IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't disagree. However my comments were about Manning. I did explain why I had those thoughts. 

Yes there is little loyalty in football and everyone is essentially just passing through. However in my opinion it's likely Manning will pass through quicker than others and that's why I've not warmed to him. 

Not many managers have their career saved and then get given significant funds to spend and then bugger off months later. 

I guarantee 95% minimum would do exactly what Manning did. 
You saying that not many managers have moved on that quickly doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. It just means not many managers have had the offer. 
Any manager who gets the offer to move up a division and increase their bank balance significantly will always jump at the chance. 
It’s not something to single out Manning with. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I guarantee 95% minimum would do exactly what Manning did. 

You saying that not many managers have moved on that quickly doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. It just means not many managers have had the offer. 

Any manager who gets the offer to move up a division and increase their bank balance significantly will always jump at the chance. 

It’s not something to single out Manning with. 

In your opinion. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

If he takes Cornick with him then I will attend church every day till I die

All together now ....

I've found a new job for LIam
I've a new life divine
I've got the fruit of the Spirit
I'm abiding, abiding in the vine

Abiding in the vine
Abiding in the vine
Love joy health peace
He has made them mine
I've got prosperity, power and victory
Abiding, abiding in the vine.

Rejoice with me in the Rapture, Rupture, Armygeton etc etc.  Hallejalluliah Brothers & Sisters.

Now just reward us with Warnock and the promised land will be ours !!!

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

In your opinion. 

Everything I write on here is “in my opinion”. It’s not something I need to quantify on every post 😜

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whoever the next Brighton manager is, it is most probably already in place. That is the Brighton model, succession planning.

If it was a year down the line I would have said McKenna but they will have a plan and would have known this, I'm not a big De Zerbi fan myself..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Could be an interesting summer manager wise. Kompany early favourite for Brighton job. 

Just how? Average for the club at Anderlecht, tore this division apart with great finance and then failed at the top level after a ridiculous and unnecessary rebuild. I’m yet to be convinced he’s anything like top level coaching material, particularly with a Brighton who won’t have the finance to allow him to do what he did to this division with Burnley.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just how? Average for the club at Anderlecht, tore this division apart with great finance and then failed at the top level after a ridiculous and unnecessary rebuild. I’m yet to be convinced he’s anything like top level coaching material, particularly with a Brighton who won’t have the finance to allow him to do what he did to this division with Burnley.

Agreed. My friend who’s a Burnley season ticket holder has said he wouldn’t be missed if he did leave.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They might manage Downsey letting off a few party poppers!

Could Manning take Downsy with him as well? He would be perfect for their ridiculously loud PA system. You could still probably hear him better in the Dolman from there than you can currently!

Although what Downsy is saying isn’t usually worth hearing anyway…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Could Manning take Downsy with him as well? He would be perfect for their ridiculously loud PA system. You could still probably hear him better in the Dolman from there than you can currently!

Although what Downsy is saying isn’t usually worth hearing anyway…

that would be the icing! 

7 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Blimey Manning could be at either Norwich or Ipswich this summer!

No way Ashton is going to let McKenna leave this summer without an enormous pay out. I just can’t see Brighton being that attractive an option for him anyway compared to Ipswich. Now if Ten Hag got the boot and Man United came calling, I think McKenna might jump ship.

As for Manning, lots of family and personal reasons for him to move back to East Anglia. And then there is the potential at Norwich compared to here. Crayon Boy isn’t in Delia’s league!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

What’s the saying… if you want to know the future look at the past?

Nothing we’ve done in either our long-term history or recent history suggests we’re a better club to be at than Norwich.

Spot on but cant see them interested.

After the capitulation against Leeds, the Norwich board will be under pressure to make the right appointment.  With their bloated squad they’re also going to be rubbing up against FFP problems.  Would expect them to go for someone with experience, rather than taking a risk on a relative novice like Manning.  
Actually, Nige would be a much better fit for them.

• Like 3

What you have to remember is that they won't have any outstanding  parachute money so will be looking to offload players. So not necessarily an attractive proposition.

. . . . He's off then.

Now, who do we know who knows the area, can come in at short notice & do a really good job???

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

What you have to remember is that they won't have any outstanding  parachute money so will be looking to offload players. So not necessarily an attractive proposition.

. . . . He's off then.

Now, who do we know who knows the area, can come in at short notice & do a really good job???

I was going to say LJ until I saw that bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Offside said:

I will always be grateful to Portsmouth for taking him off our hands. 

A friend of mine was Pompey born and bred. He couldn't understand why I was so joyous and couldn't stop thanking him and shaking his hand uncontrollably!

He soon got it....a few weeks later a look of despondency had fallen upon him, and he gave me that knowing nod of realisation.

Ha!  'Ave it. 

• Like 2