IGNORED

A Sad Death Occured Today In The Local World Of Football

Never to the dark side

R-I-P the green'un

Today is the last day it will be published

It will now come free of charge

In the Evil Post on MONDAY, two days after SATURDAYS action

See what happens when you flog the ownership to a London Based paper(the daily Mail)

How fitting after ALL these years it should bow out on a win for City and a shameful loss at home against a team bottom of the pile lor the slags!

The "pink" sports paper in Newcastle stopped publishing today after a century of sports reporting. Publishers said it was because of the number of games now played on Sundays and Mondays.

I still have a copy of the last time it died; the end of the 78/79 season. When it was resurrected in the 90's it was similar but not quite the same.

It wasn't just football and rugby though; it was a genuine sports paper giving space to athletics, scrambling chess and draughts even provided it was related to the Bristol area. RIP the "Green'un".

Just out of interest; when was the "Pink'un", it's rival last published please?

Guest The Codfather 0312

Very sad day, I always looked foward to getting my copy on a saturday evening and sitting down and reading it with my take away. All good things must come to a end though.

Very sad day, I always looked foward to getting my copy on a saturday evening and sitting down and reading it with my take away. All good things must come to a end though.

Not everything. The world cup, cheese production, electricity...

The green un was rubbish anyway! If anything, that would work online rather than in printed form...

Archived