IGNORED

Crawley vs MK Dons Postponed

As per the title, today's play off first leg has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I've never known a play off game been postponed before, what happens next? The second leg is due to be played on Thursday, so I'm guessing they'll rearrange it for early next week. With the final on 19th May that doesn't give the winning team much time to prepare for it.

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that they’ll move the Crawley home game to this Thursday when MK Dons home game is due to be, then move the MK Dons home game to next week. That way MK Dons retain home advantage in the second leg.

Fair point. But what if the pitch is still waterlogged on Thursday?

1 minute ago, Pearcy said:

Fair point. But what if the pitch is still waterlogged on Thursday?

To be fair, it’s waterlogged on Monday. It could be draining well on Tuesday. Heavily forked on Wednesday then on Thursday, Friday, Saturday they can chill on Sunday.

(I’d imagine neutral venue. May even shift it to the Amex)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, it’s waterlogged on Monday. It could be draining well on Tuesday. Heavily forked on Wednesday then on Thursday, Friday, Saturday 

If it's still waterlogged after all that then they'll be completely forked!

31 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, was it due to rain over a long period or a massive thunderstorm or something? They have been forecasting them for Hampshire/Sussex.

Has been torrential rain throughout the south east this morning so can’t say I’m surprised 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, was it due to rain over a long period or a massive thunderstorm or something? They have been forecasting them for Hampshire/Sussex.

Here in Hampshire is rank right now

• Thanks 1

It's still chucking it down in South London, hopefully the ground is okay to be played tomorrow evening. A massive pain for both sets of fans - especially with the train strikes tomorrow. Then the reverse fixture has been moved to Saturday evening