IGNORED

Skuse And Brown Back In Contention........

mookey

Noble and Russell have led to a significant improvement in City's play. Heywood said in todays WDP that with those two in front of the back four there is more shape to the team which helps defending as well as getting the ball more quickly out of defence.

Noble in particular has been impressive and looks a class act.Russell is getting better with every game and I can't see either Brown or Skuse automatically getting back into the team.They'll get thier chance when injuries/suspensions kick in.

• Admin

Noble and Russell have led to a significant improvement in City's play. Heywood said in todays WDP that with those two in front of the back four there is more shape to the team which helps defending as well as getting the ball more quickly out of defence.

Noble in particular has been impressive and looks a class act.Russell is getting better with every game and I can't see either Brown or Skuse automatically getting back into the team.They'll get thier chance when injuries/suspensions kick in.

We'll be lucky to keep a settled team for the xmas fixtures, its just too many games in too short a period - why no game on 24th?

Help!!!! We have a tighter midfield since these two 'prospects' have been out. Let's keep in tight.

With all due respect to Skuse, he aint maknig it. To include him or Brown in the team (notwithstanding the heavy fixture list over the next 2 weeks) would be inapropriate. Noble and Russell have been excellent (IMHO) over the last couple of games at the Gate - lets keep it that way.

We really don't need them in the team at the moment. Consistancy is the key and the team shouldn't be changed unless neccessary.

As for Skuse, i still believe that his best game for us was at centre back vs wrexham last season

It looks like Skuse and Brown have to beat out noble and russell from their position. This is fair :city:

The message has to be simple: If you lose your place in the team, you have to work bloody hard to win it back.

The team is winning and we have something resembling a degree of consistency in team selection, it would be counter-productive for GJ to start chopping and changing again for anything other than injuries.

neither players have the positional sense to keep the sahpe of the team solid, both are mnot ready for the first team at the moment in my opinion. as i have said before skuse ball watches too much and needs to learn his trade alot more before becoming a first team regular. he is young though and it will come as he has undoubted potential.

Archived