IGNORED

Saturday 13th October 1990

Taunton_City

Can't remember the exact date but it was mid 90's!

I was very young and can only remember david seal missing a penalty then the opposition(can't remember) scored straight away after! can't even remember the final score!

Anyone remember this game? can you tell me anything else about it?

• Admin

Back in the late seventys when Liverpool condemed us to relegation to the very old 2nd div back in 78 i think

In 78/79 we finished thirteenth in Division One (Prem), 79/80 saw us relegated from the top flight. That season Liverpool beat us 3-1 at the Gate (16th March) with Mabbutt getting our goal, that being Liverpools second win against us that season, as we lost 4-0 at Anfield.

Anyone remember which one of these games david seal missed a penalty in?

1994/95 18 Mar 1995 Burnley 1 - 1 L-2 H 6717

1995/96 9 Mar 1996 Burnley 0 - 1 L-3 H 6612

1996/97 11 Jan 1997 Burnley 2 - 1 L-3 H 10013

1997/98 2 Dec 1997 Burnley 3 - 1 L-3 H 11136

I know its a long shot, but someone must remember?

The day my dad took me to my first city game :doh:

When did everyone eles love affair start??

not sure the exact year but late seventies, new year's day or boxing day, home to Coventry City, Division One, Joe Royale i think made his debut and scored, if my memory serves me right, a hatrick as we went on to win 4-0. fabulous days.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

The day my dad took me to my first city game :doh:

When did everyone eles love affair start??

Same season, City 3 Brighton 1 cant remember the date but it was one of Jimmy Lumsdens first games in charge. My uncle took me & my cousin & we stood in the east end, great times! My next game was 6-1 defeat to Sunderland in the League cup so ###### knows what made me so addicted to City after watching that $hite!

Back in the late seventys when Liverpool condemed us to relegation to the very old 2nd div back in 78 i think

That was March 17th 1980!

My first game was City 2 PNE 1 in Feb 1969. Stood on the open end in pouring rain but went home happy having seen John Galley sliding through the mud to hit the winning goal.

not sure the exact year but late seventies, new year's day or boxing day, home to Coventry City, Division One, Joe Royale i think made his debut and scored, if my memory serves me right, a hatrick as we went on to win 4-0. fabulous days.

He scored all four against Middlesboro in what was then the equivalent of the Premiership!

April 2003 at home to Plymuff 1-0 was my first game. Think it was Lee Peacock that scored, i sat in the Atyeo. I was brought along by my girlfriends brother. Have been addidcted ever since, bought my first season ticket this year, and have followed them to many away games.

Hope it gets better starting this friday night!

And the game which relegated City was away at Southampton, lost 5-3 (I think). Even the coach ride home was fun in those days.

And we still had to play away at Spurs to finish the season, drew 0 - 0, Joe Royle was our star sriker (ho ho).

The last home game was against Norwich, I remember Justin Fashanu elbowing Dave Rodgers and getting away with it, while Gerry Sweeney smacked a Normwich player off the ball and was sent off. Where's the justice eh?

Happy days though.

My first game was a testimonial in 1969, can't remember whose. I remember watching Jack Connor's last game for City, playing for the reserves in 1971, I have his autographed photo which he gave after the game.

Archived