IGNORED

FIFA

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Infantino is worse than Sepp in some ways. He was quite belligerent about things like breakaway Leagues, overseas League games, even excessive tech in football.

It seems that Blatter was more straight up corrupt taking brown envelopes where as Infantino is relentlessly expanding competitions to enrich himself. Not great either way and I expect this proposal to be green lighted unfortunately.

Have never been to an NFL game but I was in London at the same time as one once and it looked like many of the fans were kitted out in their favourite teams colours most of which weren't even playing, could imagine a similar vibe if the premier league ever went to the US or wherever, no doubt make a shed load of money but make people like myself less interested in the top end of the game.

• Like 3

'Care about the fans inability to watch their teams 'home games?'

I call bull5hit, they don't give a rat's arse about supporters, just money. 🤬

Domestic football, not just ours, is slowly dying due to FIFA.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Write to your MP, tell them to support the Football Governance Bill. The regulator should have the power to stop this happening in the English leagues.

When do they vote on it? The reason I ask is my constituency changes at the next election, due to boundary changes, and our, soon to be, incumbent MP will be Jacob-Rhys Mogg, the self titled 'man of the people'! 🤣🤣

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

When do they vote on it? The reason I ask is my constituency changes at the next election, due to boundary changes, and our, soon to be, incumbent MP will be Jacob-Rhys Mogg, the self titled 'man of the people'! 🤣🤣

It's going through the process at the moment. 

The government want it done before the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm beginning to think let the megarich clubs have their superleague and they can **** off around the world playing where they want. We can then have a restructured football league in England that removes most of the plastics from our game. UEFA won't care as despite protestations to the contrary they support these clubs by their corrupt easy passage to the lucrative end of the so-called Champions League. They didn't oppose the new league because of supporter backlash but because they wouldn't control the TV rights and the financial benefits accruing including the likely supply of brown envelopes to its board members. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reworking an old idiom,

'I wouldn't let him p1ss on me if I was on fire.'

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don’t think he’s ever *seriously* dubbed himself a man of the people, it’s a laughable claim, though he did once claim “vox populi vox dei”, voice of the people is the voice of god. Strange man 😄

• Like 1