IGNORED

BBC SPORT (football)

Is anyone as fed up as me about the new format of the BBC on line footy thingy ? It's all changed and not for the better. In the results section , there is now no way to find crowd figures, also there is no comments section, which was my favourite bit, taking the piss out of the gash !

Also, it used to be easy to click on the transfer page and see who's gone where ( and sometimes for how much) all done by date order. Now, it's just pictures of the transferees, you've got to click on the individual thumbnails to find out who they are ! There was nothing wrong with the old systems, easy to read etc. It's almost like Crayon Boy's been hired by them !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Is anyone as fed up as me about the new format of the BBC on line footy thingy ? It's all changed and not for the better. In the results section , there is now no way to find crowd figures, also there is no comments section, which was my favourite bit, taking the piss out of the gash !

Also, it used to be easy to click on the transfer page and see who's gone where ( and sometimes for how much) all done by date order. Now, it's just pictures of the transferees, you've got to click on the individual thumbnails to find out who they are ! There was nothing wrong with the old systems, easy to read etc. It's almost like Crayon Boy's been hired by them !

Yes it’s very odd and a backward step. I’m using the app. For example, on the league table you used to be able to click on a club and go to their page - now not possible. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Stopped using it a while ago. Looks and feels quite childish with pictures and club badges everywhere.

The only bonus is the page doesn't suddenly move making you click on a women's football report by mistake, just after you load it.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

To check attendances I use ESPN

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Stopped using it a while ago. Looks and feels quite childish with pictures and club badges everywhere.

The only bonus is the page doesn't suddenly move making you click on a women's football report by mistake, just after you load it.

Likewise, the only thing I use it for these days is the football Gossip page.  Still one of the first things I check every morning since the days of Ceefax and page 338!

Previously it was easy one click for scorers, you could find a team directly from the table and the layout was clear, clear and easy to read.

Now it is clunky and rubbish to navigate. 

Would be one thing if it looked good, but it looks worse and it's shit to navigate. Whoever signed off on this is an idiot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Previously it was easy one click for scorers, you could find a team directly from the table and the layout was clear, clear and easy to read.

Now it is clunky and rubbish to navigate. 

Would be one thing if it looked good, but it looks worse and it's shit to navigate. Whoever signed off on this is an idiot. 

Horizon ?

Also I liked previously how when a goal was scored in the live reporting it flashed up in a bright yellow block on screen which created excitement. They seem to have got rid of/in the process of getting rid of that too.

• Like 1

They have responded to the complaints:

Changes to BBC Sport website/app, April 2024

01 May 2024

Summary of complaint

We’ve received complaints from users of the BBC Sport website/app, regarding some of the recent changes to the design of the site.

Our response

Overall, we feel the new design of the tables, scores and fixtures, and live pages, is much improved for audiences, including allowing us to publish more quickly – which is a big boost for users.

However, we’re continually listening to our audience and take the feedback on board. We’ll keep reviewing and building on the new pages and we’d like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Some particular features which audiences have brought to our attention, like the ‘Show Scorers’ button in the Scores & Fixtures page, and the links from league tables taking users to team pages, will be restored in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1