IGNORED

12 Million Pound

Dave L

If we get lucky with these two guys in terms of injuries, they could turn out to be phenomenal signings. I've got a mate who has a season ticket at Highbury and he can't believe Prem quality players like Stewart and Bridge will be playing at our level this season. Nice one Tins!

Your headline brought to mind the FA Cup game in '74 against Leeds, when the City programme listed the values of all the Leeds players and called them the £1m team (or was it £3m?). Either way, you wouldn't get much of a Prem team for that these days!

Well_Red

PS: the City team at the time were reckoned to be worth about £100k in total - similar to the Rovers team circa 2005. laugh.gif

Guest C.T.I.D
I think we will have to wait untill tomorrow to be honest.

why oh why can't the club keep their traps shut till the ink is dry on the darn contract banghead.gif

who's going to jump in and snap him up and offer him more than we can ranting.gif

why oh why can't the club keep their traps shut till the ink is dry on the darn contract banghead.gif

who's going to jump in and snap him up and offer him more than we can ranting.gif

(swear word here) amen to that CTID.

They may learn one day. If this one gets away from us because of another bid then we will look silly again. But then again, when will they learn eh?

Think Marcus could well have somthing to do with any final decision anyway S.L. is probably fed up with the nagging impatience of some on here farmer.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls

And we also have a multi-million pound strikeforce if you look at it like that as Thorpe's attracted fees of nearly two million and Cureton also several hundred thousand.

It doesn't really mean anything though does it. Is Bridges worth £5million now? No, he's worth nothing.

And we also have a multi-million pound strikeforce if you look at it like that as Thorpe's attracted fees of nearly two million and Cureton also several hundred thousand.

It doesn't really mean anything though does it. Is Bridges worth £5million now? No, he's worth nothing.

Do I sense green eyed monster dance.gif

Guest C.T.I.D

are thorpe and cureton worth £2.5m now........um.....no

and still £9.5m less than ours dance.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Do I sense green eyed monster
Not really I'd certainly take Stewart if his wages didn't mean we'd only be able to have 5 other players but if I had to take two from Cureton, Thorpe and Bridges, Cureton and Thorpe would be the ones I'd choose as Bridges has done nothing since his injuries.

it thorpe and cureton worth £2.5m now........um.....no

Yeah that's my point, the only thing that matters is how these players play now not how much they were rated a few years ago.

Guest BeNeRz

See what jealously does to a young mans mind

Bless him get him some help wink.gif

Guest sprout1883

I'll join in

Gary penrice

Devon White

Marcus Stewart

Gareth Taylor

Barry Hayles

Peter Beadle

Jason Roberts

Nathan Ellington

Scott Sinclair

I'll join in

Gary penrice

Devon White

Marcus Stewart

Gareth Taylor

Barry Hayles

Peter Beadle

Jason Roberts

Nathan Ellington

Scott Sinclair

and when did Rovers ever play 9 strikers at once..... rofl2br.gif

some real big names there....Beadle...Sinclair...White....don't make me laugh mate....we didn't mention Andy Cole, Dariuz Dziekanowski, Ade Akinbiyi, Leroy Lita.....god its geting boring humiliating you......just go away little boy, its bed time... rofl2br.gif

Guest sprout1883

some real big names there....Beadle...Sinclair...White....don't make me laugh mate....we didn't mention Andy Cole, Dariuz Dziekanowski, Ade Akinbiyi, Leroy Lita.....god its geting boring humiliating you......just go away little boy, its bed time... rofl2br.gif

Devon White was sold to Cambridge for 100k back in 1993. NDidn't do bad for an electrian that we helped turn into a premier league goalscorer is it

Sold Beadle to Port Vale for 300K.

Awaiting tribunal decision for Scott Sinclair. Liverpool reportedly paying 500k for Lincolns 16 year old centre-half.

I can accept Cole and Akinbyi but Dziekanowski.

Devon White was sold to Cambridge for 100k back in 1993. NDidn't do bad for an electrian that we helped turn into a premier league goalscorer is it

Awaiting tribunal decision for Scott Sinclair. Liverpool reportedly paying 500k for Lincolns 16 year old centre-half.

Tribunal decision for sinclair = less than 50k.

They're calculated from training costs these days.

Nibor

If he's worth nothing then why are Heartlepool and Bradford aswell as us offering him wages of 7k a week?

I can't see your two misfits putting fear into any defenders this season, more like a chance for other teams to play their reserve squad laugh.gif

When have any of your so called striking heroes evr scored 4 goals in a single european game then.....????? He's an absolute legend...... praying smiley.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls

You or anyone else are not seriously offering 7k a week for Bridges are you, if you are that's great news. laugh.gif Surely that is too good to be true.

If Bridges signs, and if he is paired with Stewart at any point, then we will have a striking partnership that has attracted fees in the order of 12 million pounds.

Crikey!

Certainly a case of experience mixing with use.

I only hope that MB is free of injury & that BCFC have got themselves a quality player.

Time will tell.

According to the Sky Sports website Bradford and Derby are interested in him, perhaps the news that we are close to signing him will make them make a real move. If Derby come in for him we will probably not be seeing him here at the gate next season.

You or anyone else are not seriously offering 7k a week for Bridges are you, if you are that's great news. laugh.gif  Surely that is too good to be true.

Well i hope not! I heard his wage demands are around 8k per week, but i'm sure we won't break the bank for him, unfortunatly i belive Bradford will, we will see.

If all you boys would stop throwing your toys out of the pram, you would realise that BOTH Bristol clubs have been able to bring on some very good players in the recent past and I challenge any City fan to say that we would not have gladly taken on Ellington, Roberts, Stewart, Hayles or Cureton at their peak?

Sadly, due to their ability to remain in the bottom 2 divisions, neither club have been able to to keep those players on board and build a team around them capable of promotion. We've just lost leroy Lita becuase we are not a big enough club to satisfy his ambition. Sadly, he sees Reading as offering him better potential and that , in a nutshell, says it all.

Archived