IGNORED

Decks Cleared..temporarily At Least Now

Bristol Boy

I doubt if we'll break the habit of a lifetime and bring in a good non league striker, so that will probably rule out Constable.

Grant Holt was mentioned on more than one occasion to Tinnion last year and he's a more likely target as he's in form, doing the business in the league and, I'll be honest, as long as we keep Brooker, I'd like to see Aggogo & Holt come in!!

Of the strikers we have, I can only see Brooker and Stewart staying ( and Stewart's doubtful in spite of what he said on World today)

We now have;

Harley

Fortune

Keogh

Bridges

Woodman

Gillespie

out on loan

of these I think only Keogh has a future at AG and that's not certain.

That's six, with at least another 3/4 set to move on in January, if not before.Jamie Smith must be one and Carey another, although he'll probably stay as cover now that Keogh & Fortune are out.

Quinn

Sankofa

Youga

Joseph

have come in.

Of those, I think Joseph has the best chance of staying.

We desparately need a left winger with some pace, two strikers and a passing midfielder, if Russell isn't the player we hope he will be.After Swindon, I'll reserve judgement.

In a 4-4-2, a couple of good full backs wouldn't go amiss either!

On recent showings, a midfield leader-holding player would be welcome.A player like Hessanthaler was at Gillingham.

I'm confident that if we can get Heywood & Partridge fit and playing well together, the defence will improve, particularly if we go 3-5-2 with a quicker player who can cover the second ball and bring it out of defence, next to them.

In a 3-5-2 we would need two proper wing backs to compliment the back three and give us width.At home you could get away with Murray & Golbourne, but away you'll need far better defenders than those two.

You must be kidding, we don't need or want Agogo at BCFC.

My main point on this subject is that are the quality of players Johnson brings in going to be any better than what we already have?

Judging by what he has brought in so far I have really only been impressed by Joseph and Sankofa - possibly Quinn could do a job away from home.

The bottom line is that clubs are only going to be getting rid of their garbage (just like we are doing) so is our squad really going to be any better in January after all these chops and changes?

In my opinion, not. Johnson is going to have to be VERY shrewd in his transfer dealings.

I hope we sign some 'bite' in Midfield, someone who can take the pressure away from the wingers and Wilkshire and give them some freedom to create something for our great crop of forwards.

This has be a priority.

You mean the winger, the one on the right side of the park!

Can we get Agogo just to irritate the Gas please?

You mean the winger, the one on the right side of the park!

Can we get Agogo just to irritate the Gas please?

Yes sorry, how stupid of me thinking we have left winger at the club, what year do i think it is 1998??? :laugh:

Yes we will get Agogo just to ensure the gas are religated, good a reason as any! :razz:

We desparately need a left winger with some pace, two strikers and a passing midfielder, if Russell isn't the player we hope he will be.After Swindon, I'll reserve judgement.

Does anyone know of the availability of Stephen Hunt at Reading. Signed form brentford, pacey and tricky natural left winger from what I know of. Don't know if he's broke into the side there, but is certainly a player worthy of looking at.

Yes sorry, how stupid of me thinking we have left winger at the club, what year do i think it is 1998??? :laugh:

Yes we will get Agogo just to ensure the gas are religated, good a reason as any! :razz:

But you're right we need someone with a fair bit more bite than young Skusey. Left winger, obviously. Pacy goalscorer too.

Archived