IGNORED

SL in the Times-made I laugh

On 11/05/2024 at 20:46, Harry said:

Why interfere. 
He just doesn’t learn does he. 
“I pay your wages and you are boring me. You need to play the way I tell you to and give me some excitement”. 

You can imagine him as one of those Roman emperors, Stevus Lansdownius at the coliseum giving the thumbs up or down. 
“are you not entertained” 

*edit. Not the one on Redcliffe Hill 🍺 

Caligula made his horse a senator, whilst SL made a horses arse a chairman !

• Haha 10
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Are you working in high finance Seagull? 

Absolutely not 🤣

Hence why I forgot to mention that also includes the training ground cost. 

Ashton Gate owes Mr Lansdown 70 odd million which is more than what it is worth. We're just paying the interest and not paying back the loan which has an indefinite loan period. 

If you were looking to buy a buisness, would you buy one that has debt that is more than its assets? And then add a loss making football team on top of that?

If only the podcasts that recently had interviews with the club would have asked these questions 🙄 

@Mr Popodopolous should have been invited on as a guest for those! 

So yea it's nice that Mr L provided the finance for the redevelopment, but he's not done it out of goodwill or kindness etc. 

First thing to do when he eventually leaves is to remove his name from the West Stand!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would point out and your post I mostly agree on, that the Championship is a bit of a money pit too but his decisions did extend the amount we needed to shell out- IMO.

Had we backed Cotts moreso or met him halfway in summer 2015 perhaps we save more in the long run.

Element of penny wise pound foolish under the Lansdowns tbh.

Oh 100% re money pit - moreover whereby we started losing circa £30m per annum instead of just £10-15m.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

Still amazes me that there’s people out there, who really still think SL is ploughing money into us out of goodwill and charity or something. 

The facepalms have disappeared for some reason…….

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Steve has invested in the club and underwrites our losses, some caused by the cost of owning and running the club, some caused by mismanagement of the club (imo of course) and some by improving the club (Stadium and Training Ground, it’s real name). Clearly that doesn’t come for free, nobody could reasonably expect that.

However, those who think one of the best investors in the country is planning for his family to be significantly down on the deal overall, cos he’s such a great bloke and doesn’t care about £250m, ought to go in a quiet room and contemplate the logic of that………..

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

I'm working in the Channel Islands atm and spent yesterday on Guernsey. I visited a potential customer, who when I told him I was a Bristol Rovers fan, excitedly told me that Alex Scott, formerly of your parish, was from the island. I let that slide but he went full flow into telling me how much he loved golf and that Steve Lansdown is ploughing £50,000,000 into a luxury hotel and golf course here. I hope it's true and it comes out of your playing budget :)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm working in the Channel Islands atm and spent yesterday on Guernsey. I visited a potential customer, who when I told him I was a Bristol Rovers fan, excitedly told me that Alex Scott, formerly of your parish, was from the island. I let that slide but he went full flow into telling me how much he loved golf and that Steve Lansdown is ploughing £50,000,000 into a luxury hotel and golf course here. I hope it's true and it comes out of your playing budget :)

Small change for 'ee!

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

So you were both enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Guernsey, and you go and bring that up !

1 hour ago, Kingswood Robin said:

So you were both enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Guernsey, and you go and bring that up !

It wasn't very beautiful yesterday, pissing down all day and flight delays in an airport where you cant charge your phone!

And driving there is weird!

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2024 at 16:34, glynriley said:

Don’t chat shit pal, nobody on here knows who is out there with the wherewithal to buy the Lansdown empire, so how could anyone come up with a list? Put your brain in gear. 

Matters not anyway, I’m resigned to the fact we’re stuck with them. If anyone was coming in, they’d be here by now. 

Of course they *ffing can't. Do you seriously think I thought they could? It's called sarcasm - aimed at those who rage and make fatuous comments like 'get out/do one Lansdown'. Obviously have to have a serious buyer to make that viable. And they look pretty thin on the ground. 

Edited by firstdivision

On 14/05/2024 at 15:11, Miah Dennehy said:

A Rovers fan working? Going door to door, selling lucky heather or tarmacking driveways?

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2024 at 15:11, Miah Dennehy said:

It's called "Le Grand Mare". It's not his first . . . 

La Grande Mare Hotel Guernsey - La Grande Mare Hotel Guernsey