to sit in a layby with the engine just ticking over. Others pass us by on the road some going up and yes some going down, here we sit its what The Driver wants.

so which track are we on?

20 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

city wont do things like that, they dont like the 'right' way

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

city wont do things like that, they dont like the 'right' way

And yet ironically Lansdown quotes Brentford and Brighton as clubs to copy. But he doesn't copy the systems they put in place to manage shifts like Potter -> De Zerbi, or Smith -> Frank. 

Wants to copy the results with copying the work.

• Like 4
  • Flames 5

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

And yet ironically Lansdown quotes Brentford and Brighton as clubs to copy. But he doesn't copy the systems they put in place to manage shifts like Potter -> De Zerbi, or Smith -> Frank. 

Wants to copy the results with copying the work.

It shows you how important the structure and decision making ABOVE the 1st Team Manager is, something many on here seem unable to grasp when telling us to be careful what we wish for. The clubs who continually pass us get that bit right in the same way that those with absolute basket case decision makers go to League 1 (Rotherham excepted).

• Like 2

Funny old season with a big loss last game against Stoke to put a dampener on what was a strong finish to our championship campaign, with again nothing to play for promotion/relegation wise.

Ended up this season goals wise with +53 scored and -51 conceded in the championship 

Our campaign in championship play off final loss against Hull in 07/08 season was +54 scored and -53 conceded. Worse

Tight Margins in a very tough league