IGNORED

Young Scott Moves On, Your Thoughts Please

Bristolface

Well young Scott Golbourne seems to be on the move up the M4 to Reading then, we seem to be some what of a feeder club for Reading now. What do you all think of this I for one cant make up my mind am sad to see us sell on young talent. But then again we seem to have had a good offer, SL talked it over with GJ and they let him go, so we seem to have got some dosh for a player not yet to make a big impression for the team so don't really know what we are yet to miss out on?

Oh lets hope we do over the yeovil tomorrow see ya all down there

Guest C.T.I.D

Well young Scott Golbourne seems to be on the move up the M4 to Reading then, we seem to be some what of a feeder club for Reading now. What do you all think of this I for one cant make up my mind am sad to see us sell on young talent. But then again we seem to have had a good offer, SL talked it over with GJ and they let him go, so we seem to have got some dosh for a player not yet to make a big impression for the team so don't really know what we are yet to miss out on?

Oh lets hope we do over the yeovil tomorrow see ya all down there

i blame TomF

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=0entry465838

My thoughts - a massive massive prospect. But we cant wait around, we need players in that will get us out of trouble now. Therefore GJ needs cash.

With Bridges wages released as well - hopefully we can sign a few players.

Good business by Reading again - they will turn Goldbourne into a great player.

All the best Scott.

Not too bothered, good prospect for the future but not needed at the moment imo. Also fee will help bring more quality into the squad.

Well summed up, my only concern is that he'll turn out to be a quality player, maybe sooner rather than later! Which would be frustrating for us!

But generally not too concerened! Good luck Scott!

I'm not at all happy about the idea of selling one of our best youngsters to a club we used to beat 4-0 on a regular basis (well, twice).

However, if the money raised can be well used by Johnson to buy a couple of players who will make a difference now then it is worth the sacrifice. Whilst we remain in this league it will be a constant battle to keep the academy open and keep hold of the better players, and ultimately the academy is only there to ensure the success of the first team. If we assume that there is more to come from the academy (and I see no reason why there shouldn't be) then we are currently better off selling a player who has had little real impact at first team level so far in order to get one who will.

Of course all this assumes that [a] we got a decent fee for him, and that Johnson will get money and spend it on a player who helps get us promoted in the not too distant future.

I suppose a lot depends on the fee we receive for him and whether he wanted out.

But I can't help thinking that once again the club is showing a lack of ambition by selling a player who is, after all, an England Youth International, especially when we are short of left-sided players.

Johnson and Lansdown will have a lot to answer for if things go t*ts up again...

I'm not at all happy about the idea of selling one of our best youngsters to a club we used to beat 4-0 on a regular basis (well, twice).

If we assume that there is more to come from the academy (and I see no reason why there shouldn't be) then we are currently better off selling a player who has had little real impact at first team level so far in order to get one who will.

Good shout BCFC_Dan. Scott's a great player and a real prospect. He's a nice lad and I'm sure he will go far in the game.

The Academy will provide other players that are as good if not better. To name a few there's Dean Grubb (currently injured) who will provide width and great pace - good backup for Murray if he struggles to keep in good form.

There's also Frankie Artus - a central midfielder who I think is as good as if not better then many of first team players and James Wilson a tough tackling defender who's blessed with bags of pace.

No worries - there's plenty of young players comming through!

I am not happy at all about this. Some say we may have other left backs in the academy - where? Remember Louis was plated at left back. From what I have seen Scott would have made a difference - he was class - it does not suprise me that he is the one to go and no offers have arrived for others such as Skuse who gets rave reviews by many on here.

Goldbourne was class - we should have kept him.

I am not happy at all about this. Some say we may have other left backs in the academy - where? Remember Louis was plated at left back. From what I have seen Scott would have made a difference - he was class - it does not suprise me that he is the one to go and no offers have arrived for others such as Skuse who gets rave reviews by many on here.

Goldbourne was class - we should have kept him.

He may be class in the future, but currently he does not make the squad. The Academy is currently acting as a £ maker. Get into the Championship and you can hold onto more players, at the moment; it is a good set up which produces good players for the future. With the right add ons, this could be a good deal for us.

We seem to have a knack of producing decent left sided defencive players, something that the national team can't do on a regular basis. Brennan, Hill, Scott, Barnard, Rosenior and now Goldbourne have all moved upwards

Archived