IGNORED

Bajic

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Are we going to give this kid a chance, or what? Loan him out? Play him? Lad's learning nothing getting splinters dans le cul

Life of a second choice keeper innit? It’s the one position you can’t really sub on with ten to go for experience but you need someone you feel is competent there (so you don’t loan them out). Some keepers go their whole career as number 2 and play less than 100 games. It’s the nature of it. 

I expect him to return to France in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Are we going to give this kid a chance, or what? Loan him out? Play him? Lad's learning nothing getting splinters dans le cul

I’m sure he will leave this summer. Why would we play a clearly inferior keeper?  Why would we loan him out and then need to replace him?   He was signed to challenge Max and failed to do so. 

• Confused 1

It depends on if they see he has the potential to be number 1 one day, max hardy had a sniff at bajics age did he? They might be prepared to load him out to get a full season under his belt at league 2, and replace his place in the squad with a more experienced keeper for the short term. Max had to bide his time!

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m sure he will leave this summer. Why would we play a clearly inferior keeper?  Why would we loan him out and then need to replace him?   He was signed to challenge Max and failed to do so. 

Not sure he's failed? Max has been good so maybe Bajic is keeping the pressure on with training displays & thus effective. Though at his age doubt he will want to play 2nd fiddle for much longer and surprised he wasn't given more cup games 

• Like 3

If we go for a loan on Bajic, it has to be in this country,preferably at League 1 level (or a fellow Championship side with a recall clause), as another foreign loan isn't going to help anyone I don't think.

Max has proved he is competent at this level, however if we had the chance to significantly improve on him, then we should. It's not a position you should just "settle" on. Let's be honest many thought that Bentley was a superior keeper, but Pearson gave Max an extended run and let Bentley leave.

Unless Bajic is likely to push on, it's a strong possibility that he moves on this summer. 

If we were in a better financial position, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a number 1 from League 1 to challenge Max. We do need to strengthen elsewhere first though, so if Bajic does leave, then we'll probably sign a free agent (or cheap) replacement as backup.

If we start the season with Max and Bajic though, I doubt that many will be too disappointed.

• Hmmm 2

32 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

I still think we need more cover there, I really like Toby Savin who is OOC at Accrington, they have offered him a new deal. he is only 22, loan Bajic and then we have Thomas as well who can come in if needs be. 

I say this every time it comes up, but that is the best name for a goalkeeper ever. It’s on a par with the old Dutch player Mark De Mann who played in defence. 

Worth signing for that alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I say this every time it comes up, but that is the best name for a goalkeeper ever. It’s on a par with the old Dutch player Mark De Mann who played in defence. 

Yea it's like he was meant to be a goalkeeper with a name like that. Mark De Mann is brilliant too 

Smart move on our part would be to bring Ruddy in on a free, 1-2 year deal and loan Bajic out, that’s assuming we see him as a future number 1 here. That way we’ve genuinely brought someone in that can compete with max for number one and not just be emergency back up, bajic gets game time and we can learn what he’s like in English football. Worst case scenario is he isn’t cut out for it, we have ruddy for a couple of years then look for the next number 2 after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good job his first name isn't "Les".

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

There have been some great goalkeeper names over the years - Perry Digweed and Les Fridge spring to mind 

32 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

We need to avoid another Steve Phillips debacle where he had no challenger of note to his place, which leads to complacency and loss of standards in the long run.

And then assumedly Max gets a really wanky number plate on his car, moves to the gas and huffs around for years, then starts engaging on OTIB on the Dustbin thread where he comes across like a prize bellend?

Agree. None of us want that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

I still think we need more cover there, I really like Toby Savin who is OOC at Accrington, they have offered him a new deal. he is only 22, loan Bajic and then we have Thomas as well who can come in if needs be. 

Was on our list once upon a time.

For a big’un, I always thought he was dodgy aerially.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What about Walton from Ipswich he’s always looked the part, granted he’s been injured but he’s fit now

Decent shout that- he is out of contract and hasn't played much this season yet is of a good age with good experience for the level.

1 hour ago, glastored said:

My guess is that Lewis Thomas was loaned to Bromley so that he could get some experience before becoming the new number two. 
Just a guess though!

Crikey, according to Wikipedia he's 26, and has a total of one first team appearance (and that was for Bromley).

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Crikey, according to Wikipedia he's 26, and has a total of one first team appearance (and that was for Bromley).

That’s inaccurate.

Not extensive experience, not what you’d expect for a champ no2 (no3 this season), but more than Bajic.

image.thumb.png.ee237a99b0bf835c6b3ad2c5bbdc8ce6.png

• Thanks 1