IGNORED

Go On, Go On Go On

bucksred

Tactical Genius - I respect your views over most on this forum however it was clear to see that after we signed Dinning permanently he was mostly God awful.

Yes he may of had potential and yes he's doing ok at Vale this term, however I for one certainly won't be giving him wax lyrical, ever.

I can remember his performance against Wednesday in that 4-1 defeat now, it was borderline ridiculous.

Guest Harry Dolman

I'm not sure about that, there was also the incident when he floored a youth team player in training for no good reason.

My mates used to call him Rainman.

The great thing was just prior joining us, in a televised match for Everton he played a god awful back pass, gifting a goal to the oppositon. When he joined us, he joked in the press that everybody just remembered him for "that" pass. Then, just in case anyone had not seen that "pass" when it was on Telly, he did a real live "phoenix from the flames" on his home debut. Pure quality.

For me the worst ever player is between Gary Stanley & Frank "I used to play for Man U" McGarvey.

Tactical Genius - I respect your views over most on this forum however it was clear to see that after we signed Dinning permanently he was mostly God awful.

Yes he may of had potential and yes he's doing ok at Vale this term, however I for one certainly won't be giving him wax lyrical, ever.

I can remember his performance against Wednesday in that 4-1 defeat now, it was borderline ridiculous.

To me he was a "sun on his back player". When we are 3 up at half time against Oldham, he looked good in the 2nd half. 3 days later we are 1 up v Blackpool at half time, 2nd half they pile on the pressure & its like the alamo - he disappeared.

Similar with the Vale game this season, when we are putting 4 past them in the opening 20 mins he is anonymous, when we go back into our shells in the 2nd half he came more into it (not a lot mind you).

Guest Harry Dolman

There was a poll about this on the 606 website a couple of months back. One of the names they mentioned was Brian Williams. I never saw him play, but I'm interested because my brother is currently sharing a flat with his daughter in Chicago.

Ex gashead, moustache, full back. Not spectacular but solid - certainly not a worst ever player. More solid than any full back we have now!

This season, James Quinn.

He scored 1 goal away from home, and was ANONYMOUS in the 2 games he played for us after that. Quietest striker I've ever seen.

What you mean Ronmeister is "S h i t t e s t striker you've ever seen"

What about that Mark Summerbell??? Was on loan for a month a few seasons back (but it got cut short cos he was so crap!!!) Sorry if someone else has mentioned this, I haven't read all the replies.

That's because he was one of our better players who was ruthlessly fed to the wolves by Tinnion.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

From my friends here in Wigan, they still can't believe that we signed him

Ah.. Atteveld, knew I'd forgotten somebody :) Will be remembered for one incident only, that underhit backpass.

That and a CRACKING 25 yard own goal at Millwall

Racking my brains...

David Rennie!

Steve McClaren!

Darren Hawkins!

Chris Honor!

Soren Anderson!

Scott McGarvey!

Mark Lever!

Marvyn Harriott!

Vilmos Sebok!!!!!! :@

BUT, whatever happened to the legend that was PAUL WIMBLETON??

I remember the penalty he scored at Cardiff, at the home fans end, one step and top corner finish sent the keeper the wrong way. Ace hair too!!

Current crop... Fortune...

Racking my brains...

David Rennie!

Steve McClaren!

Darren Hawkins!

Chris Honor!

Soren Anderson!

Scott McGarvey!

Mark Lever!

Marvyn Harriott!

Vilmos Sebok!!!!!! :@

BUT, whatever happened to the legend that was PAUL WIMBLETON??

I remember the penalty he scored at Cardiff, at the home fans end, one step and top corner finish sent the keeper the wrong way. Ace hair too!!

Current crop... Fortune...

Your list has left me dumbfounded.

David Rennie?

Steve McClaren?

Chris Honor?

Soren Andersen?

Vimos Sebok?

I'm especially surprised by Rennie. Him and Andy May formed one of the best midfields I've ever seen down Ashton Gate - though I'd like to point out I was too young to remember the mythical days of top-flight football.

David Rennie?

Steve McClaren?

Chris Honor?

Soren Andersen?

Vimos Sebok?

I'm especially surprised by Rennie. Him and Andy May formed one of the best midfields I've ever seen down Ashton Gate - though I'd like to point out I was too young to remember the mythical days of top-flight football.

Soren was class, and Sebok showed glimpses of quality, though playing in a defence shorn of confidence will make anyone look bad.

I was a bit too young to remember Rennie properly, though I do recall most people being very happy when Denis Smith sold him.

Guest Fred Fjord

Gary Emmanuel

One of my least favourite STFC players of all time....somehow he did a sufficient amount of something to get picked every week, but I couldn't see what it was.....definitely instrumental in getting us relegated in 82 to the lowest level for the first and so far only time......even his brace at Ashton Gate in a 3-0 win couldn't rescue his reputation, but I suppose it helped you to join us....now does history repeat itself? We've got Gareth Whalley who reminds me a lot of Emmanual, but probably isn't as good.

Matthew Hewlett came very close to being a figure of dislike, but he just about showed enough to suggest he was nearly a footballer.

The fact he can't get a game for 92nd place Torquay is not a surprise.

Nothing borderline about it, he was utter garbage that day, AND against Lu'on away...........not as bad as Fortune though, or Craig Fagan, or Damian Spencer....or Lavin, Hutchings, Steve Jones. Hell do we have a stranglehold on buying donkies???? :whistle:

Paul Tisdale had the worst single game I've ever seen for City in a game where he was played at Right Back away to (I think) Wrexham.

Overall the worst player I've ever seen at City would be Steve Johnson. A striker from the mid eighties at the time that every team had a 'rambo'. He was ours and he was godawful.

Guest North Street

All wonderful players when compared to Gus Caesar of course

I see Gus even has a page at Wikipedia

The only defender i have seen in that day and age connected with Arsenal who truly could not defend.

Felt sorry for the bloke as he seemed to be trying but often lost control of his limbs and looked like he was in despair .Cruel to play him!

David Rennie?

Steve McClaren?

Chris Honor?

Soren Andersen?

Vimos Sebok?

Best Midfields????? David Rennie was rubbish and played mostly at centre half.

John Palmer

If this is the same John PALMER that i remember, i played with him at school. He was not the best player City ever had, but he was far from the worst. He gave his his best in the small number of games he played, and at least he got to wear the shirt, which is more than the rest of us did.

Best Midfields????? David Rennie was rubbish and played mostly at centre half.

Totally agree mate... Rennie was dreadful... By no means a good midfield player, let alone defender...

And I'm affraid I don't remember to many Vilmos Sebok fans at the time he spent at City...

As for Steve McClaren AWFUL player but great manager... Seems to work that way sometimes though!

Chris Honor managed to get stick coming off the bench for us (3-1 down vs the gas at Twerton Park a case in point, even got hit by an advertising board at one point whilst trying to take a corner, if he can't dodge a big piece of wood he must be pap, only on for about 5 minutes then!) ... So in my book a valid entry!

Edited by RedSi

All wonderful players when compared to Gus Caesar of course

I've never thought of Caesar as deserving a place on a "BCFC Worst Of All Time" list, although I guess he received something of a worldwide "boost" in Mr Hornby's (for me) dismal Fever Pitch. He may, of course, have been the worst player in Hornby's time watching Arsenal but I feel quite certain that we at Ashton Gate can do far better than that.

:)

For me, any worthy candidate for such an accolade would need to combine arrogance, laziness, a general lack of fitness and preferably a totally unwarranted high transfer fee ... ladies and gentlemen, I give you the none and only Mr Ian Baird.

How can you say that when he was played out of position, and in 20 minutes cameos! :@

How about his four starts?

And his reserve games.

And the dozen or so sub appearances.

And his inability to get into the Carlisle team.

And what is his best position, he's played up front for nearly all his clubs (At Sunderland last year he just didn't play).

Not our worst player, but a pointless signing in retrospect.