IGNORED

Former players released this week.

GrahamC

Bit of a flurry of retained lists in the last day or so, some might have missed the following three;

Liam Walsh at Swansea after managing 10 starts in 3 injury hit seasons.

Robbie Cundy at Barnsley after a season when he was injured throughout.

Greg Cunningham, obnoxious **** who was at Preston.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

What a fall from grace, was fantastic for us under Holden for half a season.

Fantastic ? 
I would have said promising moreso. He always looked for the forward pass. Surprising how many players don’t fulfill their potential. 

• Like 2

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Fantastic ? 
I would have said promising moreso. He always looked for the forward pass. Surprising how many players don’t fulfill their potential. 

Maybe I’m looking back with Nostalgia, but seemed to make himself one of the first on the team sheet and, like you said, was a player who sat in front of the defence and passed forward. We had been crying out for a player like this for ages.

His attitude and inability to track a man became pretty evident with the downfall of Holden, and Nige appeared to suss him out pretty quickly.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bit of a flurry of retained lists in the last day or so, some might have missed the following three;

Liam Walsh at Swansea after managing 10 starts in 3 injury hit seasons.

Robbie Cundy at Barnsley after a season when he was injured throughout.

Greg Cunningham, obnoxious **** who was at Preston.

A shame for Walsh. Sounds like non-stop injuries both with Swansea and us. 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`s still got time to rebuild his career, maybe go to a decent League One side like Barnsley or Posh and start again.

Possibly - 27 in Sept so last chance I guess. Just needs to stay injury free as he looked a decent player. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Swede said:

Really? He's definitely worth a look

Funny that I see Kane and Walsh’s name in the same thread, because I worry that Kane has the same inability to get around the pitch…at Championship level.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Funny that I see Kane and Walsh’s name in the same thread, because I worry that Kane has the same inability to get around the pitch…at Championship level.

Walsh has an inability to get on the pitch…

Good golfer though.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I do, and will always love, Korey. He’s both a fantastic pro and a very good player. If he doesn’t get a contact at L1 level I’d be shocked

Brilliant for us.

Him, Pack & the last year of Wade Elliott’s excellent career was a ridiculous central midfield combination for League One.

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Absolute top bloke as well. He didn’t mind posing for a photo with my grandson, even though he was hobbling about on crutches. Of course Ted had no idea who he was, but it made my day..!!

ab9cfafd-3654-4a76-8669-f3dd2d3268b7.thumb.jpeg.91cc875b3a90f320973c9f2d70cd40b6.jpeg

Obviously just a great bloke, that Man U goal (his only one at AG) guarantees his name in our history.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Obviously just a great bloke, that Man U goal (his only one at AG) guarantees his name in our history.

Wow - didn’t realise that was his only goal at AG. We’ll never forget it though. 

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think it depends - if he's in an ala James role I think it could work.

Certainly had the technique for it - has a longshot in his locker.