IGNORED

Joke Board / Joke Fickle Fans / Joke Club

Guest ScottishRed

Guest ScottishRed

Danny Wilson should never have been sacked and the board should never have succumbed the the vocal minority who wanted him out. Under Wilson, we had an entertaining blend of youth and experience.

If we'd have kept Wilson, we'd be in the Champiionship by now. I'm sure people will reply by saying he had enough chances. But, the young players he developed were getting towards their peak.

Its great to see players like Matt Hill (who used to get stick by the idiots at Ashton Gate who know nothing about football) doing well. Doherty and Coles also playing at a higher level.

Whenever I mention to people I'm a Bristol City fan, they just laugh and say one of the following:

1) a club who think they have a divine right to be a top club.

2) bunch of idiots follow them

3) most fickle fans around

I find it hard to disagree. Wherever I sit at Ashton Gate I sem to have some moron who knows nothing about football. Whenver I go away with City, I find it hard to get away from the muppets intent on causing trouble.

Apologies for the typos, was in a rush!

Danny Wilson should never have been sacked and the board should never have succumbed the the vocal minority who wanted him out. Under Wilson, we had an entertaining blend of youth and experience.

If we'd have kept Wilson, we'd be in the Champiionship by now. I'm sure people will reply by saying he had enough chances. But, the young players he developed were getting towards their peak.

Its great to see players like Matt Hill (who used to get stick by the idiots at Ashton Gate who know nothing about football) doing well. Doherty and Coles also playing at a higher level.

Whenever I mention to people I'm a Bristol City fan, they just laugh and say one of the following:

I find it hard to disagree. Wherever I sit at Ashton Gate I sem to have some moron who knows nothing about football. Whenver I go away with City, I find it hard to get away from the muppets intent on causing trouble.

I have to agree with you 100% except the board bit. I think the board are doing al they can. But fickle fans YES!!.

Have you heard the frase 'To many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the broth'.

I have to agree with you 100% except the board bit. I think the board are doing al they can. But fickle fans YES!!.

Have you heard the frase 'To many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the broth'.

Agree aswell, Ive always been dissapointed about the sacking of Danny but i think that is now too far in the past and it will only cause more problems and negativity talking about it!

Lets move on, at least we now have a manager who is similar to Wilson and looks like a manager! Unlike someone we know.

I'm confident Gj can turn this mess around!

Keep the faith :city:

Yes, with hindsight it might have been nice to have kept Wilson. But if he'd stayed on for another season the pressure would have become even more intense and the criticism all the more fierce.

And lets not forget that we had to lose key players last season. How would Wilson have coped with the rebuilding ?

The reality is that we have another manager who COULD be just as good, if not better. Give him time and he CAN turn this around.

But yes we are fickle - well most of the time anyway :whistle:

Most fickle fans? No. Wigan Athletic's fans are even worse. The difference this season (so far) is that they're riding the crest of a wave whilst City are riding the crest of a slump.

It's hard being a City fan in Bristol, it's a darn sight tougher being one up here in Pieland.

COME ON YOU REDS :city:

Yes, with hindsight it might have been nice to have kept Wilson. But if he'd stayed on for another season the pressure would have become even more intense and the criticism all the more fierce.

And lets not forget that we had to lose key players last season. How would Wilson have coped with the rebuilding ?

The reality is that we have another manager who COULD be just as good, if not better. Give him time and he CAN turn this around.

But yes we are fickle - well most of the time anyway :whistle:

Those players left because Wilson left

I'm sure if Wilson had stayed so would have peacock, brown, hill, coles, doherty and carey(first time round)

Those players left because Wilson left

I'm sure if Wilson had stayed so would have peacock, brown, hill, coles, doherty and carey(first time round)

Sorry no chance! Wilson went because of playoff final! Digging up the past, so here goes! Player unrest and big argument about the starting eleven in changing room before kick off. Broken up by ?. cant name names.This was the start of things to come, so it continued into BT's reign.

Sorry no chance! Wilson went because of playoff final! Digging up the past, so here goes! Player unrest and big argument about the starting eleven in changing room before kick off. Broken up by ?. cant name names.This was the start of things to come, so it continued into BT's reign.

How do you know that?

Don,t be coming on here with your big "I know this" crap,giving it exclamation marks and a pitiful scenario,to end it with an "argentinian at port stanley surrender type sentence" as "can,t name names"

Either put up or shut up you clown.

[/quote

Danny wilson should of been sacked purely on the basis of the tactics he used in the play off final it was a disgrace. At the time everyone was pleased wilson went now everyone thinks he should never of been sacked thats rubbish. Wilson had 4 years at this club yes they were 4 good years but he still didnt get us out of this division. Hill, Doherty and coles are all playing at a higher level and it is a shame they didnt stay here but they also werent good enough to get us out of this division, so lets get behind the current team and stop dwelling on the past. times change and i believe gary johnson is the man to take us forward just give him a chance

You forgot 4) Allways living in the past :angry:

Wilson had 4 seasons and a missive amou nt of money given to him to spend. Add onto that the fact that we rejected big or reasonably big offers on a lot of players then Wilson deserved to be sacked because he was unable to get us promoted with all that money when the likes of Rotherham, Brighton etc were able to without spending, so how was he going to be able to without any money and loosing players because he had run out of time.

Players didn't leave because Wilson left, they were stalling because we weren't offering them enough wages that they were able to recieve at other clubs before Wilson was sacked.

When I thought Wilson should go I said that no matter how badly the next man does Wilson has messed this club up because he has spent all our resources and got us to virtually the same position that we were in when he got here.

Tinnion did though have money to spend and did a fine job of making a complete hash of things.

As for fickle fans, I wouldn't say fickle at all. After watching this club fall apart its hard not to criticise and find holes in aspects of what has gone on recently.

Scotish red I think you should spend less time moaning about all the supporters who moan about city.

Whenever I go away I find it difficult to find any morons trying to cause trouble.

Wilson had 4 seasons and a missive amou nt of money given to him to spend. Add onto that the fact that we rejected big or reasonably big offers on a lot of players then Wilson deserved to be sacked because he was unable to get us promoted with all that money when the likes of Rotherham, Brighton etc were able to without spending, so how was he going to be able to without any money and loosing players because he had run out of time.

Players didn't leave because Wilson left, they were stalling because we weren't offering them enough wages that they were able to recieve at other clubs before Wilson was sacked.

When I thought Wilson should go I said that no matter how badly the next man does Wilson has messed this club up because he has spent all our resources and got us to virtually the same position that we were in when he got here.

Tinnion did though have money to spend and did a fine job of making a complete hash of things.

As for fickle fans, I wouldn't say fickle at all. After watching this club fall apart its hard not to criticise and find holes in aspects of what has gone on recently.

Scotish red I think you should spend less time moaning about all the supporters who moan about city.

Whenever I go away I find it difficult to find any morons trying to cause trouble.

Well said Kit :)

I can confirm heard that aswell. Just had to keep my mouth shut all this time though. :crying:

Don,t be coming on here with your big "I know this" crap,giving it exclamation marks and a pitiful scenario,to end it with an "argentinian at port stanley surrender type sentence" as "can,t name names"

Either put up or shut up you clown.

Hey mouth! this was know before wilson was sacked, The reason i put this on here is because wilson deserved to go! as for naming names. Buy One Get One Free

Erm...he'd had enough chances. The reason people will reply that is because it's a fair enough reply. I still believe it was right to get rid of him. He was taking us nowhere. Of course, replacing him does not guarantee better, but unless you take that leap you consign yourself to someone who has proven himself unable to get you out of the division, and cost you a fortune at the same time. He had to go.

Its great to see players like Matt Hill (who used to get stick by the idiots at Ashton Gate who know nothing about football) doing well.

Agreed. Good luck to any City player who moves onwards and upwards provided they always gave 100 per cent in a red and white shirt, as Matty always did. Doherty will never reach his potential, because I don't think he even really wants to. Jury out on Coles, but he had to go too. I don't want players here who take the p*** out of our club.

Wherever I sit at Ashton Gate I sem to have some moron who knows nothing about football. Whenver I go away with City, I find it hard to get away from the muppets intent on causing trouble.

That's not City, that's football I'm afraid. On the rare occasion where the only way I can get into a City away game is to go among the home fans (e.g. Swansea), there's always an idiot who knows bugger all but spends the whole game shouting abuse/advice. Hooliganism is getting worse in the game, even though it's nowhere near the level it used to be, but it seems almost a taboo again to mention it because people don't want to have to deal with it.

Danny Wilson was a joke of a manager considering how he failed over 4 season's to get a decent squad promoted. It was also a joke - at our expense - how he got away with living in Chesterfield while 'managing' us. I consider my fellow City supporters to be neither fickle or idiots - quite the opposite, in fact I consider my fellow City supporters as being near superhuman considering all the failure and underachievement they've had to endure over the past 8 years.

This club has the best and most loyal support in the country relative to our poxy olde Div 3 status.

Erm...he'd had enough chances. The reason people will reply that is because it's a fair enough reply. I still believe it was right to get rid of him. He was taking us nowhere. Of course, replacing him does not guarantee better, but unless you take that leap you consign yourself to someone who has proven himself unable to get you out of the division, and cost you a fortune at the same time. He had to go.

'Taking us nowhere' - that's one way of putting it. Increasing our chances of promotion year on year would be another. Wilson 'taking us nowhere' is just another myth amongst City fans who were getting fed up with admittedly some of his negative (but successful) tactics and boring sound bites.

I laughed at 'unless you take that leap' as well - Tinnion coming in was certainly a leap!

The more and more I look back on the situation the more I'm afraid I find myself lying the blame at the doorstep of our chairman. He initiated the move of Murray back to the club which Wilson didn't want and sacked Wilson's friend Brian Jones, Wilson naturally was angry and he got the sack for it!

Wilson should've at least got the start of the following season to try and bounce back with a similar group of players. If Lansdown had of kept Jones on then I'm almost certain Wilson would've carried on.

The more and more I look back on the situation the more I'm afraid I find myself lying the blame at the doorstep of our chairman. He initiated the move of Murray back to the club which Wilson didn't want and sacked Wilson's friend Brian Jones, Wilson naturally was angry and he got the sack for it!

When we re-signed Murray, either Coppell or Reading chairman stated that Wilson had been enquiring about his availability every week for the last few months. I can remember reading this. To blame Lansdown for that I think is a bit unfair.

The only blame I can land on Lansdown for on the pitch affairs is for appointing Tinnion and not Sacking him sooner. He has given a lot of backing to all our managers, given them a lot of time and money.

Guest bristolbred

This club has the best and most loyal support in the country relative to our poxy olde Div 3 status.

What was the attendance v Notts County again?

Which season??

We've played Nott's County alot since 1982!!.

And always in Ye Olde 3rd and 4th Divisions!!.

:):):)

Archived