IGNORED

Transfer Window

bucksred

Its not far off closing, and we don't appear to be doing anything here.

am I alone in being worried about that fact. We're several players short of a good squad, and should we lose any of five players, IMHO are vital for us at the last minute (Brooks, Phillips, Cotts, Wilks & Carey) we'd be left right up kackallee without a bloomin paddle...

Our standing in the league must be at rock bottom, if we cant get anything DECENT fer Godssakes!!

Fingers out people!!

Guest C.T.I.D

2 more permanent plus another loaner to come in

Hopefully Bournemouths chairman bottles it around the last 2 days and takes our offer instead of zilch in summer :dunno:

1 week to go,may get busy soon.......i hope :blink:

I know what you mean Bucks, and am trying not to feel the same.

However. GJ did say, as the window opened, not to expect any dealings until the end of January. I guess it's just a case of trusting his judgement and holding our nerve (which he is doing also).

That said, I hope there is a 'Plan B' as we wouldn't be so foolish to leave ourselves up that creek paddle-less, would we????!!!!

I don't know whether to be more concerned that we're failing to get players in or that we might pay over the odds for mediocre players as we run out of time.

I think the current squad is good enough to avoid relegation if we play the right players and finish lower mid table, and therefore if it's a choice between Hayter at £200k which I reckon is well overpriced or noone I'd rather wait until the summer and try to spend the money better.

We can always continue to abuse the loan system a bit if we get unlucky with injuries etc.

Nibor

Edited by Nibor

Phillips & Wilks don't even start regularly and LW's off in the close season anyway.I wouldn't be surprised if SP left as well and Cotts flatters to deceive week in, week out.

I agree about Brooker & Carey and we need to attract the right players.

Fair comment I guess about Phillips. Wilkshire is one of the few decent footballers we have (At Home) It would be advantantageous to hang on to him (if poss)and Cotts will get better, although, with this squad, you'd have to doubt it as you think.

Aint lookin good. Some people thought we were better than Lu'on last year (and this) I still trying not to cry at delusions of grandeur by many on here.

Yeovil, Boston, and Boredmuff players, christ how ferkin far have fallen?? Wheres the next Taylor (Shaun, or Bob), Allison, Goodridge, Newman, in fact anyone decent!

I don't know whether to be more concerned that we're failing to get players in or that we might pay over the odds for mediocre players as we run out of time.

I think the current squad is good enough to avoid relegation if we play the right players and finish lower mid table, and therefore if it's a choice between Hayter at £200k which I reckon is well overpriced or noone I'd rather wait until the summer and try to spend the money better.

We can always continue to abuse the loan system a bit if we get unlucky with injuries etc.

Nibor

What and end up with the likes of rubbish we had when Gj took over. I agree to the point that the squad is ok now, but it's the way he picks his team and uses the substitutes to poor effect, that makes me think twice.

Guest DrFaustus

It aint looking good, is it Gary....City cant have THAT bad a reputation cant they?????? :whistle:

If anyone is unsigned, the Team will have a look at ya......... :laugh:

I'll play for free. Would have managed you for free too, but Mr Lansdown was less than enthused with my genuine offer.

Some people have no humility.