IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Yes please! It could make the summer more entertaining.

Let’s play with this for a bit. 

Manning to Norwich. 
Who comes to City? 
Wagner in a straight swap? 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Let’s play with this for a bit. 

Manning to Norwich. 
Who comes to City? 
Wagner in a straight swap? 

There’s a young guy at Oxford who’s doing well.

• Haha 14

You can see this one for quite a few reasons.

- As @Olé says we outplayed them at Carrow Road 

- There are local links

- Liams already shown he won’t blink twice at the chance of what he considers a better opportunity

- He’s of the mould they’re looking for in a young (cough) “on the grass” coach

- More money to spend

- If he’s got half a brain, he’ll have realised what a shitshow the management is here. And also know that he’s not fully out of the woods.

Any approach he’s off. It’s just a case of is the approach comes.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

Yes please! It could make the summer more entertaining.

I was thinking earlier this morning how the transfer season and endless speculation about stuff is far more entertaining than the football itself :city:

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m fully expecting a tweet from Tinnion sometime soon saying something like “have a clause in his contract which means he can’t leave for another championship team 👍🏻👍🏻🔴⚪️” or anything else suitably confidential 

I’m expecting tinnion to tweet we’ve just given Liam a new 39 year contract to ward Norwich off 

• Haha 3

Thread on the Naaaaarwich forum. Not sure what they’ve been drinking mind.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/156749-why-it-must-be-cuesta/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-3055673

Interestingly Manning wasn’t in the original betting. One of their posters said they specifically requested SkyBet add him so I think it’s just “market” stuff as opposed to a genuine link at this stage 

IMG_3059.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Olé said:

We totally outplayed them at Carrow Road a month ago (even by our low standards) so somebody there will have made a note.

Manager Recruitment Models:

Bristol City - we go after managers we trounced in a league cup or preseason game

Norwich City - we go after managers…

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Couple of observations:

- It’s notable that there is nobody on this thread thinking it would be a disaster if he went. Granted, a lot of that is because of the comedy value but it does still play to the fact that the end of the season brought a stay of execution as opposed to sealing the deal

- However, I do think it’s very unlikely. But that in itself isn’t a bad thing. Liam has made progressively more punchy noises about the backing he needs in the summer. Johnny Boys comments yesterday were foolish in that if his manager walks he looks even more of an idiot. Add into the mix Liam being spoken about for other jobs and the need for Jon to finance things properly this summer comes ever more into focus. He’s snookered himself, and this only helps Liams case for funding.

Win:Win in my book. We either lose a manager with big question marks over or force a marked release of purse strings.

And if he does go, the chuckle brothers aren’t going to find getting a malleable candidate that easy!

• Like 6

Think the Arsenal coach will get it.

By the way it’s Rosenior, both he & his Dad played for us, so you’d think you could spell his surname correctly.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think the Arsenal coach will get it.

By the way it’s Rosenior, both he & his Dad played for us, so you’d think you could spell his surname correctly.

One story I read was Wagner was going - win or lose, and they were just waiting for their man to become available.

Would imagine Manning’s name being so high is the combo of someone putting a bet on, and he’s from Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, Herta said:

As much as I am neutral on Manning I really don’t want the summer being disrupted with a change of manager. 

Then we, quite literally, stand in his way. People are forever saying: "you can't stand in his way," but what if Jon and Brian mob up in the corridor, and stand in his way - what's he gonna do? Punch their lights out?

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Weird mindset where people actively want the summer disrupted just to make the board look silly.

Devils advocate - how much does it disrupt the summer? We’re told we play the same way through the club and assumedly that won’t change if we change head coach. Bird was on radar pre Manning arriving as was Murphy so 2/3 of our effective summer arrivals are coach agnostic. If it’s done this week then it shouldn’t disrupt much at all if what we are told how the club works is accurate….

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

Strangely i'm not that bothered if he did go to Norwich.  The club has turned in to Crustys Clown Camp anyway so it'll just make the summer a bit more entertaining to watch the senior leadership get out of this next mess 🍿

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Devils advocate - how much does it disrupt the summer? We’re told we play the same way through the club and assumedly that won’t change if we change head coach. Bird was on radar pre Manning arriving as was Murphy so 2/3 of our effective summer arrivals are coach agnostic. If it’s done this week then it shouldn’t disrupt much at all if what we are told how the club works is accurate….

I'm sure the club have a robust and cogent plan in place.......

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Couple of observations:

- It’s notable that there is nobody on this thread thinking it would be a disaster if he went. Granted, a lot of that is because of the comedy value but it does still play to the fact that the end of the season brought a stay of execution as opposed to sealing the deal

- However, I do think it’s very unlikely. But that in itself isn’t a bad thing. Liam has made progressively more punchy noises about the backing he needs in the summer. Johnny Boys comments yesterday were foolish in that if his manager walks he looks even more of an idiot. Add into the mix Liam being spoken about for other jobs and the need for Jon to finance things properly this summer comes ever more into focus. He’s snookered himself, and this only helps Liams case for funding.

Win:Win in my book. We either lose a manager with big question marks over or force a marked release of purse strings.

And if he does go, the chuckle brothers aren’t going to find getting a malleable candidate that easy!

Brian…? Do you fancy a go?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1