IGNORED

Download 05

bucksred

Anyone else go to download...what d'ya think.

?

Who was the surprise band sunday?

Velvet Revolver, Anthrax, Alter Bridge & Trivuium rocked, as did HIM, but what a silly barnet Ville Valo has these days biggrin.gif ...........Sabbaf went through the motions, played the greatest hits set, but really, they are past it!! Should have watched In Flames, instead....oh well!! rolleyes.gif

I only went Saturday, as you can see, but what were SOAD, Motorhead, Slayer, Garbage, Hurricane Party, Tokyo Dragons, the GA*GA's and Glitterati like?

and it didnt bloody rain, first time in 7 visits!!!! biggrin.gif

Reel Big Fish much better though Rich

Technically SOAD are a better band but I'm ALL about the Reel Big Fish... Been listening to them longer than any other band and am seeing them 5 times this year.

Fightstar (charlie from busteds band) are amazing also

Each to their own mate but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Technically SOAD are a better band but I'm ALL about the Reel Big Fish... Been listening to them longer than any other band and am seeing them 5 times this year.

Each to their own mate but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fair enough... seen reel big fish supporting Sum41 I think it was (may have been Trail of dead - what a band they are by the way!) at the academy and yes, a great show! All about fun for me though and I guess from that type of music I prefer Less Than Jake.

Will give RBF another listen though as I have heard a lot of good things about them recently.

speaking of System, you heard the new album?? Quality!!  Not quite Toxicity but still special.

Yep, and I think its better than Toxicity meself........... biggrin.gif This generations Led

Zep/Maiden methinks-the legends everyone is influenced by- gotta say head and shoulders above most of the nu breed

Fair enough... seen reel big fish supporting Sum41 I think it was (may have been Trail of dead - what a band they are by the way!) at the academy and yes, a great show! All about fun for me though and I guess from that type of music I prefer Less Than Jake.

Will give RBF another listen though as I have heard a lot of good things about them recently.

Reel Big Fish did support Sum 41 a couple of years back.

Saw Trail of the Dead support Audioslave the other week and I have to say their dualing drum insrumental was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

In regards to your "all about fun"... that's exactly why the Reel Big Fish are my favourite band, I love The Who, Zep, Hendrix etc etc but sometimes you need a bit of fun! smile.gif

P.S. FAO Bucksred... I know Funeral for a Friend filled in for Finch at the last minute if that's what your referring to.

Edited by Rich-TGSC-

Reel Big Fish did support Sum 41 a couple of years back.

Saw Trail of the Dead support Audioslave the other week and I have to say their dualing drum insrumental was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

In regards to your "all about fun"... that's exactly why the Reel Big Fish are my favourite band, I love The Who, Zep, Hendrix etc etc but sometimes you need a bit of fun!  smile.gif

P.S. FAO Bucksred... I know Funeral for a Friend filled in for Finch at the last minute if that's what your referring to.

Yeah sure - I wasnt debating the fact that they were good, just pointing out that in the Genre I think I prefer LTJ.

It was Sum41 I saw them at then, they werent bad either really - it took me a while to judge... real music or manufactured music.. I think the answer is real music but at a time where they were pushed quite hard by the promoters.

Trail of dead are awesome indeed!! Not really much like anything else around and thats one of the reasons they are special.

surprise band were funeral for a friend who were as usual rubbish OZZY RULES

also bowling for soup were great

Talking of rubbish bands - I absolutely love Puddle Of Mud's album... some amazing big songs. Live at Reading festival? They died. I was gutted. They just seemed knackered! I will give em another chance though.

On the flip side, I had heard how bad Linkin Park were live given tthat their sound is very electric. I have seen them twice now and they are one of the best live bands around!! Live it is even better and the raw qualities shine through...

god I love music.

Anyone else go to download...what d'ya think.

?

Who was the surprise band sunday?

Velvet Revolver, Anthrax, Alter Bridge & Trivuium rocked, as did HIM, but what a silly barnet Ville Valo has these days biggrin.gif ...........Sabbaf went through the motions, played the greatest hits set, but really, they are past it!! Should have watched In Flames, instead....oh well!! rolleyes.gif

I only went Saturday, as you can see, but what were SOAD, Motorhead, Slayer, Garbage, Hurricane Party, Tokyo Dragons, the GA*GA's and Glitterati like?

and it didnt bloody rain, first time in 7 visits!!!! biggrin.gif

Was there for the whole weekend. Friday's highlight was Billy Idol absolutely brilliant set. Was supposed to finish at 9.45 but kept going until 10.30

Saturday. Kicked off brilliantly with my act of the festival - Trivium (These guys are going to be big), Impressed with Velvet revolver and Sabbath / Ozzy was great but mainly for the fact it WAS OZZY.

Sunday. Papa Roach went down better than I epected and was a good set. Caught Lacuna Coil whilst waiting for the massive surprise guest (Funeral for a friend) Useless - seen them at download in 03 and again supporting Iron Maiden later that year and thought they were rubbish live. Caught end of Slayer again a very good and polished performance. Slipknot were even better than last year and Joeys Drum Solo will take some beating and be talked about for years. SOAD although a little late taking to the stage were absolutely top notch. Very Smooth from start to Finish.

Roll on 9th,10th, 11th June 06. See you there and if you want an enjoyable weekend go for all 3 days. Well worth it.

Saturday. Kicked off brilliantly with my act of the festival - Trivium (These guys are going to be big), Impressed with Velvet revolver and Sabbath / Ozzy was great but mainly for the fact it WAS OZZY.

Sunday. Papa Roach went down better than I epected and was a good set. Caught Lacuna Coil whilst waiting for the massive surprise guest (Funeral for a friend) Useless - seen them at download in 03 and again supporting Iron Maiden later that year and thought they were rubbish live. Caught end of Slayer again a very good and polished performance. Slipknot were even better than last year and Joeys Drum Solo will take some beating and be talked about for years. SOAD although a little late taking to the stage were absolutely top notch. Very Smooth from start to Finish.

Roll on 9th,10th, 11th June 06. See you there and if you want an enjoyable weekend go for all 3 days. Well worth it.

Yeah, I liked Trivium I went out and ordered the CD, Rockbox ran out of it Download.

Couldnt afford all three days of Download, and green Day (Me nephews birthday present- his first ever gig!!.........would have liked a lot of Sundays bands-Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Shadows Fall, Motorhead, SOAD, Slipnot.........went two years ago for the first one, Maiden rooled then biggrin.gif

Probably see you next year- AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, Priest the headliners?

PS Rich cheers, they must have gone down well...............not judging by the download forums.........you off to see Jimmy Eats World then?

Edited by bucksred

Yeah, I liked Trivium I went out and ordered the CD, Rockbox ran out of it Download.

Couldnt afford all three days of Download, and green Day (Me nephews birthday present- his first ever gig!!.........would have liked a lot of Sundays bands-Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Shadows Fall, Motorhead, SOAD, Slipnot.........went two years ago for the first one, Maiden rooled then biggrin.gif

Probably see you next year- AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, Priest the headliners?

PS Rich cheers, they must have gone down well...............not judging by the download forums.........you off to see Jimmy Eats World then?

Been all 3 years - admitedly only to see maiden 1st year - Didn't stay for the sunday and missed metallica in the tent (Gutted).

In my previous post it might have looked like I was calling Lacuna Coil useless - I wasn't was very impressed with them FFAF are the ones who are useless.

Got triviums album last night - Sounds really good in the car played really loud. Also last weeks Kerrang had a free CD and they had a track on there which is great.

Been all 3 years - admitedly only to see maiden 1st year - Didn't stay for the sunday and missed metallica in the tent (Gutted).

In my previous post it might have looked like I was calling Lacuna Coil useless - I wasn't was very impressed with them FFAF are the ones who are useless.

Got triviums album last night - Sounds really good in the car played really loud. Also last weeks Kerrang had a free CD and they had a track on there which is great.

I was agreeing with you view they are damn good- aint heard the Kerrang cd, yet, playing the hell out of Trivium, Ricky Warwick, and Rushs new one......its next!! biggrin.gif

I missed Metallica too......wanted to see Evenescence..........ahem!! rolleyes.gif

always preferred Anthrax anyway...........rockin set they did- theyre touring here soon, going to the Oxford Zodiac to see em again biggrin.gif