IGNORED

Jon Lansdown on buyouts, budgets and why Liam Manning can raise the bar at Bristol City

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

Is there no chance SL and co revisiting the site they own at long Ashton producing new plans that might appease the neighbours and building a new stadia there -can new plans be resubmitted?

Not sure SL would be too keen on that, as that’s the site for his housing development nest egg now, isn’t it?

I always thought he chucked in the towel surprisingly quickly on the the Ashton Vale Stadium development.  I now wonder how seriously he was really considering that site, especially after we didn’t land the World Cup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think the houses at Longmoor fund the Sporting Quarter.

Unless houses are built on Ashton Gate? Perhaps that land is more valuable? I think the heyday of the supermarket is over (I don't think JS will want to buy the site and relocate).

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Unless houses are built on Ashton Gate? Perhaps that land is more valuable? I think the heyday of the supermarket is over (I don't think JS will want to buy the site and relocate).

In an ideal world you'd build houses etc at Ashton Gate in lower Clifton 😉

And then build the stadium at AV. But with the deal that was done for the village green I'm not sure that would ever be possible. 

• Like 3

I see Sheffield United up for sale still may have a bidder..they've been up for sale for a while of course.

Reported price tag of £100m and even that is deemed toppy by buyers (as per Nixon anyway all of that).

We are surely vastly overpriced.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I see Sheffield United up for sale still may have a bidder..they've been up for sale for a while of course.

Reported price tag of £100m and even that is deemed toppy by buyers (as per Nixon anyway all of that).

Ah but your not getting a world beating well beaten rugby team and a semi pro basketball team thrown in. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Been chatting to a Blades fan the past couple of days while away walking in Anglesey. Apparently they call their current owner “The Poundland Prince” and the only non-rich Arab to own a football club. I soon put him right on that latter point after describing how one Arab-owned club local to us bought one of its stands at “Go Outdoors”!

Sheffield United are a somewhat less complicated buy than City and they have parachute payments. The ground might need a bit more work but in essence they would seem a more attractive option than us for any investor with a spare £200 million burning a hole in their pocket.

• Thanks 1