IGNORED

Spurs v Man City

Super

Pretty much a title decider tonight. Spurs fans seem to be happy to lose tonight and not hand the title to Arsenal. Sure we would be the same wouldn't we if it was our main rivals?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Pretty much a title decider tonight. Spurs fans seem to be happy to lose tonight and not hand the title to Arsenal. Sure we would be the same wouldn't we if it was our main rivals?

1000% 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Super said:

If it was binary, then I kind of get that. However, if Spurs win tonight then a Champions League place is still possible - they’re away at Sheffield United last day and Villa are at the last place you’d want to go currently in Palace. Two wins for Spurs and a Villa loss sees them 4th.

I know you don’t win trophies for being in the CL but it would attract bigger players and more money and allow them to make more of a challenge for the top spot.

So, your question isn’t really “Would you take a loss to stop your rivals winning the title”, it’s “Would you sacrifice your own ambitions to stop your rivals winning the title”

Very different questions - and for me, if I was a Spurs fan, I’d want to win 

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Isn’t it like 5 years since Man City even scored at spurs?

You might be right in the league but they did win earlier this season in the Fa Cup

8 minutes ago, Super said:

You might be right in the league but they did win earlier this season in the Fa Cup

Yeah was meaning league, remember a pep interview jokingly just praying for a goal at spurs 

Spurs fans were coping a month or so ago that they were relevant by saying they were the real title deciders, because they had all the top teams to play. They couldb decide who wins... They then went ahead and lost to them all, hahaha. Classic.

• Admin

As a complete neutral it would be better for Spurs to get a miracle and get a win, so that the top two goes down to the last day, and also 4th place could go down to the last day too

Otherwise all pretty dull final day ahead

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Super said:

Not if we had a sniff of Champion's League football no.

Such a defeatist attitude. I wouldn't give a shit what it does for our rivals if it's the best outcome for our club.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

As a complete neutral it would be better for Spurs to get a miracle and get a win, so that the top two goes down to the last day, and also 4th place could go down to the last day too

Otherwise all pretty dull final day ahead

Top 2 is going down to the last day regardless

• Like 2

• Admin
15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Top 2 is going down to the last day regardless

I don't know why, but I thought they were the other way around at the top of the table

Man City Vs West Ham and Arsenal Vs Everton on Sunday

Both could away sides could pull something out of the bag, but have a feeling both will win

Just now, phantom said:

I don't know why, but I thought they were the other way around at the top of the table

Man City Vs West Ham and Arsenal Vs Everton on Sunday

Both could away sides could pull something out of the bag, but have a feeling both will win

Yea it's currently Arsenal top. A draw tonight would make it very interesting Sunday as Arsenal then have the advantage on GD.

Personally I'd find it quite amusing in that scenario if Arsenal then lost out on GD in the end, simply because I think their gameplan on Sunday against United was boring, "safe" and a waste of a great opportunity to really hammer them.

Just now, Super said:

+3

Which City are more than capable of turning around - So are Arsenal tbf, but Everton are one of the best defences in the league, West Ham certainly not

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Fascinating game tonight.

Very, very Spurs if they get something tonight, helping Arsenal win the title, then lose on Sunday handing Villa 4th...

It’s in Villa’s hands whatever the score tonight, even if Spurs beat Man City Villa will only need a draw on Sunday

54 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Ideal result tonight is a draw, not a Spurs win.

The final day then becomes a shootout for who can score more in their respective fixtures.

Weirdly Everton (15th who Arsenal play) have conceded the least goals outside of the top 3, while West Ham (9th who Man C play) have conceded the most outside of the bottom 3.

31 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It’s in Villa’s hands whatever the score tonight, even if Spurs beat Man City Villa will only need a draw on Sunday

I can't see them getting anything at Palace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super said:

I can't see them getting anything at Palace.

It is a tough game the way Palace have been playing recently but I’d still back them to pick up at least a draw if necessary, will be irrelevant after tonight anyway  !!!

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Thought arsenals gd was alot better.. 

Only three better. It would be quite fun to see City go out and actually try to smash a team - they usually play with such control it always feels like they’ve got gears to spare, let’s see them go for it!

Spurs are such an odd club. Massive fan base, massive revenues, great stadium. Yet they settle for always being second best. Their current squad is a great example of that. On their day sure they can beat anyone. But they aren't ever challenging for silverware. Can't help but feel like the Potch years and the Leicester season in particular was a missed opportunity. I really think that if they play their cards right they could be title contenders medium term but they always full short. 

Edited by Chairman Mao
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Spurs are such an odd club. Massive fan base, massive revenues, great stadium. Yet they settle for always being second best. Their current squad is a great example of that. On their day sure they can beat anyone. But they aren't ever challenging for silverware. Can't help but feel like the Potch years and the Leicester season in particular was a missed opportunity. I really think that if they play their cards right they could be title contenders medium term but they always full short. 

It feels to me that they are happy to win nothing as long as they get entertaining football.