IGNORED

Who Would You Sign In The Window?

badger22

a left winger is top of the list. like the sound of this shuker from barnsley is the rumour mill is to be believed. after that i dot really know, a pacey striker i suppose. to be honest though its a lottery. some players just click at a club and others don't. we all though bridges would be awesome and who thought lita would of did what he did before last season started.

IN

1 x Target Man as cover & competition for Brooker.-Holt Type.

2 x Pacy Strikers Agogo & Andrews Type.

1 x Defensive Midfielder.

1 x Left Winger.

1 x GK-if SP leaves

Noble-the only loan I'd keep.

OUT

Savage

Joseph

Bridges

Stewart

Smith J

Smith G :dunno:

We could loose:

Phillips

Wilkshire

and, if a big enough offer comes in...........Brooker :(:(

On what, I've seen, I wouldn't think Russell is part of GJ's plans although I'll withold judgement until he's 100% fit.

Stewart may well stay, as that suits him, so, if he does, that will lead to only one pacy striker coming in.

lee clarke from newcastle, a left footed midfielder.

He'd be very handy in central midfield, barring injuries, but we've already got 8 central midfielders and we desparately need a wide player and that's not Clark.

Guest Harry Dolman

IN

1 x Left Winger.

1 x GK-if SP leaves

OUT

Savage

Joseph

Bridges

Stewart

Smith J

We could loose:

Phillips

Wilkshire

On what, I've seen, I wouldn't think Russell is part of GJ's plans although I'll withold judgement until he's 100% fit.

Stewart may well stay, as that suits him, so, if he does, that will lead to only one pacy striker coming in.

He'd be very handy in central midfield, barring injuries, but we've already got 8 central midfielders and we desparately need a wide player and that's not Clark.

I think Johnson is a "Russell" fan - apparently he tried to sign him for Yeovil in the summer.

If Brooker stays then I think the target man will be low budget (don't think we can afford big bucks for cover). Only if Brooker goes do we have the funds for, say Holt (or Parkin of Macc'field).

I guess the Finnish lad from Cardiff is a probable. If they buy Koumas they will probably be looking to re-coup some dosh so maybe there are other players avaialble there.

Assuming no "big" names leave us, I think the 2 most important signings are a left winger & a pacy striker (Hayter from Bournemouth would be good.... but unlikely!).

I have a feeling the pacy striker might be...........

Kevin Gall

he's not in the Yeovil team at the moment - being kept out by Jevons & Harald & Bastinini (sp!)

so he is probably available

But I wouldn't be keen on him, didn't make it at the Gas (or Newcastle) although given few chances, did ok for Yeovil but not done it in this league, and not had the consistentcy IMO. Another player like Grant Smith, been around a few clubs and had only one good spell in the last 3 seasons

I think GJ will go for the Cardiff Finnish midfielder, plus Gall or possibly Agogo as it's been reported his new contract has a transfer fee figure at which he can speak to other clubs. Also GJ's son Lee is out of contract in the summer and didn't deny a move to AG when it was put as a direct question to him on Soccer Night a few weeeks ago.

As for the left midfield slot..........McIndoe or Parry but they are - I admit - unlikely, maybe Gavin Williams on a season loan from West Ham as I think he's not in the first team.

Fagan has been mentioned but surely (a) Hull won't/don't need to sell & (b) why would he drop to League 1 (or possibly 2)

I expect Wilkshire to move to a Dutch club, perhaps after being recommended to one by the Aussie manager Hidjink (sp) and I can't see anyone above our level coming in for Philips, or any League 1 clubs having the luxury of buying a keeper when there are so many frees and unattached keepers around(like Basso for example) who are ok at this level.

Wellens should be made priority target for me. Stick him alongside Noble/Wilkshire/Brown and you've got a tough but creative midfield. He'd bring real bite and edge to the team.

His signing should be followed up with the capture of a pacy goalscorer and a left winger. Any shouts because I can't think of any that spring to mind... :dunno:

Guest abbiebritt

I still think Wellens, I've always rated this guy.

Without the stupid shouts of Rooney and Ronaldo, who do you think would fit in well and improve the squad this January?

:city:

I completely agree with you! we should have got him for the start of this season we would'nt be in the mess we currently are with a creative midfielder like him

it might be possible to sign nathan dyer on loan from southampton, he is a local lad and has loads of potential. he plays for england under 19s but cant currently get in southamptons first team and was recently on loan to burnley where he impressed. he can play on ever wing and up front, has lots of pace.

may be a possibilty :dunno:

i reckon Lee johnson will almost certainly be at AG soon, Its a good way for GJ to get his son playing a higher standared.

Paul Terry will be a good player to get in too. Good defender and is liable to get a few goals. They are both out of contract soon (i think) and yeovil will want to get some money for them.

I think it's a wise move to try and get those two because they will want to play for the manager and GJ knows exactly what to expect from them and they know what is expected of themselves.

That being the case maybe orr and partridge will leave (move carrey back to RB) Get rid of J Smith too

I couldn't even begin to imagine what GJ will do with the forwards. We need one back i'd like bridges now he has got some games under his belt. He could be used as our other target man. Good touch and vision to put in the killer ball for a pacey striker.

Savage out definately, brings NOTHING to the table not city quality atall.

Guest harveythompson

i reckon Lee johnson will almost certainly be at AG soon, Its a good way for GJ to get his son playing a higher standared.

Paul Terry will be a good player to get in too. Good defender and is liable to get a few goals. They are both out of contract soon (i think) and yeovil will want to get some money for them.

I think it's a wise move to try and get those two because they will want to play for the manager and GJ knows exactly what to expect from them and they know what is expected of themselves.

That being the case maybe orr and partridge will leave (move carrey back to RB) Get rid of J Smith too

I couldn't even begin to imagine what GJ will do with the forwards. We need one back i'd like bridges now he has got some games under his belt. He could be used as our other target man. Good touch and vision to put in the killer ball for a pacey striker.

Lee has said he doesn't want to play under his dad again

Bridges, ala many of our players loaned out, has been primarily on the bench and never will be a target man He is a decent passer but vastly prefers to be facing goal.

Guest harveythompson

s.h.i.t! that is a very good point, apologies! loss of concentration there! i suppose what i meant was a bigger club but i still dnt know why he wouldn't want to play for his dad??

I know what you mean, if i was him id rather play for a bigger club with more ambition and good chances of getting to the Championship in the next few seasons

Lee Johnson turned down a move to Swansea earlier this season when a fee, about 100k., had been agreed.

Indicates 2 thing to me, one he's not keen to leave Yeovil, two, his Dad was willing to let him go.

So perhaps GJ no more wants to link up again with his son than Lee Johnson reportedly wants to play under his Dad again.

Either that or he was desperate to stay with his Dad and will therefore be joining City forthwith. :doh:

or possibly Agogo as it's been reported his new contract has a transfer fee figure at which he can speak to other clubs.

Hang on a minute, i don't want Agogo anyway but even less so when he's signed a new contract (which he didn't have to) which means City would have to pay alot more than we would have had to otherwise.

No doubt the get out clause is higher than a nearly out of contract player would command.

Not exactly the way to endear himelf to his new 'fans' by forcing City to pay extra to our rivals, is it?

Guest Mr Brightside

IN

1 x Left Winger.

1 x GK-if SP leaves

OUT

Savage

Joseph

Bridges

Stewart

Smith J

We could loose:

Phillips

Wilkshire

well in that case why don't we just put wilkshire on the left like last year, or what about cotteril? reffering to the left side problem. i'd think about signing a tommy doherty from qpr.

Archived