IGNORED

Who Remembers The Mascot Punch-up Against Wolves?

Never to the dark side

The date 7th november 1997

There was an item in The Independent on SATURDAY just gone

Didn't know wolfie apologised last year for his actions on

the davina mcauls programme closure

Wasn't there that day but remember reading about it in the papers and seeing on tv, god did it make me laugh, bought a smile to my face now 2! :D

i wus there and it was the best thing about that day believe me!

And speaking of the Grauniad there was a piece in the sports section yesterday featuring Mr Holloways reaction to the defeat by Reading.

He appeals to the big man upstairs for some finances and then goes off on one about time machines and winning the lottery.....class...

Search of yahoo video..

I was there.. i was only little but was there!

I believe that it used to or still is on "they think its all over" when the programme starts?

The fight in the centre circle was nothing compared to what happened after. They were just messing around on the pitch, but as they walked off towards the tunnel, one of the pigs tried to wind the wolf up again and succeeded - he swung a punch (a proper punch, too), tried to start another fight and was dragged off by the stewards. All this happened right in front of the Atyeo but sadly the tv cameras didn't catch it.

I've still got the paper clippings from the Post. Can remember it featuring on Soccer AM's 60 second call in when they were told not to call in about Scrapping Mascots because it was all people were talking about.

I'm sure there's a joke here somewhere about Fights, Middle of the pitch Mascots and our current sistuation.

I've still got the paper clippings from the Post. Can remember it featuring on Soccer AM's 60 second call in when they were told not to call in about Scrapping Mascots because it was all people were talking about.

It was on 'Have I Got News For You' as well at the time. In the missing words round they had a headline saying 'Who's afraid of the big bad ????????' and the answer was 'Wolves mascot'

Think it made the papers around the world as well.

Archived